My Power Rankings for all 30 teams

• Please log in to reply

#1 ONLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior
  • views from the piff

• 15,492 posts

• Truth34, TeoTheGreek13, Dedo™ and 5 others like this

POPULAR

Based on how well each team has been playing up to this point of the season, and how hot/cold they are. Their recent performances and opponents beaten is weighed in, not just W-L record/talent/starpower.

1. Oklahoma City Thunder

Record: 18-4
Streak: Won 9
Spin: After a so-so start, the Thunder have been arguably the NBA's hottest team, winning 9 in a row. They have a differential of +9.3, which is best in the league and have shown no signs of missing James Harden. Kevin Durant has arguably been the leagues best player so far, improving his efficiency and rebounding rate from last year.

2. New York Knicks

Record: 17-5
Streak: Won 3
Spin: In mosts people's minds, the biggest surprise of the year. The Knicks play small, but make you pay by shooting a high percentage and rarely turning it over. Key additions of Felton, Kidd, and Wallace have helped tremendously. Carmelo is the NBA's second leading scorer and a top MVP candidate. They have blown out the Heat twice, recently defeated the rival nets, and shut down Kobe's Lakers in MSG.

3. LA Clippers

Record: 16-6
Streak: Won 8
Spin: After dropping a few games in a row, Lob City has racked up 8 W's in a row. So are they Lob city or rack city? Who knows, but they are led by the most efficient PG in the league, a star Big man and have one of the deepest rosters. Grant Hill has still yet to make his debut and Chauncey Billups has played 3 games.

4. San Antonio Spurs

Record:18-6
Streak: Lost 2
Spin: The spurs are quietly once again are among the leagues elite when everybody thinks they should be using canes and wheelchairs. They have the most road wins in the NBA and the second best differential at +8.1. Parker and Duncan are both MVP candidates. A recent losses to the Jazz and Blazers put them behind the Knicks.

5. Memphis Grizzlies

Record: 14-5
Spin: After the leagues best record through the first few games, the Grizz have somewhat cooled off, dropping recent games to the Hawks and Suns. They still are one of the best defensive and rebounding teams, and have signature wins against the Heat, Thunder, Knicks and Warriors.

6. Miami Heat

Record: 14-6
Streak: Lost 1
Spin: The Champs had a hot start but seem to lose focus at times. They have recently dropped games to the Warriors and lowly Wiz, not to mention they have gotten blown out by the rival Knicks twice, once without Melo. They are still one of the best offensive teams, but are volatile.

7. Golden State Warriors

Record: 15-7
Streak: Won 5
Spin: After a 3-4 start, the Dubs have won 12 out of 15, and 8 out of 9. Victors of 5 straight road games, the Warriors look to go 7-0 on this road trip with upcoming games at Orlando and Atlanta. The Warriors are the 4th best rebounding team in the league, and have signature wins over the Heat, Clippers, Nets(twice), and Hawks. They are led by Stephen Curry and David Lee, both putting up All Star Numbers and making strong cases to be in Houston on Feb.17.

8. Atlanta Hawks

Record: 14-6
Streak: Won 2
Spin: Another surprise team, the hawks are exceeding expectations without their All-Star Joe Johnson. Josh Smith and Al Horford lead this team. They have road victories against OKC and Memphis, and have been one of the best defensive teams, making a habit of holding their opponents below 50% from the floor.

9. Chicago Bulls

Record: 12-9
Streak: Won 1
Spin: Without Derrick Rose, the Bulls are more than capable of making the playoffs in the east. They have foundational players in Loul Deng, and Joakim Noah, who have both been playing like all-stars. Until Rose returns, their current lineup can keep them alive.

10. Utah Jazz

Record: 13-10
Streak: Won 4
Spin: The Jazz have been hot, winning 4 in a row. Mo Williams hit a buzzer beater to lift them up against the Spurs. With one of the deepest front courts in the league with Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, Derrick Favord and Enes Kanter, the Jazz are a dark horse team in the west.

11. Boston Celtics

Spin: The Celtics have been a disappointment, but have picked up the pace recently. Winning 2 in a row, the Celtics have been led by Rajon Rondo and Paul Pierce. The Celtics best win was a 108-100 victory against the Thunder, but besides that they have taken advantage against weak to mid level teams. In seasons past, however, this group of veterans have been known to turn it around.

12. Milwaukee Bucks

Record: 11-9
Streak: Won 3
Spin: The Bucks have one of the best backourts in the NBA in Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis. The Bucks hit a quick start to the season, and recently have played well. They have beat Boston twice along with wins against Chicago and Brooklyn.

