Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

1. Carmelo Anthony : New York Knicks
Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 36.3 ppg | 4.7 rpg | 1.3 apg
Anthony has come a long way since Linsanity, that stretch last year when Knicks fans were actually questioning whether he should step aside and let Jeremy Lin lead New York. Anthony is a legitimate threat to shake up the MVP race everyone thought would be a two-man competition. He's setting the table every night for the best team in the East (36.3 points on .566 shooting from the floor, .550 from deep, in the past three games).

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 25.7 ppg | 5.7 rpg | 4.0 apg
Durant is putting together one of those mercurial seasons that other superstars wish they could and somehow he seems to be doing it without much national fanfare. He's scoring (27.3), rebounding (8.5) and facilitating (4.3) for the Thunder in the same way the reigning MVP does for the Miami Heat. The Thunder aren't having any trouble putting teams away, though. They've won 17 of their past 19 games and nine straight heading into tonight's game against the Kings.

3. LeBron James : Miami Heat
Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 27.3 ppg | 5.0 rpg | 6.0 apg
LeBron hasn't had to go through the sort of three-man MVP shuffle he's dealing with this season in quite some time. He hasn't been able to separate himself from the other contenders the way he did last season, when he was statistically head and shoulders above the rest. He's playing lights out (26.2 points, 7.9 rebounds and 6.7 assists in his last 10 games) but the Heat have stumbled of late, playing uncharacteristic .500 ball (3-3) this month.

4. Chris Paul : Los Angeles Clippers
Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 17.3 ppg | 7.3 apg | 2.0 spg
Whatever was bothering Paul and the Clippers during that mini-slide last month has vanished. Paul's been on a tear and the Clippers have followed suit, winning eight straight games and scoring 100 or more points in seven of those games. Paul's new aggressive offensive approach, however, has had as much to do with the Clippers picking up the pace as anything. Paul has these Clippers looking like the contender many thought they could be.

5. Zach Randolph : Memphis Grizzlies
Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 17.0 ppg | 10.0 rpg | 0.7 bpg
Z-Bo has been steady even as the Grizzlies have stumbled a bit here recently, losing three of their last five games and showing a few signs of fatigue since their early season assault on the West standings. Randolph's consistency on the glass (12.8 rpg) all season is easily the most impressive aspect of his work this season. He's grabbed double-digit rebounds in all but three games this season.

6. Kobe Bryant : Los Angeles Lakers
Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 35.5 ppg | 4.5 rpg | 4.5 apg
If the MVP formula was strictly about statistics, Kobe would have to rank among the top two or three players on anyone's list. Tracy McGrady might have two or three MVP's, too. So enough of that foolishness. While Bryant continues to shoot and score the Lakers out of their current mess, the Lakers continue to struggle. They are 1-11 this season when he scores 30 or more points. He has to come up with another method or simply wait like Mike D'Antoni and everyone else and see if Steve Nash's return fixes some of the Lakers' outstanding issues.

7. Josh Smith : Atlanta Hawks
Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 20.0 ppg | 6.8 apg | 4.0 apg
The reigning Eastern Conference Player of the Week, the Hawks All-Star (whoops, he's still waiting for the powers that be to get that right) is putting together a stellar all-around season as the face of the franchise. The Hawks are 11-2 in their last 13 games behind the versatility of Smith and fellow franchise pillar Al Horford's dirty work inside and out. But Smith's ability to create scoring opportunities for others set him apart from most power forwards in the league.

8. Tim Duncan : San Antonio Spurs
Posted Image
LAST WEEK: 14.2 ppg | 10.8 apg | 3.2 bpg
Who you calling old? Not Timothy Theodore Duncan, who has rediscovered his youth a bit this season for the seemingly ageless warriors from San Antonio. Duncan's 22 points, 21 rebounds and six blocks against the Jazz Wednesday night marked the fourth time in his career he posted a 20/20/5 game, the most of any active player. The only other player in the league to come close to that mark is fellow graybeard Marcus Camby, whose done it three times. The fact that Duncan can still do it at 36 makes it even more remarkable.

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 21.5 ppg | 4.3 rpg | 6.0 apg
Now that Curry's name comes first on every opposing team's scouting report, he'll have to redesign his attacks and make sure he sets up his teammates so he can maintain his offensive aggressiveness and keep the team winning.Curry's Warriors are legit this season, winning when he plays his best and also winning on a night when he struggles a bit as well.

