Photo

Haters! Jeremy Lin Did What Lebron Could NOT!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   La Pistola

La Pistola

Delusional Rubio Fan

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

Jeremy Lin did what LeBron James could not last year. He brought out the best in the Miami Heat.
Posted Image
-Flatmate

#2 OFFLINE   Ballin like D-Rose

Ballin like D-Rose

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Banned
  • 7,556 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

supposed to be funny?
  • Ray likes this

#3 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 24,049 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

He also had 8 TO's.......
  • Ray likes this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

He also had 8 TO's.......

Wow are you going to post that in every thread? We get it, he has work to do.

He's still most probably going to be a quality PG in this league and the haters will just have to live with that.

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#5 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 24,049 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

Wow are you going to post that in every thread? We get it, he has work to do.

He's still most probably going to be a quality PG in this league and the haters will just have to live with that.

I will post that every time I hear about Lin.
If he stop being a turnover machine, I'll stop saying that.

Everyone praises Lin, no one is talking about his games' bad aspects.
  • trs72 likes this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

Really? There's about 5 threads since the game doing exactly that and you're posting in every one.

But no one is trying to put the kid down though, no siree.

This is just a sad microcosm of the world we live in now. A kid comes from nowhere and finally gets a break and instead of giving him props you let the media tell you how you should feel about him.

It's hilarious that all I hear is how much you all hate the media, well guess what, they want you to hate them or love them or somewhere in between. Your passion for how they make you feel is exactly why they can manipulate you like they do.

You're as much the problem as they are because you enable them by giving them the power over your thoughts. Well done.

Lin is a good ball player who is living his dream and will encounter obstacles along the way. If you don't make mistakes you never learn from them. If you don't fail you can never succeed.

shakira.gif?w=300

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#7 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 24,049 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

Really? There's about 5 threads since the game doing exactly that and you're posting in every one.

But no one is trying to put the kid down though, no siree.

This is just a sad microcosm of the world we live in now. A kid comes from nowhere and finally gets a break and instead of giving him props you let the media tell you how you should feel about him.

It's hilarious that all I hear is how much you all hate the media, well guess what, they want you to hate them or love them or somewhere in between. Your passion for how they make you feel is exactly why they can manipulate you like they do.

You're as much the problem as they are because you enable them by giving them the power over your thoughts. Well done.

Lin is a good ball player who is living his dream and will encounter obstacles along the way. If you don't make mistakes you never learn from them. If you don't fail you can never succeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ZjiJb9Efk

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Jordan knows better than anyone about what I just said so that was a pointless post.

They say a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, well a lot of people on here enforce that every day by grabbing one point (8 turnovers, the media, etc) and pursuing it like a dog with a bone.

Next time you're at a park, watch a dog, watch how terretorial it gets when it thinks something belongs to it. Then come home and read your arguements, you might finally understand where I'm coming from as you see like the dog it seems a lot of people on here are oblivious to reason, they don't care about the big picture and all that matters is they hang on to that one point.

shakira.gif?w=300

#9 OFFLINE   dartvayne

dartvayne

Go KD

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

for what is this topic ?

#10 OFFLINE   Djoker

Djoker

Enforcer

• Global Moderators
  • 14,183 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Lin is a very talented young player.

Of course he still has a lot to learn like limiting turnovers and becoming a better defender.
  • WrongIslander 2.0 likes this

#11 OFFLINE   celtic fan

celtic fan

• Members
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

oh hai, I see you're new to being a fan of the NBA. let me explain a few things to you about the NBA media coverage and pro-sports media in general...THEY'RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE NEXT BIG THING AND THEY ALWAYS HAMMER THE SUBJECT TO AN OBNOXIOUS LEVEL....A-L-W-A-Y-S. It's not the players fault for such coverage and over-hyping of his game.

Also if you're patient, the media will eventually turn on the player/team and pick them apart because even they get sick of reporting/hyping that player.

