Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can we be a contender this season?

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think we can be. I mean take a look at the situation.

If Rose comes back in the last 15 games of the season and is the same old Derrick Rose, and we finish 4th or 3rd in the East then I don't see why not. Maybe we can get back to the ECF this year if all goes well. And if we have a beast series then we might be able to actually beat the Heat...

Posted · Report post

No, I don't really think so.

Rose will need a big period of adjusting after so many months being out while he'll have to build chemistry with his new teammates. There are many teams that we'll be able to beat but I don't think we can actually contend this season. You never know though.

Inb4usersstartjustdishingthebullsandlolinginsteadofgivingaproperanswer

Posted · Report post

No, I don't really think so.

Rose will need a big period of adjusting after so many months being out while he'll have to build chemistry with his new teammates. There are many teams that we'll be able to beat but I don't think we can actually contend this season. You never know though.

Inb4usersstartjustdishingthebullsandlolinginsteadofgivingaproperanswer

I agree. But if by somehow Rose fits in well then maybe...

Posted · Report post

No. They need rose more then ever. They lost a lot of there bench players, asik,brewer,korver.

Posted · Report post

Bulls will not contend this year. It's possible but there is a very slim chance and the #1 reason is Rose.

Posted · Report post

First round exit? Nah.

The bulls aren't even guaranteed to make the playoffs let alone get out of the first round. You're being way too optimistic thinking this team has even the slightest chance to get to the second round

Posted · Report post

No I expect a first round exit aswell. ACL injuries take one year to be 100% physically and another to be back into NBA 100%.

Posted · Report post

The bulls aren't even guaranteed to make the playoffs let alone get out of the first round. You're being way too optimistic thinking this team has even the slightest chance to get to the second round

Be serious man. Geez.

Of course we're a lock for the playoffs. Still a top defending and rebounding team with very good players and good roster. I can't really see how anyone thinks the Bulls won't make the PS.

Whatever though. Everyone has his opinion I guess...

Posted · Report post

Lmao, no.

Unless Derrick Rose comes back like Adrian Peterson (which I heavily doubt AP's a beast of an athlete), then the Bulls will most likely be a first round exit..

Posted · Report post

You need to get rid of Boozer and bring someone better. Rose, Deng, Noah are good, but Boozer not really. Your team needs another star / superstar.

Posted · Report post

LOL its the Eastern Conference we are talking about. The Bulls will make the playoffs for sure. They are the best team in their division anyways, as long as you win your division no matter how bad your record is, you will be in the playoffs.

Posted · Report post

LOL its the Eastern Conference we are talking about. The Bulls will make the playoffs for sure. They are the best team in their division anyways, as long as you win your division no matter how bad your record is, you will be in the playoffs.

He's just hatin'.

There is no way someone believes that the Bulls won't make the playoffs.

Posted · Report post

He's just hatin'.

Its the beginning of the season, they're not guaranteed to make the PS. And they aren't the best team in the central, pacers and the bucks are better. Both have beaten them and hold the current tiebreakers

Posted · Report post

He's just hatin'.

Pacers will most likely win your division... if so, then is a chance you wont make PS.

Posted · Report post

Its the beginning of the season, they're not guaranteed to make the PS. And they aren't the best team in the central, pacers and the bucks are better. Both have beaten them and hold the current tiebreakers

LOL!

Whatever you say.

We lost that one game by the Bucks because we committed suicide. I'm pretty sure we're gonna win the next two games as well. And about the Pacers, one game doesn't mean anything. Besides, look at the records...

Saying that the Pacers and especially the Bucks are better than the Bulls just shows ignorance. Really, this argument doesn't deserve my time.

Posted · Report post

LOL!

Whatever you say.

We lost that one game by the Bucks because we committed suicide. I'm pretty sure we're gonna win the next two games as well. And about the Pacers, one game doesn't mean anything. Besides, look at the records...

Saying that the Pacers and especially the Bucks are better than the Bulls just shows ignorance. Really, this argument doesn't deserve my time.

