Photo

Does Orlando give Dwight the best place to win?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Djoker

Djoker

Enforcer

• Global Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

Right now I think it does.

3rd in the East and still improving on both ends. I think going to Jersey won't improve his chances at all. You're looking at some nice young talent there but it could take years to develop. The Magic have a solid roster that could get over that hump with a move or two more in the next year.

I think Dwight should stay.

#2 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

• Members
  • 26,068 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

honestly, no. the Magic would be terrible without him, at least in New Jersey he would have D Will. I want him to stay to avoid another superteam or whatever but in my opinion he could have better chances to win somewhere else

tumblr_n5le1iQOPC1qbp7ebo3_250.gif

9kAfPC8.png

#3 OFFLINE   Motion

Motion

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

Depends on what sort of trade he can get involved with, but yeah, I don't think he should be in a hurry to get traded anywhere as Orlando still is a contender and the best place for him atm.

MOTIONHOOPSNATION

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   carmelo115

carmelo115

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 7,278 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

he would not have a better chance to win in NJ

a9434b07-6f15-44a3-9eee-eb03234fd9e4.jpg HNL: New Orleans Hornets GM

#5 OFFLINE   Nabster

Nabster

d rs pls

• Members
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

No, they just don't have enough talent around him

THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO UTILIZE THE BEST CENTER IN THE NBA.

If used correctly as a player, Dwight Howard would lead any team to the championship.

The Magic shoot TOO MANY BAD SHOTS.

derrick_rose_signature_by_sidthekid871-d

#6 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,152 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

If by win you mean lose, then yes.

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#7 OFFLINE   NBA in the STL

NBA in the STL

~Certified Swag Mod Dolemite~

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

Dwight has the third best record in the east. Everyone else just gives a lil' bit or no help.

He should leave. I wouldn't blame him.

st_louis_3-500x200.jpg

#8 ONLINE   Djoker

Djoker

Enforcer

• Global Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

^ How are the Nets better though? Lopez is always injured. Hump, Farmar, Brooks, and Morrow are decent players but there is little beyond those guys and Deron. And nobody plays defense. That team with Dwight won't win more games than Orlando.

If he went do Dallas sure but the Mavs can't actually sign him. It has to be some kind of trade right?

#9 OFFLINE   SportsFan93

SportsFan93

Frank Cornelius Jr. aka THE BOAT

• Members
  • 19,584 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

^ How are the Nets better though? Lopez is always injured. Hump, Farmar, Brooks, and Morrow are decent players but there is little beyond those guys and Deron. And nobody plays defense. That team with Dwight won't win more games than Orlando.

If he went do Dallas sure but the Mavs can't actually sign him. It has to be some kind of trade right?

Mavs can sign Deron and Dwight if they let all contracts expire, decline all team options, amnesty Haywood, and give away Marion for free.

#10 ONLINE   Djoker

Djoker

Enforcer

• Global Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

Mavs can sign Deron and Dwight if they let all contracts expire, decline all team options, amnesty Haywood, and give away Marion for free.

Who would remain on the roster? Just Dirk?

#11 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

• Members
  • 26,068 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

thats, like such a long shot its not even funny
  • Jay likes this

tumblr_n5le1iQOPC1qbp7ebo3_250.gif

9kAfPC8.png

#12 OFFLINE   Savage™

Savage™

http://mastakushhoe.tumblr.com/

• Members
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

His roster sucks
Nelson- scrub
Turkoglu- scrub
JRich- playing like a scrub
Anderson- Just a shooter
Reddick- just a shooter
Big Baby- scrub

DWill is way better than anyone and that roster, and you could even make a case for Brooks being better than anyone there... They have other players like Morrow, Ex- Kardashian, and Stevenson
That team right there is better than the Magic now...

GhwRkYX.gif?1

"I thought school was wack, being cool was wack/And niggas thought I was cool, how cool is that?"

#13 OFFLINE   Penny

Penny

no quiero nada más sin vos

• Members
  • 9,766 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

His roster sucks
Nelson- scrub
Turkoglu- scrub
JRich- playing like a scrub
Anderson- Just a shooter
Reddick- just a shooter
Big Baby- scrub

DWill is way better than anyone and that roster, and you could even make a case for Brooks being better than anyone there... They have other players like Morrow, Ex- Kardashian, and Stevenson
That team right there is better than the Magic now...

your definition of a 'scrub' is so stupid it's not even funny
  • Jay likes this

2q0kf2b.png

#14 OFFLINE   carmeloanthonyfico

carmeloanthonyfico

Mr. Clutch

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

new jersey might probably be the best option especially when they have a top 5 pg like deron. they would make a great one-two punch and dwight would bring defense to a team that needs it since their coach is defensive minded. but that won't be enough though. if the nets can convince kirilenko, who's a good defender, to come back and play for them and get another defensive big man like hayes, i think they will be a top 5 defensive team and would look something like this:

PG - DERON WILLIAMS
SG - DeSHAUN STEVENSON
SF - ANDREI KIRILENKO
PF - KRIS HUMPHRIES
C - DWIGHT HOWARD

BENCH: CHUCK HAYES, ANTHONY MORROW, DAMION JAMES, MarSHON BROOKS, JORDAN FARMAR

a pretty defensive line-up. they have a low salary cap so they can pull this off by trading lopez and okur. it will take a while though for the nets to become real contenders and dwight is titile hungry. the ideal team right now for him would be chicago if the bulls are willing to trade noah, boozer and a couple of picks. it would exciting to watch him play with drose. they would look something like the 06 shaq and wade heat.

