2012 - 2013 Off-Season Tracker
Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:43 PM
Cardinals release Rex Hadnot.
Chargers sign veteran lineman Rex Hadnot to one-year contract
Colts claim former Jaguars RB Deji Karim off of waivers today.
The Jaguars waived DL David Howard after being with the for only a few weeks.
Jets re-signed WR DaMarcus Ganaway.
Patriots agreed to terms with DT Gerard Warren.
Rams waived RB Quinn Porter, DB Nate Ness, DT John Henderson, TE DeMarco Cosby, and CB Chris Smith.
The Washington Redskins signed former Giants LB Jonathan Goff.
Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:28 PM
Bengals sign undrafted Notre Dame center-guard Trevor Robinson. (Aaron Wilson)
Eagles claim OT Thomas Welch off waivers from the Rams. (Eagles Insider)
Redskins signed seventh-round DB Jordan Bernstine to a four-year contract.
Redskins signed seventh-round CB Richard Crawford to a four-year contract.
Redskins cut rookie free agent RB Michael Shaw. (Aaron Wilson)
Seahawks waive LB Tressor Baptiste, DB Jesse Hoffman, and DL John Graves.
Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:47 PM
Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:04 PM
Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:48 PM
Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:47 PM
ESPN.com‘s John Clayton mentions that the Buccaneers starting running back job is Doug Martin‘s to lose.
“I think it’s gonna be Doug Martin‘s job to lose,” said Clayton. “… I think in the end, Martin’s gonna win that starting job, and he’s probably gonna win it pretty convincingly.”
ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reports that the Buffalo Bills have signed QB Vince Young to a one-year deal worth $2 million and includes an extra $1 million in bonuses.
Darren Urban of AzCardinals.com reports that the Cardinals have reached an agreement with DE Calais Campbell on a five-year deal worth $55 million contract.
Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that the Denver Broncos have agreed to terms with former Bills CB Drayton Florence.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have announced that DE Da’Quan Bowers has suffered a torn Achilles tendon while participating in the team’s offseason program.
Jeff Zrebiec reports that the Baltimore Ravens have reached an agreement with No. 35 overall pick DE/OLBCourtney Upshaw on a four-year contract.
The Buffalo Bills recently re-signed RB Fred Jackson to a two-year contract extension. Brian McIntyre of Mac’s Football Blog reports that Jackson was only guaranteed a $3 million signing bonus.
According to Mac’s Football Blog, Baltimore Ravens G Marshal Yanda has restructured his contract which will give the team some much needed cap space to work with.
John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports that the Texans have signed former Washington Redskins QBJohn Beck.
Aaron Wilson reports that the Baltimore Ravens have re-signed SS Bernard Pollard to a three-year contract extension.
Aaron Wilson reports that the Baltimore Ravens have signed WR/KR Jacoby Jones to a two-year deal worth $7 million.
Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:58 PM
- 49ers sign OLB Eric Bakhtiari and DB Ben Hannuka and waived OT Kevin Murphy and WR John Matthews. (Matt Maiocco)
- Bears waive G/T Levi Horn, C Reggie Stephens and TE Andre Smith. (Mike Wright)
- Bills waive QB Aaron Corp and S Ian Wild.
- Bills sign FB Dorin Dickerson.
- Broncos sign Kansas LB Steven Johnson. (Denver Post)
- Browns sign former Jaguars LB JoJo Dickson. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Browns waive RB Armond Smith. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Browns DT Phil Taylor will undergo surgery on his torn left pectoral muscle on Wednesday (Nate Ulrich)
- Buccaneers sign fifth-round pick LB Najee Goode to a four-year contract
- Cardinals sign RB Javarris James, K/P Ricky Schmitt, CB Larry Parker, and S Eddie Elder
- Chargers sign third-round pick SS Brandon Taylor to a four-year contract (Kevin Acee)
- Chargers sign QB Taylor Potts. (Michael Gehlken)
- Last year’s fourth-round pick WR Clyde Gates is “no lock to make the roster.” (Palm Beach Post)
- Andy Reid mentioned that TE Brent Celek will see “limited reps” in minicamp. (Jeff McLane)
- Andy Reid mentioned that Kurt Coleman and Nate Allen are currently the favorites to start at safety. (Jeff McLane)
- Eagles expect S Colt Anderson and DT Mike Patterson to be ready for training camp. (Jeff McLane)
- Eagles LB Jamar Chaney will miss the teams’ mandatory June minicamp. (Jeff McLane)
- Eagles DE Maurice Fountain suffered a torn patella tendon at rookie minicamp. (Jeff McLane)
- Giants CB Terrell Thomas says he’s 100 percent healthy. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Giants waive S Chad Jones and sign S Will Hill
- Jaguars sign K Brandon Coutu. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jets sign sixth-round pick RB Terrance Ganaway to a four-year contract. (Manish Mehta)
- Packers are hoping that C Sampson Genus can develop into Jeff Saturday’s successor. (Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel)
- Packers waive OT Chris Campbell.