If the pacers knew they were going to be w/o granger for 3 months they would've had a better record. The bulls had all off-season to prepare their game plan, the pacers found out about grangers injury a little before the season started. The pacers are better, i'm not sure about the bucks but the pacers are better. Once grange returns i'm still leaning towards the pacers. Hibbert should be playing better by then and the bench as well. They have the most realistic chance out of all central teams to win the division this year. And even if the bulls do win the division, so what? They're not going to do anything in the PS, you and other bulls fan can be as optimistic as you want, the bulls aren't going to win anything this year
Rondo is G.O.A.T likes this

Posted · Report post

If the pacers knew they were going to be w/o granger for 3 months they would've had a better record. The bulls had all off-season to prepare their game plan, the pacers found out about grangers injury a little before the season started. The pacers are better, i'm not sure about the bucks but the pacers are better. Once grange returns i'm still leaning towards the pacers. Hibbert should be playing better by then and the bench as well. They have the most realistic chance out of all central teams to win the division this year. And even if the bulls do win the division, so what? They're not going to do anything in the PS, you and other bulls fan can be as optimistic as you want, the bulls aren't going to win anything this year

Like we believe we're gonna win the championship...

But don't give me the "And even if the bulls do win the division, so what?" stuff. Just stick with your opinion on who wins the Division cuz I'll remember this thread.

Also, when the Bulls played with the Pacers we didn't have Rip either. JS.

And what exactly would the Pacers do if they knew Granger would be out?? Replace him? Please. You can't replace your best player. You can't afford it.

But I'm used to people like you who believe that the Bulls are nothing without Rose. You don't watch the games so your opinion doesn't hold much water here. I've seen a good amount of Pacers and Bucks games to know what I'm saying. And of course, as almost everyone you overlook coaches' impact so much.

Like I said though, I'll remember this thread. Even if Rose returns in March, I believe we win the Division unless we have key injuries.

Posted · Report post

Like we believe we're gonna win the championship...

But don't give me the "And even if the bulls do win the division, so what?" stuff. Just stick with your opinion on who wins the Division cuz I'll remember this thread.

Also, when the Bulls played with the Pacers we didn't have Rip either. JS.

And what exactly would the Pacers do if they knew Granger would be out?? Replace him? Please. You can't replace your best player. You can't afford it.

But I'm used to people like you who believe that the Bulls are nothing without Rose. You don't watch the games so your opinion doesn't hold much water here. I've seen a good amount of Pacers and Bucks games to now what I'm saying. And of course, as almost everyone you overlook coaches' impact so much.

Like I said though, I'll remember this thread. Even if Rose returns in March, I believe we win the Division unless we have key injuries.

lol the OP believes they can. The pacers would've been prepared to play w/o granger, nobody said anything about replacing him because you can't. They would've known how to play w/o granger, the bulls had the entire off-season to prepare their game plan. Bc the bulls are nothing w/o rose. Rose is probably going to get injured again when he returns lol. Thibs isn't as great as you think he is. I remember on one thread you called him a top 3 coach in the league ( :rofl:) He hasn't done enough to be considered a top 3 coach. He's entering his third full season as a head coach, his third season. Understand that one season w/ the best record in the league then getting embarrassed by miami, then another season getting beat in the first round doesn't make you a top 3 coach. If he was so great they would've beaten philly.

Posted · Report post

lol the OP believes they can. The pacers would've been prepared to play w/o granger, nobody said anything about replacing him because you can't. They would've known how to play w/o granger, the bulls had the entire off-season to prepare their game plan. Bc the bulls are nothing w/o rose. Rose is probably going to get injured again when he returns lol. Thibs isn't as great as you think he is. I remember on one thread you called him a top 3 coach in the league ( :rofl:) He hasn't done enough to be considered a top 3 coach. He's entering his third full season as a head coach, his third season. Understand that one season w/ the best record in the league then getting embarrassed by miami, then another season getting beat in the first round doesn't make you a top 3 coach. If he was so great they would've beaten philly.

You really piss me off and I think you do it on purpose.

