Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What do you think Chris Paul would have to do to win MVP this season?

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Personally, I think he would need to have the Clippers win 55+ games and win their division.

What do you all think?

Posted · Report post

Clippers would have to be the #1 seed in the west and have a better record than the Heat.

Posted · Report post

Get the Clippers a Top 2 seed, win 55+ games, and average 20/13/5. Yes, I'm serious. LeBron will be hard to beat in the race.

Posted · Report post

I say clippers have to get a top 2 seed. Cp3 will have to average at least 20 points, 12 assists, 2.5 steals. He'll probably have to get more tho to win it

Posted · Report post

I say clippers have to get a top 2 seed. Cp3 will have to average at least 20 points, 12 assists, 2.5 steals. He'll probably have to get more tho to win it

Yup I would also say that

Posted · Report post

Probably around, or at least close to his peak numbers. So 22/5/11.

If the Clippers somehow do extremely well(better than the Heat) and he averages a more modest 19/4/10 he could still have a chance. Albeit a very small one.

Posted · Report post

The Clippers would have to be the #1 seed in the West, which is a very realistic goal considering they just beat the Spurs plus OKC & LAL have looked suspect.

Chris Paul won't average over 19ppg this year, he no longer needs to take over games with his scoring as frequently as he had to do last year.

Posted · Report post

If the Clippers are a number 1 seed and he has a good year, he'll be in the hunt. Its always a possibility because of the way they vote. The voters may have "LeBron fatigue" and give it to someone else.

Posted · Report post

Clips must be #1 in their division, have a higher seed than OKC and he probably needs to average around 19/11

Posted · Report post

20/10 with 45%, 35%, 80% AT THE MINIMUM.

Clippers gotta be top 3 or above in the West, top 5 in the league.

Posted · Report post

He would have to be the best player in the NBA

best player =/= most valuable

Posted · Report post

Keep doing what he's doing and have the Clippers up top

Posted · Report post

best player =/= most valuable

Not true. D Rose is probably the most valuable player to any team. You saw what happened when he got injured. LeBron was the best player, and as a result, won the MVP.

Posted · Report post

Win the west and make sure their record is better than the Heat.

Posted · Report post

Not true. D Rose is probably the most valuable player to any team. You saw what happened when he got injured. LeBron was the best player, and as a result, won the MVP.

Did you think Steve Nash was better than Kobe Bryant when he won 2 years in a row?

What about Karl Malone when he won MVP over Michael Jordan? Karl Malone>Michael Jordan now?

Posted · Report post

Did you think Steve Nash was better than Kobe Bryant when he won 2 years in a row?

What about Karl Malone when he won MVP over Michael Jordan? Karl Malone>Michael Jordan now?

In 2004/05 season, Nash-led Suns finished with the best record in the NBA while Kobe-led Lakers ended up 11th in the West and of course they missed the PS.

In 2005/06 season, Nash-led Suns finished with the second best record in the West (and 3rd overall) and the Kobe-led Lakers ended up 7th in the West.

Tell me why should Kobe win it over Nash?! Record is a big factor when it comes to handing the MVP's. Nash led those Suns teams to the top averaging double double in crazy efficiency.

It's another thing who's the best player and it's another thing who wins the MVP. Teammates are a big part of it. The majority of Kobe's teammates in those seasons were scrubs and that's why the Lakers were terrible.

Nash deserved his MVPs but even if he didn't (I think he did), Kobe didn't deserved them 100% anyway.

Posted · Report post

LeBron is so hard to beat... Clippers should be 1st seed and Paul averaging 25 Pts, 12 Assists, 4 Rebounds and 3 steals

Posted · Report post

In 2004/05 season, Nash-led Suns finished with the best record in the NBA while Kobe-led Lakers ended up 11th in the West and of course they missed the PS.

In 2005/06 season, Nash-led Suns finished with the second best record in the West (and 3rd overall) and the Kobe-led Lakers ended up 7th in the West.

Tell me why should Kobe win it over Nash?! Record is a big factor when it comes to handing the MVP's. Nash led those Suns teams to the top averaging double double in crazy efficiency.

It's another thing who's the best player and it's another thing who wins the MVP. Teammates are a big part of it. The majority of Kobe's teammates in those seasons were scrubs and that's why the Lakers were terrible.

Nash deserved his MVPs but even if he didn't (I think he did), Kobe didn't deserved them 100%.

I didn't say Kobe was more valuable, I was saying Kobe was a better player. Which is true, Kobe Bryant is a better basketball player than Steve Nash, and he was a better player in 2004-2006, that should be obvious.

There is a difference between value and talent, that was the point I was trying to make.

Posted · Report post

I didn't say Kobe was more valuable, I was saying Kobe was a better player. Which is true, Kobe Bryant is a better basketball player than Steve Nash, and he was a better player in 2004-2006, that should be obvious.

There is a difference between value and talent, that was the point I was trying to make.

You brought up the MVPs like the MVP should always go to the best player that in some cases it might be a subjective option.

Back then you could argue that Duncan or KG, for example, were better than Kobe. It's not like today that LeBron is the best objectively.

Anyway, the MVP has nothing to do with who the best player in the league is.