- FB Owen Schmitt will work out for the Raiders this week (Liz Mathews)
- Raiders waive TE Andre Hardy
- Raiders waive QB Rhett Bomar (Vittorio Tafur)
- Raiders head coach Dennis Allen mentioned that NT Travis Ivey has been a standout player during offseason workouts. (Oakland Tribune)
- Rams sign WR Michael Campbell (Jim Thomas)
- Ravens K Billy Cundiff will have to compete with undrafted rookie Justin Tucker in training camp. (Carroll County Times)
- Redskins waive TE Rob Myers. (Chris Russell)
- Saints sign LB Lawrence Wilson, CB Nick Hixson, G DeOn’tae Pannell, and OT Hutch Eckerson.
- Saints waive CB Josh Victorian, LB Stephen Johnson, G Nick Howell, OT Phil Trautwein, and OT Dan Hoch.
- Seahawks waive DL Adrian Taylor after he failed a physical
- Texans signed a number of rookie draft picks: WR Keshawn Martin, K Randy Bullock, C Ben Jones, T/GNick Mondek, and DE Jared Crick to four-year contracts.
- Safeties Yeremiah Bell and Chris Crocker are visiting with the Titans tomorrow (Jim Wyatt)
- Titans fifth-round pick TE Taylor Thompson’s stood out in rookie minicamp because of his athleticism. (Nashville Tennessean)
- Vikings waive WR Kris Adams (Aaron Wilson)
Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:00 AM
Love this, now we just need to resign Washington and were good :D
Campbell is a beast. I never knew he was 6'8'' until like, last year.
Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:49 PM
- 49ers 5th round pick LB Darius Fleming tore his ACL during his mini-camp (Ian Papoport)
- Bears sign third-round pick S Brandon Hardin to a four-year contract (Brad Biggs)
- Bengals waive G Chris Riley after he failed a physical.
- Buccaenners WR Dezmon Briscoe was not present for the start of OTAs on Tuesday. (Rick Stroud)
- Cardinals sign fourth-round pick OT Bobby Massie to a four-year contract. (Darren Urban)
- Chargers sign DT Garrett Brown and CB Arthur Hobbs. (Aaron Wilson)
- S Yeremiah Bell is scheduled to visit the Chiefs on Wednesday. (Adam Schefter)
- Colts claim TE Andre Smith and waive CB Mike Holmes. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jaguars LB Paul Posluszny was able to participate in the teams’ OTAs today. (Tania Ganguli)
- Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon returned to practice on Tuesday (Vito Stellino)
- Jaguars waive RB Joe Banyard.
- Jets sign sixth-round pick G Robert T. Griffin to a four-year contract (Manish Mehta)
- Jets DT Kenrick Ellis will begin trial for a felony malicious wounding charge on May 22. (ESPN New York)
- Lions placed RB Jerome Harrison on reserve/non-football illness list. (Pro Football Weekly)
- Former Packers DE Johnny Jolly is seeking an early release from his six-year prison term. (KTRK Houston)
- Panthers claim RB Armond Smith off waivers from the Browns.
- Patriots waive QB Mike Hartline. (Shalise Manza Young)
- Raiders LB Rolando McClain was absent from the teams OTAs on Tuesday. (Steve Corkran)
- Raiders C Stefen Wisniewski underwent a surgical procedure on his shoulder during the offseason. (Paul Gutierrez )
- Rams sign LB Mario Haggan and OL Barry Richardson.