13. Brooklyn Nets

Spin: No love for Marswag brooks, but the Nets had a very hot start. However, they have dropped 5 in a row before beating the lowly Raptors. Their best victory has been at home against crosstown rival Knicks. Deron Williams and Joe Johnson need to be more consistent for this team to win, and Brook Lopez's injury problem poses concerns.

14. Minnesota Timberwolves

Record: 10-9
Spin: The Wolves prove that white men can ball, but Kevin Love has made his concerns known about the organization. Love is having an all-star year, and the wolves have made a great pickup in Kirelinko. The team has been plagued by injuries, losing Roy for a long period of time and Budinger for the season.

15. Philadelphia 76ers

Record: 12-10
Spin: Jrue Holiday has been an MVP candidate and has made his case for being a 1st-time all star. The Sixers can still ball without injury-prone bum Andrew Bynum. Evan Turner and Thaddeus Young have played well, and they hope to remain in the playoff race.

16. Dallas Mavericks

Record: 11-11
Spin: The Mavs look to turn around a slow start once Dirk returns. Without them, OJ Mayo has emerged as a Star and Chris Kaman has been playing well. With the return of Dirk, the Mavs could get a low seed in the playoffs and surprise people in the second half of the year.

17. Denver Nuggets

Record: 11-12
Spin: The Nugs have been an overall disappointment especially with all the talent they have accumulated. Andre Iguodala hasn't solved their defensive issues, and Ty Lawson hasnt played up to expectations. This team can still regroup and get a solid seed in the playoffs.

18. Indiana Pacers

Record: 11-11
Spin: The Pacers were supposed to be a top 5 team in the east this year after making an impression in last years playoffs, but have suffered a major blow with Danny Granger being out indefinitely. This group still has talent with Paul George, David West, and Roy Hibbert. Dont mess with T-Hansbrough doe, he will go HAM, looking at you Tristan Thompson.

19. Houston Rockets

Record: 10-11
Spin: James Harden has been a surprise, scoring 23 ppg and making himself known as a top SG. However, Lin has been a bust so far and Asian people trolling us by voting him as an All-Star won't change that.

20. Portland Trailblazers

Record: 10-12
Spin: The Blazers have a week bench, but possible ROY Lillard. With a recent win over the Spurs, it shows that the Rose Garden is a very tough place to win, no matter who you are.

21. LA Lakers

Record: 9-14
Streak: Lost 4
Spin: Sorry but LOL, just LOL. A team with Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard being 5 games under .500 at this point in the season is pretty hilarious, but perplexing. Gasol has been very ineffective as well, and Nash has missed the majority of the season. However, Nash wont solve their terrible defense. Recently they havent even looked competitive, getting blown out by the Cavs and Knicks most of the game with Melo.

22. Orlando Magic

Record: 8-13
Spin: Big Baby is one of the NBA's most improved players and JJ Reddick has taken his game to the next level. The Magic have picked it up recently but still are a longshot for a playoffs.

23. Phoenix Suns

Record: 8-15
Spin: The suns havent impressed anyone. Michael Beasley has been one of the streakiest, most frustrating players in the league, going for 20 one night and 2 the next.

24. Sacramento Kings

Record: 7-14
Spin: Tyreke Evans has been a mystery. Demarcus Cousins has potential to be a star, but is still as immature as ever, not being able to avoid getting suspended. Isiah Thomas has also dissapointed.

25. Detroit Pistons

Record: 7-17
Spin: The pistons have dropped the majority of their recent games, and Rodney Stuckey has been a disappointment However, Andre Drummond gives this franchise hope for the future.

26. Cleveland Cavaliers

Record: 5-18
Spin: Anderson Varajeo has been one of the biggest surprises this year, but the Cavs are still aways away from being in the playoffs. Kyrie has improved greatly, but they dont have the depth to make an impact this season. A win against the Lakers provides nothing but false hope. Umad Dan Gilbert?

27. New Orleans Hornets

Record: 5-16
Streak: Lost 5
Spin: They have played a lot without rookie star Anthony Davis, and Ryan Anderson has stepped it up in his absence. He is one of the leagues most underrated players. Austin Rivers shouldve stayed at Duke for obvious reasons. The future Pelicans can start tanking right now, they dont have a shot for the playoffs.

