Photo

Starting A Franchise: Shaq or Magic?

46 replies to this topic

Poll: Starting A Franchise: Shaq or Magic? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Starting A Franchise: Shaq or Magic?

1. Shaquille O'Neal (9 votes [40.91%])

Percentage of vote: 40.91%

2. Magic Johnson (13 votes [59.09%])

Percentage of vote: 59.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 OFFLINE   #1 Euroleague

#1 Euroleague

Superstar

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Funny that you leave out the point guard this thread is about, Magic Johnson, who led the Lakers to 5 NBA championships and 9 finals appearances.

I believe multiple of those were actually him BEING** led

also, if Shaq is your franchise player, it means you trade KOBE and not shaq (or pay him AS MUCH as Penny...although that might not've been the issue. but you match the offer sheet and don't offer him lower then market) and shaq stays on your team. just because he had issues with LA GM's decision to doesn't mean he is backstabbing/leaving. Him and Phil Jackson were really close, and got along great - they visited each other's homes in the OS, etc. Kobe that is a "cancer". if you had traded kobe for an almost as valuable star and another player, chemistry would be fine. Shaq got along really well with Penny, and NO ONE got along with Kobe on that team. Shaq would be a great franchise player... just because he was traded by LA and lowballed of ORL doesn't imply he'll roll.

and Shaq's Orlando team wasn't as amazing.

#42 OFFLINE   Void

Void

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Magic, please. He makes everyone better. Also, Shaq was lazy and had a poor work ethic. He always showed up to camp out of shape. You see him dominate in the finals, and then you wonder why he didn't play that way all the time. To paraphrase Phil Jackson, Shaq could have won MVP every year if he wanted to.

I see people saying Shaq was a great defender, but he wasn't IMO. He had the ability, size and strength to be a tremendous defender, but he never put in the effort. His contemporaries, Hakeem, David Robinson, Mutombo, and Mourning were all better defenders than him IMO.

#43 OFFLINE   Fakhrul

Fakhrul

Madness is Delicious!

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Shaq's ego make me afraid that he'll kill me anytime i critized him for not playing on good shape, so i choose Magic.

Posted Image

Goat Battle

#44 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

I'm taking Magic, possibly the most complete player of all time.

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#45 OFFLINE   The Irving show

The Irving show

All-Star

• Banned
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Magic with or without HIV.

At first I thought this was a joke thread I couldn't believe it was serious MJ, Magic and Bird are untouchable nobody can compare and to think Bird and Magic were both legends with their careers cut short from injury/HIV imagine if Magic didnt get HIV and Birds back was fine.

#46 OFFLINE   sm30

sm30

ROCK STAR

• Members
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

shaq was practically unguardable in his prime, but if i'm starting from scratch, i want i guy who can make everyone around him better. so i'm going with magic.

#47 OFFLINE   MaddSkillz

MaddSkillz

The GOAT of H-N past.

• Members
  • 14,367 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

This thread brought back some memories. Back when I actually cared about posting... lol

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users