- Ravens cut rookie free agents: FB Jamison Berryhill, CB Charles Brown, LB Eltoro Freeman and TE Nick Provo. (Aaron Wilson)
- Ravens sign TE Matt Balasavage, LB Nigel Carr, TE Bruce Figgins, CB Jordan Mabin and QB Chester Stewart (Aaron Wilson)
- Seahawks sign CB Donny Lisowski, OT Andrew Mitchell, OT Alex Barron and TE Cooper Helfet (Curtis Crabtree)
- Seahawks release CB London Durham, LB Adrian Moten, OT Jon Opperud and G/C Brent Osborne. (Curtis Crabtree)
- Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll hinted that fourth-round pick RB Robert Turbin could see time as a third-down RB.(Seahawks.com)
Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:25 AM
- Bengals sign first-round pick CB Dre Kirkpatrick to a four-year, $8.6 million contract.
- Bills sign second-round pick OT Cordy Glenn to a four-year contract.
- Broncos sign fifth-round pick DL Malik Jackson to a four-year contract.
- Bucs sign second-round pick LB Lavonte David to a four-year contract.
- Colts waive G Matt Murphy and claim C Zane Taylor off waivers from the Eagles. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jets sign free agent S Yeremiah Bell to a one-year, $1.4 million contract. (NFLTR)
- Jets S LaRon Landry has yet to participate in the team’s offseason training or meetings. (Jenny Vrentas)
- Free agent TE Dallas Clark visited with the New England Patriots earlier in the week. (Shalise Manza Young)
- Rams claim TE Brody Eldridge on waivers from Colts (Howard Balzer)
- Steelers waive OT Trevis Turner and sign CB Andre Freeman. (Scott Brown)
- Titans sign sixth-round pick S Markelle Martin to a four-year contract.
- Vikings sign former Bears OL Levi Horn. (Brad Biggs)
Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:00 PM
Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:50 PM
- Bengals sign first-round pick G Kevin Zeitler.
- Bengals undrafted rookie LB Brandon Joiner has been sentenced to three years in prison. (Bryan-College Station Eagle)
- The Buccaneers plan is to “de-emphasize the tight end a little bit in the passing game” this season. (Tampa Tribune)
- Fourth-round pick OT Bobby Massie is currently working with the second team but should have an opportunity to compete for the starting job. (AzCardinals.com)
- Chiefs second-round pick OL Jeff Allen is wearing a walking boot during OTAs. (Kansas City Star)
- Dolphins sign fifth-round pick LB Josh Kaddu to a four-year contract.
- Jets RB Shonn Greene “looks like he dropped a few” pounds at OTAs. (Rich Cimini)
- Panthers WR David Gettis is “right on schedule” in his return from ACL surgery. (Charlotte Observer)
- Patriots sign former Colts OL Jamey Richard.
- Steelers are using David Johnson strictly as a fullback. (Beaver County Times)
- Chris Johnson has joined the team for their offseason program this year. (Nashville Tennessean)
Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:03 PM
According to Ralph Vacchiano, the New York Giants have signed head coach Tom Coughlin to a two-year extension that keeps him with the team till the end of the 2014.
- LB Cam Johnson is recovering from a “procedure” on his knee. (Matt Barrows
- WR A.J. Green is the latest Bengal to defend QB Andy Dalton‘s arm strength (Brian McIntyre)
- Bengals DC Mike Zimmer says suspended LB Dontay Moch ”needs to get better at linebacker.” (Joe Reedy)
- Bills DT Kyle Williams (foot surgery) has resumed participating in team drills at full-squad OTAs. (Joe Buscaglia)
- Pat Shurmur says there will be “plenty of reps to go around” for RB Trent Richardson, Montario Hardestyand Brandon Jackson this season. (Nate Ulrich)
- The Akron Beacon-Journal believes QB Colt McCoy could still be traded before the season. (Nate Ulrich)
- The Akron Beacon-Journal calls RB Trent Richardson “a lock” to be the Browns’ “workhorse” back as a rookie. (Nate Ulrich)
- Bucs first-round pick RB Doug Martin has fully recovered from his May hamstring tweak and is participating without restrictions at OTAs (Rick Stroud)
- Cardinals re-signed LB Clark Haggans to a one-year contract (Darren Urban)
- The Cardinals are expected to re-sign free agent DE Vonnie Holliday next week (Kent Somers)
- DB Atari Bigby is working as the Chargers’ first-team strong safety at OTAs. (Scott Bair)
- Chiefs signed Monmouth QB Alex Tanney
- Colts waived/left squad DE Kevin Eagan (Aaron Wilson)
- Colts signed WR Kris Adams, formerly of the Vikings.
