• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch

Bleed Green

• HN Journalists
  • 13,905 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Where would you rank Ibaka amount the best power forwards.

I say around 10

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,040 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

10-15

#3 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

Golden Boy

• Members
  • 25,569 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Not top 10 I dont think, hes pretty one dimensional and honestly is overrated defensively, average rebounder, hes a great shotblocker but thats about it.

Blake
Pau
Dirk
Duncan
Love
LMA
KG
Bosh
Amare
Smith

are all clearly better at this point IMO, and then theres guys like Randolph, Millsap, Scola that are at his level or better.

#4 OFFLINE   Kleeps

Kleeps

Intern

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

8-10. He's a DPOY candidate nowadays, has developed a mid-range jumpshot (Ask any Thunder fan), and is a pretty good rebounder.

lebron-james-photobomb-o.gif

#5 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 24,088 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

I can say I'm very impressed with Ibaka's growth on the offesnsive end. He even shoots 3s! His mid-range game is en route to becoming automatic. He still needs to develop his post game but he's already becoming an all-around player.

That being said, I don't think he's top 10, yet.

You can't put a role player in any such top 10. He needs to prove himself as a #1 option or at least #2. Being a role player is day and night with being a leader.
  • EnjoyNBA™ likes this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#6 ONLINE   Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Bateman

• Members
  • 10,950 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

A top 15 PF...he gets overrated for his defense.

patrick-bateman-card_zpseb5cad13.png

New card, What do think?

#7 OFFLINE   Truth34

Truth34

Red Sox

• Members
  • 17,665 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Top 15 IMO

roindotip.gifrondop2.gif

#8 OFFLINE   I'm Awesome

I'm Awesome

Greatest Poster of All-time

• Members
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

I can say I'm very impressed with Ibaka's growth on the offesnsive end. He even shoots 3s! His mid-range game is en route to becoming automatic. He still needs to develop his post game but he's already becoming an all-around player.

That being said, I don't think he's top 10, yet.

You can't put a role player in any such top 10. He needs to prove himself as a #1 option or at least #2. Being a role player is day and night with being a leader.

Sorry I can't understand :3

#9 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 24,088 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

Sorry I can't understand :3

You can't understand what's the difference?

If you're the leader you get much more attention from the opposing teams therefore you gotta try harder for everything on the court. Just to explain it in few words.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   I'm Awesome

I'm Awesome

Greatest Poster of All-time

• Members
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

You can't understand what's the difference?

If you're the leader you get much more attention from the opposing teams therefore you gotta try harder for everything on the court. Just to explain it in few words.

the metaphor

#11 OFFLINE   Antetokounmpo

Antetokounmpo

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

he is in the same category as Griffin, Love, and Davis

#12 OFFLINE   ban me pheggets

ban me pheggets

Spit It Raw

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Top 15

He'll be ranked higher after he developes better offense though.

Free DeLaGhetto

#13 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

Golden Boy

• Members
  • 25,569 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

he is in the same category as Griffin, Love, and Davis

Davis, eh maybe. but the other 2? No

Ibaka doesn't have half the offensive game Griffin or Love have, and Ibaka isn't that great of a rebounder either, theres no way hes in there category yet.

#14 OFFLINE   EnjoyNBA™

EnjoyNBA™

Great to be back

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

the metaphor

Different as black and white/ day and night/chalk and cheese... now you get it ?

Ibaka doesn't have half the offensive game Griffin or Love have, and Ibaka isn't that great of a rebounder either, theres no way hes in there category yet.

Ok I agree about Love but Griff doesnt have the J still.... Ibaka does .. Is griff better at dunks yea but they both dunk and run the floor.... Ibaka blocks and steals griffin dunks and roars.... I will get Ibaka as my PF over Griff :)
  • Antetokounmpo likes this
Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   Antetokounmpo

Antetokounmpo

• Members
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Ibaka is a better defender than Love and Griffin, the best shot blocker in the league and has a better jump shot than them
Anthony and Ibaka are both better than Griffin and Love.

#16 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

Golden Boy

• Members
  • 25,569 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Different as black and white/ day and night/chalk and cheese... now you get it ?

