Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Would you say that Lebron is BY FAR the best player in the league and nobody is comparable to him right now?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Like he is in a league of himself. If there is someone, who would you say is the closest to Lebron.

Posted

right now, he's the best player, but i wouldn't say by far. right now, there are several players that aren't too close, but not that far either. kevin durant is one of them, and probably will have a career year this so i'd pick him as the closest to lebron.

Posted

Yep. BY FAR.

Posted

He's just really that good, no one can compare with him.

Posted

Yes, 6 games in, he was 1 statistical unity away of a triple double in 3 and he is a top 5 scorer. He is just good at everything

Posted

By far the most dominant player in the league. No one even comes close.

Posted

I wouldn't say by far, some other amazing players right now out there close to his level (few though), but he's clear cut the best, no question about it.

Posted

Leaning on to say probably, even though right now statistically he doesn't look as good as from other years.

Posted

No way. KD can definitely have a good case for best player. I'm not saying KD is better, but he isn't far behind. His defense and passing really improved this year, which I think gives him a better case. Lebron is still the better player, but not by far.

Posted

In a league by himself, yeah basically.

Still wouldn't say by THAT FAR. But yes he's the best.

Posted

Like he is in a league of himself. If there is someone, who would you say is the closest to Lebron.

I'd say he is by far he is in a league of his own when you consider the most complete all around player. Whether it be scoring, defense,passing, rebounding, he can do it all. I know people like to talk about comparisons and want to compare him to MJ, or a MJ, Magic combo, but who he compare most to is Oscar Robertson. Oscar Robertson is the best all around player ever and probably who LBJ compares to the most. IMO the Big O gets overlooked a lot because everyone wants to go by rings and scoring, so MJ is the 1 who gets all the attention. When I think of greatness I think of what all a player brings to the table in all phases of the game, so I have always said that a case can be made that Oscar Robertson is the GOAT. Really I think every generation has had great players that were the best of their time whether it be overall or at their position, and there is really know way really to say 1 player is the GOAT even thou we all like to talk about it.

I do think we are witnessing one of the most specially gifted basketball players that has ever played the game and its not just in the last couple years either. LBJ did a hell of a lot when he was a Cav so I dont think he is that much better than he was before, he just has better players around him now. Of course his game has improved as all good to great players evolve as they work on their game and mature. But people tend to forget he was dominating with a very poor supporting cast in Cleveland and now act like he has turned into this great player all of a sudden. I dont think there has been another guy in the league besides MJ that could have won with what Lebron had to work with in Cleveland that i have seen in my lifetime. Even thou he never won a ring as a Cav he did take them to the finals which was a pretty amazing feat.

Posted

yeah if I listen to ESPN all day instead of watching a lot of the other players actually play

Carolina Panthers likes this

Posted

No. IMO LeBron is clearly the best player in the leave due to his overall game and natural athletic abilities, but to say he's by far better than everyone is a bit of an overstatement

Posted

Pretty much. Saying player a is better than lebron is unrealistic and just straight up delusional as of right now

No way. KD can definitely have a good case for best player. I'm not saying KD is better, but he isn't far behind. His defense and passing really improved this year, which I think gives him a better case. Lebron is still the better player, but not by far.

the same KD thats averaging over 5 turnovers a game and shooting under 50%? I agree that his all around game has vastly improved but its been inconsistent. He'll have a 10+ rebound game one game and a 6 rebound game the other.
Wolves United likes this

Posted

Yeah he's without a doubt the best player in the league. He has pretty much no flaws. While there is Durant as a play maker/defender and Howard as a free throw shooter.

Posted

Yeah he's without a doubt the best player in the league. He has pretty much no flaws. While there is Durant as a play maker/defender and Howard as a free throw shooter.

I agree he's best player but to say he's in a league by himself to me is an overstatement. Cam Newton said it best, when he said "we all play in the nfl (in this case nba)

Posted

Pretty much. Saying player a is better than lebron is unrealistic and just straight up delusional as of right now

the same KD thats averaging over 5 turnovers a game and shooting under 50%? I agree that his all around game has vastly improved but its been inconsistent. He'll have a 10+ rebound game one game and a 6 rebound game the other.

Early in the season bro. Don't expect those turnover numbers to web that big all season. And, starting the season, he just needs to get in a groove.

Posted

He is the best player, but not by far.

Posted

He's clearly the best player in the league.

Durant is close but not quite there yet.

Posted

yes lebron is by far the best player

cp3 is by far the best pg

kobe and wade are by far the best sgs

dwight is by far the best c