Photo

Do you have more "HOPS" then Steve Nash and can you "analyze" a basketball game better then Charles Barkley

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   *RUDY*

*RUDY*

Save the kings KJ

• Banned
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

I have never seen any document proof Nash dunking a 10ft court and Nash isn't a short guy. He's about 6'3 which is considered tall for males.

lol I love Barkley's basketball theories and examinations on anything related to the NBA. The guy is a former professional and has way better basketball IQ on the court then any of us , but you gotta admit his analysis sometimes make you "LOL" hard and that's why we love Barkley. Also, I doubt any of the TNT segments are scripted.
  • Saint Nick C likes this

#2 OFFLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

MELANCHOLY MOOD

• Members
  • 7,893 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Nash kinda' dunks in that NBA commercial where the guys go back in time and talk to the young versions of players (Nash, Durant, Amar'e... I forgot who else)... I miss those commercials actually.

I've dunked a couple of times before. So I guess... yeah? I can still dunk a tennis ball even though the break pads in my knees are old and in need of bionic replacements.

Pretty sure Steve can dunk, but it's not going to happen during a game anytime soon. The dude just busted up his leg by dribbling...

Uh. I'm not trying to insult the guy, but yes I can break down the game better than Chuck. I know I can. However I think part of it is Chuck doesn't really pay attention and like most analysts has a cheat sheet and prompter to get his thoughts together before halftime. He knows in advance what is going to be asked. They get told information though their earpiece.

I'm sure he can teach me @#$% I never even knew about rebounding, spacing and fundamentals of getting boards over bigger players. He does have insight that I can only make up in my mind. I do think though that he is more or less there for fun. He's said some pretty ridiculous stuff, some of it relating in no way to what is actually happening on the court... or even the right game or player... He's entertainment. Heck... I think he knows it too. It's why he says such crazy things sometimes. Kenny almost always one-ups Chuck, without much effort.
  • The Future and *RUDY* like this

post-29393-Halloween-WHAT-THE-HELL-gif-B 

#3 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch

Bleed Green

• Members
  • 13,906 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yes. I'm 6'1 and can dunk, so if he's 6'3, yes I can. Although I don't know exactly my verticle leap.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 ONLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

aunt jemima hoyo hoyo

• 15,935 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Nash dribbles the ball and walks up slow, using his left hand and jumping off his right foot. But he is right handed, so if he ran up faster and took off normally with the left foot i think he could throw it down pretty well. But who knows what he was fully capable of, idk why there isnt a single video of a 38 old veteran 2XMVP dunking at least once in his career. lol. he's 6'3 tho, he probably could when he was younger.

W1UezfD.gif

#5 OFFLINE   *RUDY*

*RUDY*

Save the kings KJ

• Banned
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Nash dribbles the ball and walks up slow, using his left hand and jumping off his right foot. But he is right handed, so if he ran up faster and took off normally with the left foot i think he could throw it down pretty well. But who knows what he was fully capable of, idk why there isnt a single video of a 38 old veteran 2XMVP dunking at least once in his career. lol. he's 6'3 tho, he probably could when he was younger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmL3G0LW-Do

I'm sorry but I seen people that are between 5'6 to 6'2 that can dunk better then Nash. They can actually do awesome dunks during a pick up game.

#6 ONLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

aunt jemima hoyo hoyo

• 15,935 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm sorry but I seen people that are between 5'6 to 6'2 that can dunk better then Nash. They can actually do awesome dunks during a pick up game.

Well yeah. of course.

W1UezfD.gif

#7 OFFLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

MELANCHOLY MOOD

• Members
  • 7,893 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

He's not exactly trying to do a windmill LOL!

A dunk is a is dunk.... unless you're Dwight Howard and Blake Griffin and just throwing the ball into the hoop. Heh.

post-29393-Halloween-WHAT-THE-HELL-gif-B 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users