Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's Holding You Back From Being Great Right Now?

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Court vision.

It's my problem since Freshman Year.

Posted · Report post

Despite having some off hand issues, what I think holds me the most, is strength. I get outmuscled a lot by opposition. That's why by the end of the week I'm going to start a regular excerise routine ,hoping things will improve somewhat.

Posted · Report post

I have a couple of things. My height - I'm the smallest guy on the court pretty much all the time. If I were to grow a little bit then I'd get more playing time. Confidence - I feel like I'd be a better player and I think my coach also thinks so but he thinks that I could be more confident on offense. Normally I just take a couple of dribbles and swing it back to the other side. I'd be a better player if I'd look for my shot more often. Strength - I normally play at the shooting guard or the small forward spot despite my height. My strength isn't a problem at all if the guy I'm guarding is just standing on the perimeter. If he's doing that I can shut him down no problem. But if he's posting me up, I sometimes have a more difficult time defending him in the post than I do at the perimeter.  

Posted · Report post

Dribbling and not being strong enough for my size.