Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long will Randolph accept bench role?

0 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Zach_Randolph_110104645.jpg

Zach Randolph, with 17 points and nine rebounds Wednesday, certainly is contributing, though some wonder about how he fits in the rotation. Questions continue to fly about Randolph's role coming off the bench, and how long the

Grizzlies' big man will accept it. [Lionel Hollins] praised Randolph's production and improved conditioning. Randolph looks stronger and more active with every passing day. ... Hollins said he spoke with Randolph about why playing off the bench helps balance this roster. Hollins likes Randolph paired with O.J. Mayo and Gilbert Arenas for offensive potency and an inside-out presence off the bench. "It's all about winning," Randolph said. "As long as we're winning, that's all that matters."

Nina Barklartey likes this

Posted · Report post

He is recovering from injury not just gonna give him 30+ minutes after returning. But if he does stay on the bench I don't mind cuz that just means he didn't start he will still log 30+ minutes regardless.

Posted · Report post

Collins said he likes it better when Zbo comes off the bench and provides some scoring with that second unit. I agree. When the starters get tired or head to the bench, it makes a huge difference if someone fresh can come in and take over for a while - Zbo is that guy.

Posted · Report post

I really do think Zebo just wants to get back into game shape and help his team win-

I don't think he cares if he comes off of the bench as long as he gets his minutes and can contribute...

This team is gonna be very scary when it comes to the Post Season and Zebo is gonna be a big part of that!!!!!

:dribble:

Posted · Report post

As long as they are winning. Against LA I like him off the bench because Mo Speights is much bigger and has an edge defensively. If they face the spurs it won't matter because DeJuan Blair isn't very big. They have similar physiques.

Posted · Report post

He wants to win... he doesn't care about the stats and this is the right attitude... and it's also good for him anyways. It lets him to fully come back to his old self and his own pace

Posted · Report post

It is showing that having Speights and Gasol in when Griff and Jordan are in the Grizz seem to do better.