Once you learn and accept this, you'll start enjoying the sport a whole lot more.

k? thx, bai.
  • Flash D3 and WrongIslander 2.0 like this

t02snb_jpg_medium.gif

200.gif

#12 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 24,049 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:23 AM

oh hai, I see you're new to being a fan of the NBA. let me explain a few things to you about the NBA media coverage and pro-sports media in general...THEY'RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE NEXT BIG THING AND THEY ALWAYS HAMMER THE SUBJECT TO AN OBNOXIOUS LEVEL....A-L-W-A-Y-S. It's not the players fault for such coverage and over-hyping of his game.

Also if you're patient, the media will eventually turn on the player/team and pick them apart because even they get sick of reporting/hyping that player.

Once you learn and accept this, you'll start enjoying the sport a whole lot more.

k? thx, bai.

I never said that it's players' fault. I don't hate Lin, I'm just mentioning his TO's number which is BIG in general. Is not that he averages 3,something TO's.
By the time he started playing his "big" games he has an over 6 TO's per game average. That's pretty bad to me.

You're welcome.

Jordan knows better than anyone about what I just said so that was a pointless post.

They say a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, well a lot of people on here enforce that every day by grabbing one point (8 turnovers, the media, etc) and pursuing it like a dog with a bone.

Next time you're at a park, watch a dog, watch how terretorial it gets when it thinks something belongs to it. Then come home and read your arguements, you might finally understand where I'm coming from as you see like the dog it seems a lot of people on here are oblivious to reason, they don't care about the big picture and all that matters is they hang on to that one point.

I'm just mentioning his TO's number which is BIG in general. Is not that he averages 3,something TO's.
By the time he started playing his "big" games he has an over 6 TO's per game average. That's pretty bad to me.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   celtic fan

celtic fan

• Members
  • 6,213 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

You forgot this important stat... some might even suggest it's the most important stat.

W,W,W,W,W,W,W,L,W,L,W

That's 9 for, 2 against since Lin has become the starting PG.... obviously the TO's are not a big factor for the success of the Team.
  • WrongIslander 2.0 likes this

t02snb_jpg_medium.gif

200.gif

#14 OFFLINE   carmeloanthonyfico

carmeloanthonyfico

Mr. Clutch

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

I never said that it's players' fault. I don't hate Lin, I'm just mentioning his TO's number which is BIG in general. Is not that he averages 3,something TO's.

You're welcome.

I'm just mentioning his TO's number which is BIG in general. Is not that he averages 3,something TO's.

there are players that have a lot more turnovers than lin. steve nash for example.

#15 OFFLINE   carmeloanthonyfico

carmeloanthonyfico

Mr. Clutch

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

so what are you trying to prove? lin didn't earn his money? just because his name isn't jordan, barkley, johnson or bird means he can be criticized?

#16 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 24,049 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

so what are you trying to prove? lin didn't earn his money? just because his name isn't jordan, barkley, johnson or bird means he can be criticized?

You're trying to say that he earned his money by playing 10 games???

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Bateman

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Do you ever shut the hell up about Jeremy Lin?

Every post you make is either about scrubs or Lin...

patrick-bateman-card_zpseb5cad13.png

New card, What do think?

#18 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 24,049 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

there are players that have a lot more turnovers than lin. steve nash for example.

Does Nash have over 6 TO's per game?!?!

Do you ever shut the hell up about Jeremy Lin?

Every post you make is either about scrubs or Lin...

First of all, you should press "Quote".
Secondly, despite your kind way, no, I won't!

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Bateman

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

Does Nash have over 6 TO's per game?!?!

First of all, you should press "Quote".
Secondly, despite your kind way, no, I won't!

Why would I quote you if I wasn't aiming my comment at you ya tool

patrick-bateman-card_zpseb5cad13.png

New card, What do think?

#20 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 24,049 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

Why would I quote you if I wasn't aiming my comment at you ya tool

Fair enough!
I misunderstood.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★