28. Charlotte Bobcats

Record: 7-15
Streak: Lost 10
Spin: After a surprising 7-5 start, the kitties have dropped 10 in a row. Yup, sounds about right. Maybe the name change to the Hornets can revamp the organization. MKG and Kemba Walker have played great, so they have talent to build off of.

29. Washington Wizards

Record: 3-16
Spin: The Wiz are a young Scrappy team, who have missed John Wall. But nonetheless they are terrible and one of the worst shooting teams in the league, starting 0-12. However, a recent win against Miami is a reason they are no longer the worst team.

30. Toronto Raptors

Record: 4-19
Streak: Lost 6
Spin: They suck, nuff said nikka.

tumblr_mhaug4Cdad1qmek05o2_500.gif

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

#2 OFFLINE   Bayzus

Bayzus
  • Dedo™ likes this

19. Houston Rockets

Record: 10-11
Spin: James Harden has been a surprise, scoring 25 ppg and making himself known as a premiere player. However, Lin has been a bust so far and Asian people trolling us by voting him as an All-Star won't change that.

I lol'd

1vyHRJh.gif

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

#3 ONLINE   LeBron Said™

LeBron Said™
  • airWarrior likes this
Lmao, this shit was pretty hilarious. Kudos nigga.

.2zzlx0j.jpg

#3Rings

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

#4 OFFLINE   aznkid

aznkid
lin had a 38 point game against the GOAT team. /thread

jk, <3 u

azn: wow TGIA, u should become president and create the Allahcaust                                                                          6:46 PM

TBH IJS JMO

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

#5 OFFLINE   Penny

Penny
  • no quiero nada más sin vos

• 9,754 posts

James Harden is averaging 23 a game and is one of the least efficient players in the league... I don't see how that a "premier" player.

2q0kf2b.png

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

#6 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch
  • Bleed Green

• 13,867 posts

Pretty good actually.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

#7 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0
  • Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• 8,123 posts

• airWarrior likes this
I'd put your warriors 5th but fair play for trying not to be bias.

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

#8 ONLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior
  • views from the piff

• 15,492 posts

• Penny likes this

James Harden is averaging 23 a game and is one of the least efficient players in the league... I don't see how that a "premier" player.

oh yeah typo. 23 ppg, and *top SG instead of premiere, i went a lil too far

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

#9 ONLINE   Ace I

Ace I
  • Football Season approaching

• 7,610 posts

I'd say that this is correct and this is how i rank all of the teams today.

charli_xcx_by_cyber_bitch-d627qu2.gif

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

#10 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13
  • Basketballholic

• 23,907 posts

Nice job young fella!

Pretty reasonable ranking. Fair.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

#11 OFFLINE   El Quince

El Quince
  • Guy Incognito

• 5,565 posts

17'? :unsure:

InternetFacts.png

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

#12 OFFLINE   THUNDERSTRUCK

THUNDERSTRUCK
The butthurt Heat fans are coming.

35mnr4p.jpg

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

#13 OFFLINE   Shytown

Shytown
  • Motto: Stay put, never quit.

• 948 posts

Very great ranking, to really detail the ranking of all teams is great on your part. I somewhat agree with the rankings, but nevertheless, it's a very good ranking that not many can go against.

qqwrrn.jpg

| Best PG: Rajon Rondo | Fav Newcomer: Damian Lillard | Fav PF: Blake Griffin
Fav 3rd Option: Serge Ibaka  
Fav NCAA: Jabari Parker 

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

#14 ONLINE   LeBron Said™

LeBron Said™

The butthurt Heat fans are coming.

Still mad about the Heat dogging the Thunder? Lmao.

.2zzlx0j.jpg

#3Rings

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

#15 ONLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior
  • views from the piff

• 15,492 posts

17'? :unsure:

Idk who they would surpass if they were higher. I gave them a slight edge vs the pacers

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

#16 OFFLINE   ban me pheggets

ban me pheggets
This was good and funny.

You should apply for a job at ESPN.

Free DeLaGhetto

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

#17 ONLINE   Sean

Sean
  • Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 9,541 posts

Pretty reasonable rankings

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

#18 ONLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior
  • views from the piff

• 15,492 posts

This was good and funny.

You should apply for a job at ESPN.

I got lazy on the analysis after the first 10 or so because it was late at night so i literally typed whatever came to mind. It took like 2 hours to do this and I put in pictures but stupid HN said "image format not acceptable" so I Was like screw it

I need to start out small, maybe I can become the future of bleacher report and turn their brand into something reputable.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome Guest!

Hello and welcome to our forums, Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. You may be required to register to be able to discuss and communicate with other members of our community.