#1 OFFLINE   Thank Javale Im Atheist

Thank Javale Im Atheist

Antoine Mason

• HN Members
  • 17,849 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

http://espn.go.com/l...er-darrell-name

GSL: New Jersey Nets GM

l Eric Murdock l Houshang Rafati l Glenn Robinson l Danny Manning l Ralph Sampson l

l Zhang Yongjun l Paul Pressey l Mark Dalton l Larry Nance l

#2 OFFLINE   Frosty

Frosty

#LilPipeGang

• HN Members
  • 23,859 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

smh @clippers management

PPOuHgy.png

Rog: And niggas were surprised he busted

#3 OFFLINE   EssenceOfTheMind

EssenceOfTheMind

Misunderstood

• HN Members
  • 18,779 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

1. "Clipper Darrell" gets a free seat for his troubles, ask him when was the last time he paid to get in

2. The guy is stealing the intellectual property from the Clippers

3. You'd be upset if some dude came along bummed your logo and threw him name on it without you getting your cut.

4. Go to this guys website and look at all the crap he is selling, put yourself in the clippers shoes and ask what you would do to him after you've asked nicely not to do this and he continues to sell stuff he has no right to sell. Remember he already gets in for free to every home game.

what many of you might not understand is that when a person is making public appearances and statements with an affiliation with a company or organization, much like Mr. Bailey, those companies and organizations can then become liable if lawsuits or something were to arise. And he's making money off of his own affiliation with them which, without their permission, is by definition illegal.

#4 OFFLINE   Tebow Magic

Tebow Magic

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• HN Members
  • 7,195 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ah I'll miss Clipper Darrell.... Oh well. We still got Spike Lee and Jack Nickelson
wVbgs_zpse17a24b7.png

#5 OFFLINE   MagicMan©

MagicMan©

The Magic is Back!!!!!

• HN Members
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Thats messed up. He is a truly dedicated fan and they want to have him change his nickname. I think they will change there mind on that decision... Well I hope so at least.

******Naughty Bear******

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   MagicMan©

MagicMan©

The Magic is Back!!!!!

• HN Members
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

"We hold all of our fans in the highest esteem and we have been patient and generous with Mr. Bailey. He has not returned our support in an honorable way. He is not actually a fan of the Clippers, but a fan of what he can make off of the Clippers. We are no longer interested in that kind of association with him, and that is why we accepted his offer to remove our team name from his stage name."

******Naughty Bear******

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Tebow Magic

Tebow Magic

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• HN Members
  • 7,195 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

He deserves to be called whatever the heck he wants because he was a fan even when they sucked
  • Ray likes this
wVbgs_zpse17a24b7.png

#8 OFFLINE   iCM

iCM

#3hunna

• HN Members
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

damn

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 OFFLINE   DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• HN Members
  • 30,047 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

I found out the reality to this, so It's not all bad.

kD5qDbu.jpg

Kevin Johnson #7 - John Starks #3 - Cedric Ceballos #23 - Buck Williams #52 - Rick Mahorn #44

#10 OFFLINE   Savage™

Savage™

http://mastakushhoe.tumblr.com/

• HN Members
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

Its not a big deal they just want him to stop selling merchandise with their logo on it... i think

GhwRkYX.gif?1

"I thought school was wack, being cool was wack/And niggas thought I was cool, how cool is that?"

#11 OFFLINE   DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• HN Members
  • 30,047 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Its not a big deal they just want him to stop selling merchandise with their logo on it... i think

Bingo, we have a winner. he was doing it for personal commercial gain.

kD5qDbu.jpg

Kevin Johnson #7 - John Starks #3 - Cedric Ceballos #23 - Buck Williams #52 - Rick Mahorn #44

#12 OFFLINE   Chief Shaqaho

Chief Shaqaho

HN's Rodney Dangerfield

• HN Members
  • 7,453 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

:lol:

1_medium.gif2_medium.gif

#13 ONLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

fkn goin to war brehs

• 14,628 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

those bastards!

so do we still get to use the "clipper darrel" intro to hoops nation?

Dv1G7Sw.png

2014 NBA PLAYOFFS 

#14 OFFLINE   Chief Shaqaho

Chief Shaqaho

HN's Rodney Dangerfield

• HN Members
  • 7,453 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

Why Not Make Him Like An Honorary Mascot Or Something?

Their FANBASE Loves Him..THEIR PLAYERS LOVE HIM...People Of OTHER FANBASES LOVE HIM....

They Didn't Say THEY ONLY Want Him To Stop Selling Merchandise With Their Name & Logo...They Said They Wanted Him To Pretty Much Change His Whole Life Since His House/Car/Clothes & Damn Near Everything About Him Is Clippers...

So They Could Put Up With That Shit WHEN THEY WERE ABSOLUTE LOSERS But Now That They Have A Winning Season & Are Considered Contenders, He's A Problem? HAHAHA

The Clippers Just Being Bitches About It...He Was There When They Were Nothing So They Can't Say He Just Hopped On The Bandwagon & Tried To Reap Success Off Them WHEN THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A SOLID FANBASE TILL THIS YEAR...What Bout The Other 10-11 Years He Was There?

If He Wanted COMMERCIAL SUCCESS, I'm Pretty Sure He Would've Been LAKER Darrell...

