#1 OFFLINE   The Real G

The Real G
  • Shake and Bake

• 6,892 posts

Here are the teams that exceeded expectations the most so far:

NY Knicks
GS Warriors
Atlanta Hawks

These 3 teams have something in common, they take a lot of threes. Even though it doesnt seem like it, 3s are highly effective. Shooting 40% from 3 is equivalent to shooting 60% from 2.

Do you feel every teams should attempt a lot of threes like NY, GS, ATL and the 2011-12 Miami Heat or even the Spurs, it seems to be working just fine?
The real GOAT

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

#2 OFFLINE   ban me pheggets

ban me pheggets
Well.. it is if you have dead-eye shooters on your team like Curry and Thompson..

Free DeLaGhetto

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

#3 OFFLINE   EssenceOfTheMind

EssenceOfTheMind
  • Misunderstood

• 18,785 posts

• The Future and WrongIslander 2.0 like this
I don't believe they should jack up threes.I believe they should take good threes and try to make them.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

#4 OFFLINE   Kobes 5th Ring

Kobes 5th Ring
Spurs have been doin it for quite a while now

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

#5 OFFLINE   KKinsey

KKinsey
  • Jan_Sobieski™ likes this
3pt shot is one of the most efficient shoots in the game.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

#6 OFFLINE   Rondo is G.O.A.T

Rondo is G.O.A.T
  • Assist King

• 14,561 posts

The first second your team hits a shooting slump during the game, that whole "Shoot a lot of 3s" mentality will literally kill you.
Posted Image

"That's kicking someone in the balls in their heart" - A wise man full of knowledge, wisdom, and intelligence

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

#7 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior
  • fkn goin to war brehs

• 14,637 posts

• The Future, WrongIslander 2.0 and tripleaamin like this
Believe it or not none of these teams are in the top 5 for 3pm per game. I wouldnt say any of these teams really rely on threes. Warriors but 4th in the NBA in rebounds and play great D, and New York has the best turnover ratio in the league, they play smart with the ball. There are a lot of factors for why each team is succeeding.

Each team has players with good inside precense: Lee, Horford, and Chandler, so they can get a lot of post scoring and mainly pick n roll with chandler.

Dv1G7Sw.png

2014 NBA PLAYOFFS 

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

#8 OFFLINE   ­JDynasty

­JDynasty
  • KD Gettin dem BUCKETS

• 12,550 posts

as long as they are good open looks at 3's then yes it's always good to shoot em

89973430d41e5c1f0f3c9ebdf6c7d9ec.gif

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

#9 OFFLINE   Kleeps

Kleeps
I mean it's definitely an interesting strategy. If you can shoot 40%+, it's a great strategy. But it won't work out like that in the playoffs. You can't just rely on 3 pointers to win you games. No matter who you are, you're going to have off nights.

lebron-james-photobomb-o.gif

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

#10 ONLINE   The Logo

The Logo
  • Pacers logo only for the playoffs

• 16,360 posts

Nah. It's been proven for the shooting 3's theory can get you very far. Look at the Magic from like '09 to '12. They relied a lot on their three point shooting and got the Finals once and made the Conference Finals once. Also the Spurs have used it for a number of years.

oldtimers.png

HNL: Bulls GM

S2: 20-62 | S3: 51-31 (Lost to Braves 4-3 in Semi Finals; GMOY) | S3: 52-30 (Lost to 76ers 4-3 in First Round) | S4: 53-24

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

#11 OFFLINE   DJtheCap™

DJtheCap™
  • Know what the Midwest is?

• 3,459 posts

• WTAP likes this
Well yeah, as long as there is another form of scoring you can rely on. If jacking up contested threes is what your gameplan is, then you will lose when you're cold. Good/open three shooting has always been a viable option though.

1z6co0i.jpg

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

#12 OFFLINE   probskN

probskN
  • Muddy Chicken

• 6,450 posts

All teams have solid three point shooters though. Novak, Kidd, even Melo on the Knicks. There's Lou Williams and Kyle Korver on the Hawks. Don't even get me started on the Warriors. For most teams, shooting threes wouldn't work, but for these teams it's one of their main strategies.

Wtf tags?

pedroia.png

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

#13 OFFLINE   Manavski

Manavski
I think that they cant get so far.one day those 3s will stop falling.
Posted Image
TROLOLOLO

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

#14 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0
  • Wanted for kidnapping: Tony Woops

• 7,622 posts

I don't believe they should jack up threes.I believe they should take good threes and try to make them.

This is what the Knicks are doing better than anyone in my opinion. We have screens that screen the screens on our screens and our ball movement this year is excellent. Our team as a whole is so good from 3 that we can decoy Steve Novak just because of the amount of attention he draws and when they overplay him or Melo they just kick it out. I can't wait to see what happens when Amar'e comes back.

tumblr_ldx837AN4O1qdtyuto1_500.gif

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

#15 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0
  • Wanted for kidnapping: Tony Woops

• 7,622 posts

The first second your team hits a shooting slump during the game, that whole "Shoot a lot of 3s" mentality will literally kill you.

No, it won't.

tumblr_ldx837AN4O1qdtyuto1_500.gif

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

#16 OFFLINE   The Real G

The Real G
  • Shake and Bake

• 6,892 posts

Believe it or not none of these teams are in the top 5 for 3pm per game. I wouldnt say any of these teams really rely on threes. Warriors but 4th in the NBA in rebounds and play great D, and New York has the best turnover ratio in the league, they play smart with the ball. There are a lot of factors for why each team is succeeding.

Each team has players with good inside precense: Lee, Horford, and Chandler, so they can get a lot of post scoring and mainly pick n roll with chandler.

But these teams are amonfst the best in 3pt %
The real GOAT

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

#17 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™
  • ♥Tori Kelly♥

• 2,386 posts

Knicks has used the threes a lot. They have 8 players that can knock down threes. Even Rasheed Wallace...They take high percentage shots. That is their advantage.

R1c71Ut.gif?1

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

#18 ONLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13
  • Basketballholic

• 23,136 posts

The 2009 Magic were a better proof!

Basing your game too much on 3s might hurt you many times but if you hit them, you got great chances of winning.
If I had a team, I wouldn't base too much there.

The best strategy is feeding your bigs (if they're capable) being the first option IMO. You have to go for the higher percentage shots.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

#19 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT
  • Greek God

• 7,467 posts

I agree with Teo. The 2009 Magic were the best proof.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:10 AM

#20 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones
  • baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood

• 4,519 posts

You live by it but also you die by it. Come playoffs time it's gonna be different.

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome Guest!

Hello and welcome to our forums, Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. You may be required to register to be able to discuss and communicate with other members of our community.