Ok I agree about Love but Griff doesnt have the J still.... Ibaka does .. Is griff better at dunks yea but they both dunk and run the floor.... Ibaka blocks and steals griffin dunks and roars.... I will get Ibaka as my PF over Griff :)

Still, Blake is significantly ahead of Serge offensively, I dont even think it really matters how you get the ball in the hoop as long as you do it often and efficiently, which Blake absolutely does. Blakes post moves still need work obviously, but he isn't incompetent there, he can drive to the rim pretty effectively.

Not to mention Blake is one of the better passers at his position. 4 assists this season and is averaging 3.4 for his career, compared to someone like Ibaka who can only muster .3 assists, and thats with the best scorer on the team playing with him. Blake does get overhyped but hes not overrated, if anything hes underrated by people who only watch his highlights.

#17 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

Golden Boy

• Members
  • 25,569 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

Ibaka is a better defender than Love and Griffin, the best shot blocker in the league and has a better jump shot than them
Anthony and Ibaka are both better than Griffin and Love.

Ibaka is a better defender than they are, but hes overrated in that regard, hes a jumpy defender which costs him a lot.

Better jumpshot than Love? Kidding me? Love scores a good amount of his points on the perimeter, Ibaka has only developed his shot this season, which we have only seen a small sample of. I really can't see how either of those guys are better than Griff/Love, where do you rank someone like KG then? I assume he would be number 1 if you value defense that much.

#18 OFFLINE   EnjoyNBA™

EnjoyNBA™

Great to be back

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Still, Blake is significantly ahead of Serge offensively, I dont even think it really matters how you get the ball in the hoop as long as you do it often and efficiently, which Blake absolutely does. Blakes post moves still need work obviously, but he isn't incompetent there, he can drive to the rim pretty effectively.

Not to mention Blake is one of the better passers at his position. 4 assists this season and is averaging 3.4 for his career, compared to someone like Ibaka who can only muster .3 assists, and thats with the best scorer on the team playing with him. Blake does get overhyped but hes not overrated, if anything hes underrated by people who only watch his highlights.

Ok how is driving alley-ooping and somewhat post game better than all those + jumpshot... Then you cannot involve asists.... Thunder played/play/will play ISO ball and fast break but mainly ISO.. ISO is the hardest play style to get assists (only way if you are the ISO guy but they have KD Brook and Martin now)...

Ibaka is a better defender than they are, but hes overrated in that regard, hes a jumpy defender which costs him a lot.

Better jumpshot than Love? Kidding me? Love scores a good amount of his points on the perimeter, Ibaka has only developed his shot this season, which we have only seen a small sample of. I really can't see how either of those guys are better than Griff/Love, where do you rank someone like KG then? I assume he would be number 1 if you value defense that much.

I think KG is past his defensive prime and Ibaka cant be overrated defender.......... he is shot blocker lane stealer and one of the best bigman per D
Posted Image

#19 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

Golden Boy

• Members
  • 25,569 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

Ok how is driving alley-ooping and somewhat post game better than all those + jumpshot... Then you cannot involve asists.... Thunder played/play/will play ISO ball and fast break but mainly ISO.. ISO is the hardest play style to get assists (only way if you are the ISO guy but they have KD Brook and Martin now)...

Griffin is averaging over double the points Ibaka gets in his career, IMO you can't even compare the two offensively, you can argue Ibaka will lose points/touches due to Durant or Westbrook, but having that deadly of a scoring game should open things up a bit for Serge, but still, he can't average double digits in a season besides these few games, which will undoubtedly go down, KD is averaging a new career high in assists which will only help him.

I think KG is past his defensive prime and Ibaka cant be overrated defender.......... he is shot blocker lane stealer and one of the best bigman per D

He can be overrated, he jumps A LOT to block shots, so pump fakes kill him. Never said he wasn't a good defender, but Ill take KG even now defensively over him.
  • EnjoyNBA™ likes this

#20 OFFLINE   Antetokounmpo

Antetokounmpo

• Members
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Well i'm basing my rankings on strictly value. KG, Dirk, and Duncan are not in their prime though they still play very well but all in all they are retiring soon therefore Serge is more valuable in that respect. & If you were to ask me who I would want on my team and we assume Ibaka's shot attempts are leveled with guys like Love, Griffin, or even KG then I want Ibaka on my team and Davis would be the only one I would rank higher than him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users