So For The Management To Say Such A Thing & Then Portray The Guy As Some Villain Just Looking To Capitalize On Them Is Absolute BS...

If He Isn't A REAL FAN Then I Really Don't Know WTF Is...Haha
  • Frosty likes this

1_medium.gif2_medium.gif

#15 OFFLINE   Poohdini

Poohdini

Air Gordon

• HN Members
  • 9,406 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

the thing is...why now?
  • Chief Shaqaho likes this

iU9lTC9rSX9lC.gif

#16 OFFLINE   Ray

Ray

Killa Kyleon

• HN Members
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

:turrible:
iN9AgBS017sVm.gif

#17 OFFLINE   masterpiece

masterpiece

Most Valuable Member

• HN Members
  • 6,940 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

bounch of ungratefull [homophobic slur]s

Posted Image

Posted Image

H-N Mixx-Team founder
My channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/lfmike

#18 OFFLINE   Dr. Wolf

Dr. Wolf

World Famous in Minnesota

• HN Members
  • 18,608 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

the thing is...why now?

Because now people are actually interested in the Clippers so they don't want him affecting their profit-margin, no matter how small, lol

Co-Commish of the GSL, former Timberwolves GM: 10.5 Seasons (659-210) 3 Championships

#19 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• HN Members
  • 33,849 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

OUCH sucks for our intro.

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#20 OFFLINE   Mirrors

Mirrors

BACK TO BACK

• HN Members
  • 12,725 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Of all the organizations in professional sports, the Los Angeles Clippers should know better than to test fate, to mess with karma and to upset the balance of the basketball world.
They know better than anyone what life is like on the wrong side of good fortune. That’s why their decision to apparently ban the one and only Clipper Darrell from using the first name of his moniker stinks.
Clipper Darrell (sorry folks, but we can call him whatever we want around here) revealed on his blog today that he was “DEVASTATED!!!” when he was told by Clippers’ management to stop using the nickname:

It is with great sadness that I must report to all those in NBA NATION that I have been told by Clipper management they no longer want me to be Clipper Darrell, a name that was given to me by the media because of my unwavering support and team spirit. I am devastated!!!!
I have been a season ticket holder for over a decade and a FAN for over 15 years and have dedicated a major part of my life to support the Clipper organization and it’s players no matter what the season’s outcome. Over the years (400 home games) I have gone to great lengths to show my appreciation and loyalty in my attire, the car I drive and in my very own home.
I’ve taken seriously the mantra of being “Clipper Darrell” in performing community service, mentoring young children and my participation in outreach programs. I’ve appreciated the struggles of the team to overcome obstacles as I’ve done in my life. I felt vindicated for all the years we as Clipper fans have gone through trials and tribulations and NOW we have a team that can win it all.
Yesterday was the hardest day of my life, I felt powerless as a fan, as I was stripped of my identity however, no one can take away my heart and the love I have for my team!

I don’t care what their reasoning might be, “Clippers’ management” is just flat wrong on this one. Clipper Darrell has been the one constant for the organization throughout the doldrums of the past decade and a half.
As much as it for is for Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the rest of the current Clippers, this should be his time. This is the season, the team and potentially the era he’s been living for. To have his identity snatched away like this … it’s just wrong!
The Clippers need to do right by Clipper Darrell and allow him enjoy this season and this team in peace.
Paul, Griffin and Clippers’ center DeAndre Jordan have already expressed their support (via Twitter) for the league’s most popular superfan. You can expect the rest of the basketball world to stand up do the same before this is all over, Clippers’ management …
… released a statement insisting they have done nothing wrong in regards to the man also known as Darrell Bailey, calling his claims “absurd and unfounded.”
The statement, courtesy of the Orange County Register:

“The Clippers have done absolutely nothing wrong or inappropriate as it concerns Darrell Bailey. His claims are absurd and unfounded. He has never been an employee or representative of the Clippers organization, and therefore cannot be terminated. The Clippers have never engaged Mr. Bailey’s services. When he has been in need, the organization has regularly provided him a seat for games. No good deed goes unpunished.
We have had multiple conversations with him concerning his inappropriate use of the Clippers’ team name and trademark for his own unmonitored commercial gain. We have spoken to him repeatedly about his desire to make public appearances in ways which improperly suggest that he is officially affiliated with our organization. In all cases and over a long period of time, he has consistently rejected our efforts to operate in consultation.
In a conversation with an authoritative and tenured Clippers’ executive last week, he was asked again to either consult with the team on all public appearances and/or commercial ventures, or stop undertaking those opportunities representing himself inappropriately. His response was an offer to stop representing himself commercially in that way and his offer was accepted in principle.
The next thing we heard was the baseless claims he has made today and the ensuing media rush to judgment.
We hold all of our fans in the highest esteem and we have been patient and generous with Mr. Bailey. He has not returned our support in an honorable way. He is not actually a fan of the Clippers, but a fan of what he can make off of the Clippers. We are no longer interested in that kind of association with him, and that is why we accepted his offer to remove our team name from his stage name.”

We’re going to respectfully disagree with the Clippers on this one, because they had no problem with Clipper Darrell doing his thing when they were at the bottom of the Western Conference standings on a regular basis. Now that they’re near the top, they don’t want him to do his thing?
Again, it’s just wrong!

tumblr_mnupigq6Rv1r98qz6o1_500.gif

My YouTube Channel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users