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 13.0 ppg | 13.3 apg | 3.0 spg
Like a dual-threat quarterback with spotty mechanics but sterling results, Rondo makes it hard to overlook the fact that he's one of the most dynamic forces in the league, regardless of position. His assist numbers (league-leading 12.9, the only player in the league in double digits) look like rebounding numbers. It's a story when he doesn't drop 10 or more dimes these days. As long as he stays healthy the Celtics should have no problem digging their way back into thick of things in the East.

The next five: Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder; Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs; Al Jefferson, Utah Jazz; David Lee, Golden State Warriors; Monta Ellis/Brandon Jennings, Milwaukee Bucks.

Falling out: Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets; Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs; Jrue Holiday, Philadelphia 76ers.

Current Rankings

1. Carmelo Anthony Posted Image
2. Kevin DurantPosted Image

3. Lebron James --
4. Chris PaulPosted Image
5. Zach RandolphPosted Image
6. Kobe BryantPosted Image

7. Josh Smith NR

8. Tim Duncan NR
9. Stephen CurryPosted Image

10. Rajon Rondo NR

Interesting fact : Josh Smith is on his way to becoming one of just 24 players in league history to reach 10,000 points, 5,000 rebounds, 2,000 assists and 1,000 blocks and just the ninth player to do so with one team, joining a list of Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, Julius Erving, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett.

Link : http://www.nba.com/m...2-13/index.html

So what do you think of the Ladder? I personally think it is pretty fair to be honest.

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#2 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

PM me her number

• 16,019 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

Agreed for the most part, josh smith may be a tiny bit too high

tumblr_neh1q4qxtG1sqpy32o1_500.gif

#3 OFFLINE   *RUDY*

*RUDY*

Save the kings KJ

• Banned
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'm so happy for Josh Smith. I know he's not going to win the seasonal MVP , but he deserves a spot on the all star team. He should have been a all star last season, but they gave paul pierce the forward spot instead.

#4 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Agreed for the most part, josh smith may be a tiny but too high

Should he and Duncan switch places?

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#5 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

PM me her number

• 16,019 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Should he and Duncan switch places?

probably, because the spurs need to represented by a player high on the board

#6 OFFLINE   ryguyturbo4

ryguyturbo4

Rookie

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Josh Smith should be lower but other than that it is great

#7 OFFLINE   The Real G

The Real G

Shake and Bake

• Members
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I dont agree with Melo being 1st, average rebounding for a SF+ more TOs than assists

2mxzF90.png?1?4543

#8 OFFLINE   Young Gee

Young Gee

Idol

• Members
  • 13,102 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Honestly i dont know how Duncan isnt on here, hes 36 but still averaging 17/10 and 2,5 blocks

tumblr_n4v5gpX7NQ1rtequ6o1_500.gif

russell-westbrook-3-and-strut-game-4-aga

#9 OFFLINE   Ivan

Ivan

G.O.M.D.

• Members
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

There is no way that Zach should be ranked higher than Kobe, i mean. I know he's played great again this year but Kobe is playing great and Josh Smith is a tad bit high but other then that, great post

tumblr_mn8ldtVgyE1rq7h9oo1_400.gif

#10 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

There is no way that Zach should be ranked higher than Kobe, i mean. I know he's played great again this year but Kobe is playing great and Josh Smith is a tad bit high but other then that, great post

You're right but Zach had that incredible run that made him climb up this ladder. But since then he hasn't shown anything great, but like you said Kobe should be above Zach. Reading your comments it seems like the list should be like this

1. Carmelo Anthony ( i would rather have Durant in first place, because how he is playing and their current 10 W streak. )
2. Kevin Durant
3. Lebron James
4. Chris Paul
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Zach Randolph
7. Tim Duncan
8. Josh Smith
9. Stephen Curry
10. Rajon Rondo

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#11 OFFLINE   Manu.

Manu.

Best In The World

• Members
  • 6,762 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

So glad to even see Duncan near this list at his age. He is playing at an MVP level.

icon.jpg

25-7

#12 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

PM me her number

• 16,019 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Josh smith had a pretty terrible game tonight

3 pts 7 rebounds 1-12 shooting

#13 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Durant just moved ahead of Melo for me.

Some of his play against Sacramento was breath taking.

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#14 OFFLINE   Ant™

Ant™

Hoops-Nation Illuminati

• Members
  • 13,508 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

probably, because the spurs need to represented by a player high on the board

Lee over Curry, you mad.

tumblr_mqs9id2iW91qd9agqo7_r1_250.gif

#15 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

PM me her number