Photo

Should the Cavs have drafted Williams/Kemba instead of Irving/Thompson?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SportsFan93

SportsFan93

Frank Cornelius Jr. aka THE BOAT

• Members
  • 19,584 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

Should the Cavs have drafted Derrick Williams at #1 and then Kemba Walker at #4 instead of drafting Kyrie Irving at #1 and Tristan Thompson at #4?

#2 OFFLINE   Melo7

Melo7

GSL Bulls GM

• Members
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:55 AM

yes. I don't really like Kemba but he WILL have a better career than Kyrie and IMO, already is a better player. And like I said a MILLION times, Derrick Williams IS better than Kyrie.

Explain to me this (people who think Kyrie is So Great), how does a player play ONLY 11 games in his NCAA career (not counting NCAA tournament) get selected #1? And how do people think hes so great? He barely played in College. All it shows is that hes INJURY PRONE. How the heck did he get drafted #1? Makes NO sense. Cavs pretty much drafted blindly.

Posted Image

CHICAGO BULLS GSL GM

#3 OFFLINE   SuperPHRESH

SuperPHRESH

Phresher than Febreze

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

imo it was simply dumb for the Cavs to pick a PG at 1# cause there were sooo many PGs to pick from, but not so many Forwards
i woulda picked Williams and Knight or Kemba instead of Kyrie and Thompson, cause i dont think that thmopson is THAT good,

Posted Image

-made by my boy bRaheem-

#4 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,997 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:27 AM

Well obviously.... I think Kemba would be capable to adapt to pass the ball more while I think Williams is way better than Thompson so to me is an obvious

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#5 OFFLINE   La Pistola

La Pistola

Delusional Rubio Fan

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:51 AM

If I were the Cavs, I would have picked either D-Will or Kanter then use the 4th pick on Knight, Kemba or Irving if he's still available.
Posted Image
-Flatmate

#6 OFFLINE   danzer1594

danzer1594

All-Star

• Members
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

yes.. definitely... they would be better than what they currently picked

#7 OFFLINE   ISOMELO

ISOMELO

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 5,482 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

They should have picked Derrick Williams at 1. He fills the SF position they've had a void there since LeBron left. He has serious upside and is gonna be a good player If Minnesota trades Beasley and make Williams the starter I expect 15 and 8 from him. Kyrie doesn't fit a need, they already had Baron Davis, Ramon Sessions and Boobie Gibson. Irving was injured most of the season for Duke and was not better than Kemba or Derrick Williams or Jimmer in college. They took Thompson to high I was expecting Thompson to go 10-15 range!
tumblr_n11so4VD2Q1rdqggno1_400.giftumblr_mjmh37fgsm1ql5dzao1_400.gif

#8 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch

Bleed Green

• Members
  • 13,907 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

yes either kemba or knight

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Okcthunder

Okcthunder

6th Man

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

i thought that it would have been williams first and knight 4
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   Timba7

Timba7

Wolves4Life

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

No point in looking back, they need to focus on what they have and hope they pan out. Personally, im a huge fan of TT. He has some stuff to work on, i dont expect a big rookie year from him, but i think he will be a pretty darn good player. Irving I like as well, but i agree, should not have been taken 1st. Hope it works out for them though.

Posted Image

^props to Asian Mamba

#11 OFFLINE   Ballin like D-Rose

Ballin like D-Rose

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Banned
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:11 AM

yes. I don't really like Kemba but he WILL have a better career than Kyrie and IMO, already is a better player. And like I said a MILLION times, Derrick Williams IS better than Kyrie.