- Eagles LB Brian Rolle‘s future might be “as a situational player and special teams ace (Les Bowen)
- German-born seventh-round DL Markus Kuhn can’t participate in Giants OTAs until he obtains a work visa. (Jorge Castillo)
- Jaguars signed fifth-round LB Brandon Marshall to a four-year contract
- Head coach Rex Ryan says he expects LB Aaron Maybin is “just scratching the surface” and can have a “big year for us.” (Brain Costello)
- Lions OC Scott Linehan expects No. 23 pick OT Riley Reiff to “play a lot of football for us really early (Carlos Monarrez)
- Lions DC Gunther Cunningham believes fifth-round LB Tahir Whitehead is “much better than a fifth-round draft pick. (Justin Rogers)
- Lions waived WR Jared Karstetter (Tim Twentyman)
- WR Titus Young has looked “amazing” in Lions OTA practices. (Anwar Richardson
- Suspended Packers DE Mike Neal says his positive test was triggered by the prescription drug Adderall. (Tyler Dunne)
- Free agent RB Kevin Faulk confirms he’ll retire if he isn’t re-signed by the Patriots (Boston Herald)
- Patriots LB Brandon Spikes (knee surgery) “appears like a safe bet” to be ready for camp (Field Yates)
- Redskins sixth-round RB Alfred Morris may have to convert to fullback to make the 53-man roster (Rich Tandler)
- Saints agreed to terms with CB Elbert Mack, formerly of the Bucs, on a one-year contract
- The Saints have invited free agent QB Luke McCown to June minicamp on a tryout basis. (Larry Holder)
- OT Jermon Bushrod underwent a “pretty major” surgery for a torn shoulder labrum just after last season. (Mike Triplett)
- The NFL has found the Seahawks in violation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for allowing live contact during OTAs. (Adam Schefter)
- Head coach Gary Kubiak says the MRI on LB Brian Cushing‘s knee revealed no cause for concern. (Gregg Rosenthal)
- Unsigned franchise player RB Matt Forte said he is “definitely” not seeking to become the NFL’s highest-paid running back. (Michael C Wright)
- Bears DT Henry Melton said he’s been getting a little work at fullback during OTAs. (Fred Mitchell)
- Third-round WR Mohamed Sanu has earned rave reviews from offensive coordinator Jay Gruden (Geoff Hobson)
- RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis and Bernard Scott said they are expecting to be used in a committee this season. (Joe Reedy)
- Head coach Chan Gailey complimented RB C.J. Spiller‘s improved blocking technique. (Chris Brown)
- No. 41 overall pick OG/T Cordy Glenn has taken every first-team rep at left tackle during Bills OTAs. (Chris Brown)
- The Broncos are working on a five-year extension with unsigned franchise player K Matt Prater (Mike Klis)
- Head coach Pat Shurmur confirmed that first-rounder RB Trent Richardson is expected to be the Browns’ starting running back. (Nate Ulrich)
- DL Scott Paxson has been lining up as the Browns’ starting nose tackle next to DL Ahtyba Rubin. (Scott Petrak)
- CB Kevin Thomas and CB Jerraud Powers have been the Colts’ starting corners during spring workouts. (Mike Chappell)
- Dolphins LT Jake Long says “this is the best I’ve felt in a long time.” (Barry Jackson)
- Joe Banner has been replaced by COO Don Smolenski as the Eagles’ team president (Jeff McLane)
- WR Julio Jones has had a “very good camp,” according to coach Mike Smith. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Falcons third-round OT Lamar Holmes (toe) will be held out until the start of training camp (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Patriots waived DE Markell Carter. (Shalise Manza Young)
- Patriots signed TE Bo Scaife. (Jeff Howe)
- WEEI Sports Radio’s Christopher Price reports WR Chad Ochocinco left Gillette Stadium before Thursday’s OTA session and subsequently removed any Patriots affiliation from his Twitter bio (Christopher Price)
