Rudy Gay Out For Season

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Definitely Not Good For The Grizzlies..

Grizzlies small forward Rudy Gay will miss the rest of this season after a second opinion on his partially dislocated left shoulder determined that the injury requires surgery.

Gay received the news after traveling to Birmingham, Ala., to visit renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews. Team physician Dr. Fred Azar of Campbell Clinic recommended the surgery, as did Andrews, and Dr. Barry Phillips and Dr. Robert Miller of the Campbell Clinic

http://www.commercia...eeds-surgery-w/

Posted

Damn, that's a bummer for Memphis. I hope he has a speedy and successful recovery.

Posted

tough news for the Grizzlies. though, they are still a dangerous team without Gay.

Rog and MemphisGRIZ901 like this

Posted

I would call this terrible news for the Grizzlies because they're in the 8th spot currently and the Rockets are 9th. As you all know, the playoffs are around the corner and EVERY TEAM is making a playoff push. A playoff push without their leader will be very tough for the Grizzlies as they might find themselves in 9th spot at the end of the season

Posted

I would call this terrible news for the Grizzlies because they're in the 8th spot currently and the Rockets are 9th. As you all know, the playoffs are around the corner and EVERY TEAM is making a playoff push. A playoff push without their leader will be very tough for the Grizzlies as they might find themselves in 9th spot at the end of the season

it's true, Swish, that the playoff push is starting to happen now, but even without Gay, they still have Randolph, Gasol, and Mayo. and though, the Rockets have been getting something together now with a current 4-game win streak, the Grizzlies should thank them for getting a defensive, veteran player in Battier.

Rog and MemphisGRIZ901 like this

Posted

As much as I wanted to see Rudy come back this season, the Grizzlies are playing well even without him. Memphis has what they have been lacking for the last few years, depth. OJ Mayo is always an offensive threat, Shane Battier plays stellar D, Darrell Arthur is playing well on both ends of the court and Leon Powe is another excellent addition to give us backup at the 3 and 4. The Grizz with or without Rudy still can make the playoffs, but how far they will get is hazy to me.

The Grizzlies defense overall has also gotten a lot better. TA and Mike Conley make a great stealing duo and Marc Gasol and Darrell Arthur have proven as of late to be talented shot blockers. Even Zach Randolph has stepped up the defensive pressure, holding Blake Griffin to his fewest points and rebounds this season.

Grizzlies are hungry, don't count em out.

Posted

Here's my thoughts on Gay & where the Grizzlies stand with him now lost for the remainder of the season: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/647061-memphis-grizzlies-rudy-gays-season-over-is-the-teams-season-over-too

MemphisGRIZ901 likes this

Posted

Here's my thoughts on Gay & where the Grizzlies stand with him now lost for the remainder of the season: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/647061-memphis-grizzlies-rudy-gays-season-over-is-the-teams-season-over-too

MEMPHIS GUY! lol... I'm sittin in the University of Memphis right now.

Grizzlies are gonna get the 6 seed, said it several times.

Posted

Rudy Gay is one one of my favorite players. Sucks he got injured

Posted

Doesn't look like Memphis will win their first playoff series anytime soon :(

Posted

Doesn't look like Memphis will win their first playoff series anytime soon :(

Bet on it

Posted

Bet on it

I don't see why not lol

Posted

I don't see why not lol

Cause we're in em.

Posted

Cause we're in em.

Lol I knew the Grizzlies were gonna make it to the playoffs when I posted that. Seems unlikely that they'll beat the Spurs though, no offense

Posted

Lol I knew the Grizzlies were gonna make it to the playoffs when I posted that. Seems unlikely that they'll beat the Spurs though, no offense

"To each, his own." -Some Random Guy

Sorry for the dumbass comment. I let the excitement get the better of me. If you like, you can call me one back, and i'll take no offense :)

But, ya.. it's the playoffs anything can happen.

Mentch likes this

Posted

"To each, his own." -Some Random Guy

Sorry for the dumbass comment. I let the excitement get the better of me. If you like, you can call me one back, and i'll take no offense :)

But, ya.. it's the playoffs anything can happen.

Haha nah it's cool man, I understand that fans want their team to do good, it only makes sense

Posted

Haha nah it's cool man, I understand that fans want their team to do good, it only makes sense

loln you lost that bet

Posted

loln you lost that bet

Lol that was a long time ago no lie

Posted

For a second I thought it was still 2011 :turrible:

Nashty likes this

Posted

For a second I thought it was still 2011 :turrible:

LMAO i was about to say something about this until i read this post

Posted

Wow you guys do a great job on recovering old topics. lol

Posted

Wow you guys do a great job on recovering old topics. lol

nAW i WAS SKIMMING and saw Mentch made the wrong ass bet :cool: I had to correct his mistake those Niggas just slow

Posted

i thought it was real !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Posted

i thought it was real !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

It is real, from last season.

Posted

It is real, from last season.

yeah i get it

i thought that this happened now!!!!!!!