Photo

Would you say that Lebron is BY FAR the best player in the league and nobody is comparable to him right now?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nashty

Nashty

Suit up!

• Members
  • 7,890 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:52 PM

Like he is in a league of himself. If there is someone, who would you say is the closest to Lebron.

tumblr_n7ira8QOVU1sg1p4qo1_500.gif

tumblr_nbghjboTpN1trsario1_400.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Nabster

Nabster

d rs pls

• Members
  • 8,853 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

I wouldn't say that.

derrick_rose_signature_by_sidthekid871-d

#3 OFFLINE   aznkid

aznkid

Genius

• Members
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

right now, he's the best player, but i wouldn't say by far. right now, there are several players that aren't too close, but not that far either. kevin durant is one of them, and probably will have a career year this so i'd pick him as the closest to lebron.

azn: wow TGIA, u should become president and create the Allahcaust                                                                          6:46 PM

TBH IJS JMO

#4 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,977 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Yep. BY FAR.

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#5 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Pretty much.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Kenny

Kenny

rap music lold irl

• Members
  • 11,662 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

He's just really that good, no one can compare with him.

tumblr_mcdq1g9Wfc1r81wtbo1_500.gif

#7 OFFLINE   The Real G

The Real G

Shake and Bake

• Members
  • 7,573 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Yes, 6 games in, he was 1 statistical unity away of a triple double in 3 and he is a top 5 scorer. He is just good at everything

2mxzF90.png?1?4543

#8 OFFLINE   ban me pheggets

ban me pheggets

Spit It Raw

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

By far the most dominant player in the league. No one even comes close.

Free DeLaGhetto

#9 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

I wouldn't say by far, some other amazing players right now out there close to his level (few though), but he's clear cut the best, no question about it.

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#10 OFFLINE   Pusha Key

Pusha Key

• Members
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yepper
hey.

#11 OFFLINE   Antetokounmpo

Antetokounmpo

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

hey michael > oscar

#12 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 26,515 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Leaning on to say probably, even though right now statistically he doesn't look as good as from other years.

bGmrLYl.gif

#13 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch

Bleed Green

• Members
  • 13,906 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

No way. KD can definitely have a good case for best player. I'm not saying KD is better, but he isn't far behind. His defense and passing really improved this year, which I think gives him a better case. Lebron is still the better player, but not by far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Dante

Dante

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

In a league by himself, yeah basically.

Still wouldn't say by THAT FAR. But yes he's the best.

Freddie-Gibbs-Madlib.jpg?resize=500%2C29

#15 OFFLINE   trs72

trs72

Superstar

• Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Like he is in a league of himself. If there is someone, who would you say is the closest to Lebron.

I'd say he is by far he is in a league of his own when you consider the most complete all around player. Whether it be scoring, defense,passing, rebounding, he can do it all. I know people like to talk about comparisons and want to compare him to MJ, or a MJ, Magic combo, but who he compare most to is Oscar Robertson. Oscar Robertson is the best all around player ever and probably who LBJ compares to the most. IMO the Big O gets overlooked a lot because everyone wants to go by rings and scoring, so MJ is the 1 who gets all the attention. When I think of greatness I think of what all a player brings to the table in all phases of the game, so I have always said that a case can be made that Oscar Robertson is the GOAT. Really I think every generation has had great players that were the best of their time whether it be overall or at their position, and there is really know way really to say 1 player is the GOAT even thou we all like to talk about it.

I do think we are witnessing one of the most specially gifted basketball players that has ever played the game and its not just in the last couple years either. LBJ did a hell of a lot when he was a Cav so I dont think he is that much better than he was before, he just has better players around him now. Of course his game has improved as all good to great players evolve as they work on their game and mature. But people tend to forget he was dominating with a very poor supporting cast in Cleveland and now act like he has turned into this great player all of a sudden. I dont think there has been another guy in the league besides MJ that could have won with what Lebron had to work with in Cleveland that i have seen in my lifetime. Even thou he never won a ring as a Cav he did take them to the finals which was a pretty amazing feat.
When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my ass- Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball- Pete Rose

#16 OFFLINE   Flash D3

Flash D3

Gimme 50 million or ima quit

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

yeah if I listen to ESPN all day instead of watching a lot of the other players actually play
  • Carolina Panthers likes this

Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   Wolves United

Wolves United

Bounce Bros

• Members
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

No. IMO LeBron is clearly the best player in the leave due to his overall game and natural athletic abilities, but to say he's by far better than everyone is a bit of an overstatement
Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   PaulTrillsap

PaulTrillsap

Most Influential Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Pretty much. Saying player a is better than lebron is unrealistic and just straight up delusional as of right now

No way. KD can definitely have a good case for best player. I'm not saying KD is better, but he isn't far behind. His defense and passing really improved this year, which I think gives him a better case. Lebron is still the better player, but not by far.

the same KD thats averaging over 5 turnovers a game and shooting under 50%? I agree that his all around game has vastly improved but its been inconsistent. He'll have a 10+ rebound game one game and a 6 rebound game the other.
  • Wolves United likes this

I'm LeBron Jamesufdup.png you a fukking rookie pacspit.gif

#19 OFFLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 17,913 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

Yeah he's without a doubt the best player in the league. He has pretty much no flaws. While there is Durant as a play maker/defender and Howard as a free throw shooter.

#20 OFFLINE   Wolves United

Wolves United

Bounce Bros

• Members
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Yeah he's without a doubt the best player in the league. He has pretty much no flaws. While there is Durant as a play maker/defender and Howard as a free throw shooter.

I agree he's best player but to say he's in a league by himself to me is an overstatement. Cam Newton said it best, when he said "we all play in the nfl (in this case nba)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users