Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Anthony Davis the next Andrew Bynum?

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

He has loads of talent but continues to get injured.

Obviously, I hope he gets healthy and is NOT the next Andrew Bynum, but does anybody see the similariites?

Posted · Report post

Davis came into the league at 19-20

Bynum came into the league at 17

Davis has a higher ceiling as well and is NOT even close to as injury prone

One injury for two weeks and people think he's Andrew Bynum lol

Posted · Report post

-_-

Terrible comparison. Injuries wise, Davis hasn't been injured as much... he's healthier and will probably be healthier. No he won't be like Bynum because he's more mature, he cares about basketball

Posted · Report post

hugh

AD isn't injury prone.

In a tight situation...i choose the afro over the unibrow

Posted · Report post

Davis is miles above him. The amount of recent injuries have me wondering...

Posted · Report post

No similarities at all between the two, expect that both are big men. Davis came in as the No.1 pick after one of the greatest freshmen seasons of all time and although has been out in quite a decent number of games, he has shown excellence from the get go. Additionally, he's a defensive minded player whereas Andrew is the opposite.

Posted · Report post

Same sh!t again.

When a player gets injured he suddenly becomes injury-prone.

Rose had lost about 5 games (6 actually) in his first 3 seasons and then in the 4th he had an unlucky streak of injuries and he suddenly is injury-prone.

People even said that for Howard last year who's an iron-man.

I can picture people calling Westbrook injury-prone as well if he has an injury (if that ever happens, lol)...

Ray likes this

Posted · Report post

Even an ugly concubine gets to see more action then Davis. IJS.

Same sh!t again.

Rose had lost about 5 games in his first 3 seasons and then in the 4th he had an unlucky streak of injuries and he suddenly is injury-prone.

I can picture people calling Westbrook injury-prone as well if he has an injury (if that ever happens, lol)...

Yeah, Imma drop some knowledge. Jordan had a broken foot early on his career. Did that mean he was injury prone the rest of his career, no.
celtic fan likes this

Posted · Report post

Same sh!t again.

Rose had lost about 5 games (6 actually) in his first 3 seasons and then in the 4th he had an unlucky streak of injuries and he suddenly is injury-prone.

Well, I think the nod to Derrick Rose is wrong, because I think its acceptable to question if he'll come back and be injury prone. It has nothing to do with those other minor injuries he had, it has to do with the factor that he tore a ligament in his knee, which can really cause future issues even once fully healed. Rose will be an interesting case.

Posted · Report post

Well, I think the nod to Derrick Rose is wrong, because I think its acceptable to question if he'll come back and be injury prone. It has nothing to do with those other minor injuries he had, it has to do with the factor that he tore a ligament in his knee, which can really cause future issues even once fully healed. Rose will be an interesting case.

No, I don't think that a serious injury can make you from iron-man, injury prone.

Posted · Report post

He has loads of talent but continues to get injured.

Obviously, I hope he gets healthy and is NOT the next Andrew Bynum, but does anybody see the similariites?

29200865.jpg

Rog likes this

Posted · Report post

No, I don't think that a serious injury can make you from iron-man, injury prone.

Its not about getting an injury, its about WHERE the injury is. Major knee injuries have a long history in the NBA of repeating themselves.

Posted · Report post

Its not about getting an injury, its about WHERE the injury is. Major knee injuries have a long history in the NBA of repeating themselves.

Not a recent incident though (I think).

Blake is all right.

You can't call Rose injury-prone IMO. He's still a great athlete and with modern day treatments and advanced knowledge, I don't think there will be any problem. He'll return when he's 100%, so, I don't think it can be a problem.

Posted · Report post

Not a recent incident though (I think).

Blake is all right.

You can't call Rose injury-prone IMO. He's still a great athlete and with modern day treatments and advanced knowledge, I don't think there will be any problem. He'll return when he's 100%, so, I don't think it can be a problem.

I'm not calling Rose injury-prone, I'm saying he COULD return injury prone.

Griffin is one example of a guy that has played now what a season and a half? Not a good enough sample size IMO, but still you may be right and I hope you are right. I love Derrick Rose.