Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

OJ Mayo for Most Improved player award?

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think he should after 2 horrendous seasons in Memphis he is finally shining in Dallas. I expect him to average around 25 points a game. When Dirk returns Dallas will be even better. Darren Collison his PG might have a shot at the award too.

If not OJ who do you think will win? IMO Derozan.

Posted · Report post

I think he will. He was my pick for MIP this year

Posted · Report post

I picked Big Baby Davis in another thread and I'd stand by that. He just needs to carry the form he showed in last years playoffs through the whole season. And considering he's pretty much the first option in Orlando that's more than plausible.

OJ's been playing great in Dallas. He really needed that change of scenery.

Posted · Report post

I picked Big Baby Davis in another thread and I'd stand by that. He just needs to carry the form he showed in last years playoffs through the whole season. And considering he's pretty much the first option in Orlando that's more than plausible.

OJ's been playing great in Dallas. He really needed that change of scenery.

As you say, Glen Davis has been very good lately. I got two choices, OJ and Glen Davis. Dont know which one to pick lol :O

Posted · Report post

I think it's gonna be between OJ Mayo and Big Baby

James Harden was already 6th man of the year so everybody knew what he was capable of. Nobody even thought OJ was even gonna be this good. Big Baby also has a chance if he helps the Magic have a solid record.

Posted · Report post

Nah man James harden is gonna win this.

Nah nigga chill, Mayonnaise is gonna take this for sure.

Posted · Report post

I'm glad that Mayo is starting to step up his game after somewhat being off after his rookie year.

My pick for MIP is John Wall. I think he's going to be a beast this season.

Posted · Report post

It could be Taj but even with Asik's departure, Thibs doesn't seem to give him more minutes. Don't know why.

But for the minutes he plays (almost 20) he's a beast.

Posted · Report post

He's doing really good so far, no doubt about it, hope he can shine at last.

Posted · Report post

OJ Mayo is definitely going to be in the running for it. He's not the #1 option in Dallas but right now, with Dirk out, he's definitely showing why he thinks he should be.

Posted · Report post

M'eh on Mayo.

MIP is probably one of the most useless awards. What has he "improved" on? Going to a gutted team? He's still the same player.

No Terry, no Kidd, no Dirk, no Marion... go for it OJ... you're finally the best player on the team.

Posted · Report post

M'eh on Mayo.

MIP is probably one of the most useless awards. What has he "improved" on? Going to a gutted team? He's still the same player.

No Terry, no Kidd, no Dirk, no Marion... go for it OJ... you're finally the best player on the team.

I feel the same about this award, its basically "Player which minutes have increased tge most"

Posted · Report post

OJ hasnt improved. He is the same guy + more minutes ! Most improved player should improve in most categories by much not a 1ppg or 0.5 rpg.. OJ is a great pick for Dalas but still he is the same Memphis OJ Mayo :)

Posted · Report post

OJ hasnt improved. He is the same guy + more minutes ! Most improved player should improve in most categories by much not a 1ppg or 0.5 rpg.. OJ is a great pick for Dalas but still he is the same Memphis OJ Mayo :)

His ppg is up by like 10

Posted · Report post

M'eh on Mayo.

Do you like not like oj mayo or something? I remember there was another thread about mayo and you had nothing but negative things to say about him. He's improved, you've gotta be blind to think otherwise. His jump shot is a lot more consistent and he's shooting over 50%, comparing that to his horrid 42% or whatever it was last season, thats a huge improvement, and considering he's the teams main scorer now that dirk is out that should just tell you what kind of a scorer he is. His first two years screamed superstar, the coaching set his career back.

Posted · Report post

I actually like his other teammate, Darren collision for this award more. Mayo started off really strong in his rookie season but minutes became a problem for him so we knew what he was capable. While collision was good as Paul's backup in New Orleans, he never was GOAT at point guard

Posted · Report post

Well, it's still early, but I do think he will get it. He will finally meet his potential this season. But his points will most likely go down once Dirk comes back.