#15 ONLINE   Ray

Ray

WojTard

• Members
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

new jersey might probably be the best option especially when they have a top 5 pg like deron. they would make a great one-two punch and dwight would bring defense to a team that needs it since their coach is defensive minded. but that won't be enough though. if the nets can convince kirilenko, who's a good defender, to come back and play for them and get another defensive big man like hayes, i think they will be a top 5 defensive team and would look something like this:

PG - DERON WILLIAMS
SG - DeSHAUN STEVENSON
SF - ANDREI KIRILENKO
PF - KRIS HUMPHRIES
C - DWIGHT HOWARD

BENCH: CHUCK HAYES, ANTHONY MORROW, DAMION JAMES, MarSHON BROOKS, JORDAN FARMAR

a pretty defensive line-up. they have a low salary cap so they can pull this off by trading lopez and okur. it will take a while though for the nets to become real contenders and dwight is titile hungry. the ideal team right now for him would be chicago if the bulls are willing to trade noah, boozer and a couple of picks. it would exciting to watch him play with drose. they would look something like the 06 shaq and wade heat.

chuck haze??
2agnktx.jpg

#16 OFFLINE   carmeloanthonyfico

carmeloanthonyfico

Mr. Clutch

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

chuck haze??

he's undersized and underrated but that guy is a good rebounder and very tough

#17 ONLINE   Ray

Ray

WojTard

• Members
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

he's undersized and underrated but that guy is a good rebounder and very tough

no i mean dosent he play with the kings?
2agnktx.jpg

#18 OFFLINE   carmeloanthonyfico

carmeloanthonyfico

Mr. Clutch

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:35 AM

no i mean dosent he play with the kings?

yeah but it would be great if they traded for him. the nets got a lot of players they don't need and hayes isn't playing much in sacramento.

#19 OFFLINE   SportsFan93

SportsFan93

Frank Cornelius Jr. aka THE BOAT

• Members
  • 19,584 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

Who would remain on the roster? Just Dirk?

Players remaining would be Dirk, Dominique Jones, Rodrigue Beaubois, and Brandon Wright.

Then, they'd sign Deron and Dwight.

After that, they could use bird years and re-sign players such as Kidd, Odom, and other free agents they let expire to clear cap room. You can go over the cap if you have bird years. So, Mavs line-up if they sign bird year players back would be...

PG: D-Will
SG: Roddy B
SF: Odom
PF: Dirk
C: Howard
6th Man: Kidd/Dominique Jones
7th Man: Brandon Wright
Then, 8-12 men would be a combo of their MLE, LLE, and vet min contracts and they could still use their 8.9 million trade exception to acquire someone.

Mavs have a better chance than people think.

Dwight would rather join Deron in Dallas with Dirk and great management in place rather than Brooklyn with no one besides Deron and the questionable Billy King as GM. LeBron, Wade, and Bosh chose Miami over the glitz and glam of New York. What's so farfetched about Deron and Dwight doing the same thing essentially?
  • Djoker likes this

#20 ONLINE   Djoker

Djoker

Enforcer

• Global Moderators
  • 14,277 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

Players remaining would be Dirk, Dominique Jones, Rodrigue Beaubois, and Brandon Wright.

Then, they'd sign Deron and Dwight.

After that, they could use bird years and re-sign players such as Kidd, Odom, and other free agents they let expire to clear cap room. You can go over the cap if you have bird years. So, Mavs line-up if they sign bird year players back would be...

PG: D-Will
SG: Roddy B
SF: Odom
PF: Dirk
C: Howard
6th Man: Kidd/Dominique Jones
7th Man: Brandon Wright
Then, 8-12 men would be a combo of their MLE, LLE, and vet min contracts and they could still use their 8.9 million trade exception to acquire someone.

Mavs have a better chance than people think.

Dwight would rather join Deron in Dallas with Dirk and great management in place rather than Brooklyn with no one besides Deron and the questionable Billy King as GM. LeBron, Wade, and Bosh chose Miami over the glitz and glam of New York. What's so farfetched about Deron and Dwight doing the same thing essentially?

Wow that would be great!!

I think Dallas is the best spot for him... I don't know how likely this is though?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users