Explain to me this (people who think Kyrie is So Great), how does a player play ONLY 11 games in his NCAA career (not counting NCAA tournament) get selected #1? And how do people think hes so great? He barely played in College. All it shows is that hes INJURY PRONE. How the heck did he get drafted #1? Makes NO sense. Cavs pretty much drafted blindly.

cuz he was injured what are you stunned, 1 injury means hes injury prone. Your just mad cuz hes better then Williams and Walker, idk why you would be mad tho

#12 OFFLINE   The Polish Hammer

The Polish Hammer

Hornets GM

• Members
  • 8,432 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:13 AM

the cavs should have drafted kyrie and jonas. idk why they chose thompson

#13 OFFLINE   Player_Royal

Player_Royal

Rookie

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:07 AM

I think they should have drafted Kyrie first and then Valanciunas ! I was 100% sure that they'd take Valanciunas at the 4 when Kanter got drafted by the Jazz at the 3 but somehow they went with Thompson...Don't get me wrong, I believe that Thompson will be a solid big men in this league but I see him more as a guy who comes of the bench, kinda like Amir Johnson from the Raptors...Valanciunas however looks very very promising and could become a starting center with allstar potential....

I think that drafting Kyrie at the nr 1 spot was ok though because he will be a leader on the court who makes his teammates better and dictates the speed of the game while Derrick will probably just be a good scorer...
  • The Future likes this

Posted Image

If you are going to camp out at the three point line all day, you better hit most of your shots from out there.

#14 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

The Velvet Revival

• Members
  • 26,961 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:41 AM

Yes no doubt in my mind Cavs should have taken DWill and Kemba. Williams is the better player, and Kemba is better than Kyrie right noe, and I'm not a fan of Thompson really

jay_electronica_by_snowmant-d81280n.png

#15 OFFLINE   dogdays

dogdays

Rookie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

Looks like all of you were wrong.
  • The Future, Young Gee and Bob Loves Ariana like this

#16 OFFLINE   DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• Members
  • 30,138 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

They shoulda.

uMe1yFr.jpg

#17 ONLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 26,995 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:52 AM

They made the right call.

I thought that they could have added Jonas at 4th, but with picking up the best player in this draft and one of the best.. they didn't do bad at all.

DxhMH7n.gif

#18 OFFLINE   Lil Kyrie™

Lil Kyrie™

New York Knicks 2012-2013

• Members
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Well everybody thought Williams was going to go number but Kyrie came. I agree they should have picked a forward since the draft was a little point guard heavy.

run4fun808.gif?dateline=1365332746HNL SUNS GM

RtSPYU.gif

#19 OFFLINE   Wolves United

Wolves United

Bounce Bros

• Members
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

yes either kemba or knight

i thought that it would have been williams first and knight 4

They should have picked Derrick Williams at 1. He fills the SF position they've had a void there since LeBron left. He has serious upside and is gonna be a good player If Minnesota trades Beasley and make Williams the starter I expect 15 and 8 from him. Kyrie doesn't fit a need, they already had Baron Davis, Ramon Sessions and Boobie Gibson. Irving was injured most of the season for Duke and was not better than Kemba or Derrick Williams or Jimmer in college. They took Thompson to high I was expecting Thompson to go 10-15 range!

yes.. definitely... they would be better than what they currently picked

If I were the Cavs, I would have picked either D-Will or Kanter then use the 4th pick on Knight, Kemba or Irving if he's still available.

Well obviously.... I think Kemba would be capable to adapt to pass the ball more while I think Williams is way better than Thompson so to me is an obvious

imo it was simply dumb for the Cavs to pick a PG at 1# cause there were sooo many PGs to pick from, but not so many Forwards
i woulda picked Williams and Knight or Kemba instead of Kyrie and Thompson, cause i dont think that thmopson is THAT good,

LOL :rofl:
  • Wojnarowski likes this
Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   Makaveli

Makaveli

Welcome to LA Randle

• Members
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Tristan was a bust but Kyrie is definitely something else... They can always find another player to replace tristan but i doubt they could replace kyrie

@Melo7

WTF? Derrick Williams is not better than Kyrie... Kyrie is amazing he has one of the best scoring abilities among the current PG's plus one of the if not the best handles in the NBA, plus his passing game and ability to see the court is already developing... and Kemba if getting much better but he won't reach Kyrie's level.

#KD4MVP #JonBonesJones #WileECoyote #DamianFuckingLilliard #ReggieFuckingJackson

Posted Image

Braves GM - 180-84 franchise record

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users