Followers 0

Djoker's Top25 Full List!!

291 posts in this topic

Posted

Nice list. I cannot wait to see the rest

Posted

It's all there now! :shakeshout:

Posted

Nice list! What made you change your mind on Bill? I thought he used to not be in your top 10.

Posted

Nice list! What made you change your mind on Bill? I thought he used to not be in your top 10.

Bill still beat Wilt in a couple of years that Wilt had better teams. I still don't think he's top3 like some people have him but he's a lock for top7 greatest players! 5 MVP's and 11 titles is crazy in any era and then he always raised his game in the finals.

lol at #4

What's so funny? :okay:

Posted

Shaq is a bit too high considering he left 4 teams in bad terms.

Posted

May I know how long it took you? Personally I don't think Shaq should be number 4. That's just my opinion. Larry Legend is 4 and and Bill is 5

Posted

Shaq being #4. lol 5 would be alright but 4 and above Larry, is crazy IMO. But I do see why you can have him there. Great list tho. :)

Korv likes this

Posted

great man . Djoker the article king

Bill still beat Wilt in a couple of years that Wilt had better teams. I still don't think he's top3 like some people have him but he's a lock for top7 greatest players! 5 MVP's and 11 titles is crazy in any era and then he always raised his game in the finals.

What's so funny? :okay:

shaq

Posted

My top10 list has been fixed for a while. I was very close to putting Bird > Shaq but I couldn't do it:

Peak: slight edge Shaq

Longevity: huge edge Shaq

Accomplishments: slight edge Shaq

Competition: edge Bird

Intangibles: edge Bird

If Bird didn't go down with a back injury, I'd have him ahead but it's hard with a 5 year prime.

Posted

lol at #4

Same.

Posted

My top10 list has been fixed for a while. I was very close to putting Bird > Shaq but I couldn't do it:

Peak: slight edge Shaq

Longevity: huge edge Shaq

Accomplishments: slight edge Shaq

Competition: edge Bird

Intangibles: edge Bird

If Bird didn't go down with a back injury, I'd have him ahead but it's hard with a 5 year prime.

5 year prime?

6 years with a double-double in a row

Than he had two years where he almost had a double double but he was scoring almost 30 points per game.

9 prime years for him.

Posted

Very nice list! +1! I feel like Hakeem's a bit low though

NBA in the STL likes this

Posted

5 year prime?

6 years with a double-double in a row

Than he had two years where he almost had a double double but he was scoring almost 30 points per game.

9 prime years for him.

It's not just double double. Before 83-84, Bird couldn't reach his maximum potential in the playoffs. 83-88 is his prime before he succumbed to injuries. His whole career is 9 years basically. After 88, he was pretty beat down even if he could put up some decent numbers.

Shaq has 12-13 prime years and 19 years in his career. People don't realize that only Kareem in the history of the league made more all-star games and all-nba teams than Shaq. O'Neal had sick longevity. Combine that with a GOAT peak and accomplishments that only the top3 on that list can beat and you got a #4 player all-time!

Very nice list! +1! I feel like Hakeem's a bit low though

Hakeem is my favorite player along with Magic! Who would you put him ahead of? 1-6 on that list all have 3+ titles and were relevant for a longer span.

Posted

Yeah but I'd rather have Hakeem over Bill Russell... for example.. I mean Hakeem was still an amazing defensive player! And one offense, one of the most skilled big man in NBA history!

NBA in the STL likes this

Posted

Jordan is not a better player than Kareem, or more accomplished, or more impactful. If I was drafting one of them as a franchise player, I would take Jabbar. But Jordan is still the greatest ever

-

This confuses me, why is Jordan first if Kareem was the better player and Kareem Accomplished more?

Posted

Jordan is not a better player than Kareem, or more accomplished, or more impactful. If I was drafting one of them as a franchise player, I would take Jabbar. But Jordan is still the greatest ever

-

This confuses me, why is Jordan first if Kareem

was the better player and Kareem Accomplished more?

Yea confuses me too lol

Posted

Yeah but I'd rather have Hakeem over Bill Russell... for example.. I mean Hakeem was still an amazing defensive player! And one offense, one of the most skilled big man in NBA history!

It's still 11-2 in titles and 5-1 in MVP's. Russell would also win DPOY and 1st Team All-Defense almost every year had it existed. Hakeem is a better player individually but Russell still only lost twice in his playoff career, once when he was injured! Hakeem had a long career but he wasn't that good defensively or as a passer early in his career until the early 90's.

-

This confuses me, why is Jordan first if Kareem was the better player and Kareem Accomplished more?

Jordan inspired fans more than any other player. I think his legacy to the game is greater than anyone else'. Whether it's rightfully so or not is another consideration.

Posted

LeBron at 25 after 8 years and NO rings? :rofl:

Melo7 likes this

Posted

Shaq is a bit too high considering he left 4 teams in bad terms.

that doesnt take away the fact that he is tne of the most dominant players ever

LOBBIN likes this

Posted

I think Oscar is to low. To me he is 10th other then that I find this list interesting but good. It's different to mst lists but different for good reason

Posted

It's still 11-2 in titles and 5-1 in MVP's. Russell would also win DPOY and 1st Team All-Defense almost every year had it existed. Hakeem is a better player individually but Russell still only lost twice in his playoff career, once when he was injured! Hakeem had a long career but he wasn't that good defensively or as a passer early in his career until the early 90's.

Russell isn't better because he won 11 titles. If thats the case, he's clear cut for GOAT. However, his ability to play into a team concept and with his game to impact on his teams' wins is what makes him arguably better than Olajuwon. Both have case for GOAT IMO.

Posted

You put Bill Russell over Wilt, even 2 places over him. Respect!

Rog likes this

Posted

-

maybe because Kareem only really did one thing for the last 1/2 of his career... score. His rebounding numbers for the last 10 yrs of his career are pedestrian at best and his blocks dropped as his legs started showing their age (you need legs to reb and block shots) once Kareem hit his 30's. He could still score because of his height and skill (his sky hook was $, but he could score in other ways too) as they made up for his declining athleticism.

p.s. great article, well done. A few difference of opinions but really a solid list I can applaude.

p.p.s. No Pippen in HM? I'd take him over Frazier/Kidd and a few others in a heartbeat.

Jay likes this