First of all, ALMOST EVERYONE on this site puts Thibs in the top 3. What you're telling me is that you gotta have a certain amount of seasons in order to be judged? In those 2 and a half seasons, Thibs' team hasn't catch a break and he always misses key guys and he still has an insane record. He led a team to the best record in the league in his first 2 seasons. All the experts say that he's the best defensive mind in the league and I can say that he made Korver and now Belinelli play defense, cuz if you don't play defense you don't play at all in the Bulls.

PS is a different story, and no one could win that series without Rose. Not even [enter your GOAT coach] could do it.

And let me tell you how wrong what you say about the Pacers and Granger is. The Bulls last season proved that you don't need time (especially in the RS) to adjust your game at the absence of player even if that's the MVP. If your team doesn't entirely depend on a player and has it's defense and rebounding still there, they still win basketball games.

And here is the part that pissed me off cuz I realised I waste my time talking to a clueless hater like you.

"Bc the bulls are nothing w/o rose. Rose is probably going to get injured again when he returns lol."

Go watch some basketball games and stop making a fool of yourself.

SMH. When Rondo is GOAT reps a comment of yours, you gotta worry.

See ya.

Posted · Report post

You really piss me off and I think you do it on purpose.

First of all, ALMOST EVERYONE on this site puts Thibs in the top 3. What you're telling me is that you gotta have a certain amount of seasons in order to be judged? In those 2 and a half seasons, Thibs' team hasn't catch a break and he always misses key guys and he still has an insane record. He led a team to the best record in the league in his first 2 seasons. All the experts say that he's the best defensive mind in the league and I can say that he made Korver and now Belinelli play defense, cuz if you don't play defense you don't play at all in the Bulls.

PS is a different story, and no one could win that series without Rose. Not even [enter your GOAT coach] could do it.

And let me tell you how wrong what you say about the Pacers and Granger is. The Bulls last season proved that you don't need time (especially in the RS) to adjust your game at the absence of player even if that's the MVP. If your team doesn't entirely depend on a player and has it's defense and rebounding still there, they still win basketball games.

And here is the part that pissed me off cuz I realised I waste my time talking to a clueless hater like you.

"Bc the bulls are nothing w/o rose. Rose is probably going to get injured again when he returns lol."

Go watch some basketball games and stop making a fool of yourself.

See ya.

We don't know that. I've never seen a coach become a top 3 coach after 1 1/2 seasons. He's the best defensive coach in the RS, he hasn't accomplished anything in the PS. Your getting so defensive, why would that upset you? What you think the bulls w/o rose are equivalent to miami or something? He's playing noah and deng 41+ mpg every game. He's relying heavily on noah and deng. And i don't get whats so great about noah that you bulls fans keep bragging about. He certainly isn't a all star. All he's doing is playing more minutes then last season and being more involved in the offense. His offensive game still revolves around put-backs. You can continue to be optimistic about the bulls, don't be surprised if they fail to make the playoffs or get bounced in the first round

Posted · Report post

See ya.

I forgot you are always right and I will forever be in the wrong, Mr. IM FROM GREECE LOOK AT ME.

Posted · Report post

He hasn't done enough to be considered a top 3 coach. He's entering his third full season as a head coach, his third season. Understand that one season w/ the best record in the league then getting embarrassed by miami, then another season getting beat in the first round doesn't make you a top 3 coach. If he was so great they would've beaten philly.

The number of seasons he's coached is irrelevant. What matters is his ability to coach and his success. He's the best defensive coach in the NBA. He's had the best record in the league two seasons in a row, and could have won coach of the year both seasons (he did his first season).

I don't know what playoff series you watched where the Bulls were embarrassed by Miami. The only embarrassing game in that series was Game 1 in which the Bulls won in a blowout. Every other game in that series came down to the final few minutes of regulation or overtime.

During his second season the team lost in the playoffs only after his best player and third best player went down. Take the first and third best player off any playoff team and they won't go far in the playoffs being replaced by inexperienced backups. Not to mention the Bulls starting two-guard had barely played that season and the second best player was playing with a wrist injury.

Thibodeau may not be a top three coach in the league, but the argument you make here really doesn't make a strong case against him.

TeoTheGreek13 likes this