Photo

Do the dunk contest get worse every year?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,976 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

I've seen that on Twitter, Facebook etc.

A lot of people have said this dunk contest was the worst ever but people have said the same thing last year complaining about everything

So what do you guys think? Are the dunk contests getting worse every year?

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#2 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

• Members
  • 26,046 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

yes, the one yesterday didnt even compare to the ones back in the day with Michael and Dominique

9kAfPC8.png

#3 OFFLINE   Stefan

Stefan

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

The Dunk Contests from 2004---- are only getting worse...

There are pretty much same dunks, we need something special!!!!!!

We need- LeBron, Rose,Westbrook,Wall, DeRozan!

#4 OFFLINE   Penny

Penny

no quiero nada más sin vos

• Members
  • 9,766 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

No, people are just idiots. Players nowadays are more athletic and they take that for granted... they can't enjoy a contest without either "Only a 360 windmill? YAWN" or "I don't care if he had 12 misses then just did a layup, my favourite player was robbed man!"

This year's wasn't anything special but still had some nice stuff. Last year's was one of my favourites ever.
  • Truth34 likes this

2q0kf2b.png

#5 OFFLINE   Poohdini

Poohdini

The One Who Knocks

• Members
  • 9,590 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

• Swish, MJistheGOAT, TeoTheGreek13 and 1 other like this

iQGNLrtptj5Np.gifiABvnrIB8UpFz.gif

#6 OFFLINE   scott0326

scott0326

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

I thought the 2011 contest was pretty decent.. last night was terrible IMO. I've never even heard of Jeremy Evans before the contest, who the hell is that?

#7 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Yes.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Penny

Penny

• Members
  • 9,766 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

I thought the 2011 contest was pretty decent.. last night was terrible IMO. I've never even heard of Jeremy Evans before the contest, who the hell is that?

This is another problem.

Too often the more casual fan just wants big names rather than appreciating decent dunks

2q0kf2b.png

#9 OFFLINE   Death2Midrange

Death2Midrange

All-Star

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Because its all about popularity and gimmicks. If it was all about dunking then Gerald Green should have been in it.

Add me on twitter: @2016champions

#10 OFFLINE   masterpiece

masterpiece

Most Valuable Member

• Members
  • 6,973 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

I like they gone Vintage also prefer original stuff like George's light dunk rather than shit like bringing bikes, cars. Jumping over people is getting kinda boring but aslong as they give a good show it's fine. Budinger honored the movie and Evans did same with Malone rather make a winner to a dunk with effort on what he's doing than a simple oop over a car.

Posted Image

H-N Mixx-Team founder
My channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/lfmike

#11 OFFLINE   Death2Midrange

Death2Midrange

All-Star

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Yeah i like the throwback dunks too, originality is overrated. For example some great songs today were inpired from old songs, its all about how you perform it and make it your own version. Like alot of ppl have done free throw dunks, but MJs free throw dunk was the best version because of the way he did it.

#12 OFFLINE   Korv

Korv

Cudder

• Members
  • 15,530 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

This is another problem.

Too often the more casual fan just wants big names rather than appreciating decent dunks

exactly I would rather have a young upcoming unknown Paul George then a bad hairline in the rim from LBJ

kobe-1.png?t=1344819721

Brandon_Roy_Sig_by_michaellui11.jpg

HNL: Jazz GM S7: 53-29 (Lost to Dallas Mavericks 4-3 in Semifinals) I S8: 44-38 (Lost to San Diego Conqs 4-1 in Quarterfinals) I S9: 58-24 (Lost to Fresno Freeze 4-2 in Quarterfinals)

#13 OFFLINE   scott0326

scott0326

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

This is another problem.

The dunks weren't that impressive.. I don't care who did them. My point about Evans is, why the hell was he in the contest? Its not like he is some kind of super dunker or something. Is he really the only guy the NBA could get to do it? If they wanted random scrubs who are good at nothing but dunking to put on a show, they should just call up Gerald Green or James White and get them on the contest.

#14 OFFLINE   Damnshow

Damnshow

Off the hizzle fo shizzle dizzle

• Members
  • 4,890 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

The problem is each year it's more difficult to impress the audience with the dunks, jumping over someone not interesting for them, all those creative thingys also not interesting, people gotta realise a basketball player is a human this is not some nba street type of thing or something no one's gonna do so some 1080 dunk or something, this is not a video game, plus this is a professional basketball league where players are busy besides just trying to think of some outstanding dunks and do the training, this season's schedule is also very difficult, you wanna see dunks watch teamflightbrothers and stuff like that where those people concentrate on dunking.
  • Penny likes this

ywXVQe.gif

#15 OFFLINE   Truth34

Truth34

Red Sox

• Members
  • 17,665 posts

No, people are just idiots. Players nowadays are more athletic and they take that for granted... they can't enjoy a contest without either "Only a 360 windmill? YAWN" or "I don't care if he had 12 misses then just did a layup, my favourite player was robbed man!"

This year's wasn't anything special but still had some nice stuff. Last year's was one of my favourites ever.

Word.

roindotip.gifrondop2.gif

#16 OFFLINE   Penny

Penny

• Members
  • 9,766 posts

The dunks weren't that impressive.. I don't care who did them. My point about Evans is, why the hell was he in the contest? Its not like he is some kind of super dunker or something. Is he really the only guy the NBA could get to do it? If they wanted random scrubs who are good at nothing but dunking to put on a show, they should just call up Gerald Green or James White and get them on the contest.

I get this years contest wasn't that good... but Evans is a good in-game dunker and so of-course they would enter him into the contest, it's hard to tell if someone is just good in-game of if they're a decent dunker.

They have to be NBA players else it would get ridiculous. Teams would sign random streetballers to 10 day contracts just for the dunk contest

2q0kf2b.png

#17 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,976 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

Because its all about popularity and gimmicks. If it was all about dunking then Gerald Green should have been in it.

Jeremy Evans is popular?

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#18 OFFLINE   Death2Midrange

Death2Midrange

All-Star

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

It was refreshing to see Jeremy Evans this year, we need to see more entries like him in the future - guys who aren't popular but are in it because they are in it because they can dunk.

#19 OFFLINE   Makaveli

Makaveli

Welcome to LA Randle

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Jeremy Evans the pogo stick for real? so bad..

#KD4MVP #JonBonesJones #WileECoyote #DamianFuckingLilliard #ReggieFuckingJackson

Posted Image

Braves GM - 180-84 franchise record

#20 OFFLINE   Manavski

Manavski

Starter

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

Last night dunk contest was terible.Next year will be VERY VERY :turrible: if in dunk contest dont get Westbrook,Wall,James :)
Posted Image
TROLOLOLO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users