- CB Jimmy Smith is expected to compete with CB Cary Williams for the starting corner job opposite CBLardarius Webb. (Aaron Wilson)
- NFL suspended free agent LB Ramon Humber three games for an undisclosed violation of league policy. (Aaron Wilson)
- LB Jason Worilds underwent wrist surgery this offseason. (Mark Kaboly)
- QB Matt Schaub (Lisfranc surgery) is “moving around really well” at OTAs, according to the Houston Chronicle. (Stephanie Stradley)
- After reviewing film following the season, head coach Mike Munchak still couldn’t pinpoint exactly why RBChris Johnson struggled. (Associated Press)
- After initially working in WR Kenny Britt‘s X position, rookie WR Kendall Wright is now learning the Z and F spots in the Titans offense. (Terry McCormick)
- Coach Mike Munchack expects WR Kenny Britt (knee surgeries) to be back to where he was before his most recent procedure by next week. (Terry McCormick)
- Head coach Leslie Frazier said “there’s a very good chance [RB Toby Gerhart] is going to have to really carry the load early on.” (Dan Wiederer)
- NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the league is reviewing Vikings FB Jerome Felton‘s Saturday arrest for DUI (Brian Murphy
- WR Percy Harvin (shoulder surgery) was a no-show for Thursday’s practice after returning to the field on Tuesday (Percy Harvin)
Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:20 AM
- 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick has struggled with his accuracy during the team’s practices. (San Francisco Chronicle)
- Bears WR Dane Sanzenbacher “might face long odds” to make the Bears’ roster this season. (ESPN Chicago)
- Bears WR Earl Bennett “looks poised to be a dangerous weapon” for Chicago this season. (ESPN Chicago)
- Bears release OL Mansfield Wrotto. (Aaron Wilson)
- RB Peyton Hillis has been working with the first-team offense during OTAs. (KCChiefs.com)
- Giants DT Chris Canty said that he’ll be “ready to roll” for the team’s training camp after undergoing knee surgery months ago. (New York Daily News)
- Jets S LaRon Landry mentioned that he’s “shocked” by how quickly he’s been able to recover from his Achilles’ tendon injury. (ESPN New York)
- Jets sign seventh round pick WR Jordan White to a four-year deal worth $2.14 million. (Newark Star-Ledger)
- Lions RB Jahvid Best reportedly “looks great” according to GM Martin Mayhew. (CBS Sports)
- Lions head coach Jim Schwartz said Titus Young has been “outstanding” during practice. (Detroit Free Press)
- Aaron Rodgers specifically mentioned WR Diondre Borel as a standout player during the team’s minicamp. (Green Bay Press-Gazette)
- Panthers head coach Ron Rivera mentioned that Steve Smith and Brandon LaFell would be the teams starting WR’s right now. (Associated Press)
- Rams would like to sign free agent LB Rocky McIntosh “relatively quickly.” (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Rams WR Danario Alexander returned to practice after missing time with a hamstring injury. (STLouisRams.com)
- Robert Griffin III has picked up the Redskins offense much faster than expected, according to Mike Shanahan. (Associated Press)
- Chris Cooley was able to participate in the Redskins OTAs with any issues regarding his previously injured left knee.
- Fourth round pick WR Nick Toon apparently has a good shot at securing the Saints’ No. 4 receiver job. (New Orleans Times-Picayune)
- Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey mentioned that his previously injured left ankle feels “awesome.” (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Texans signed first-round pick OLB Whitney Mercilus to a four-year contract.
- Titans S Michael Griffin has attended all of the team’s voluntary OTAs despite the fact that he’s yet to sign his franchise tender. (Nashville Tennessean)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users