Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you think Serge Ibaka can turn into a consistent all star or even superstar power forward?

15 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

When most NBA fans "think" of Ibaka. They just see a shot blocker/ good defending big man, but let's never neglect his atheltic ability. His behind the freethrow line dunk was amazing and I considered it the best dunk that year during the slam dunk contest. His mid range and offense game is improving by the year. I think Ibaka rebounding should improve more. It kind of looks bad when your small forward ( Durant) is grabbing more boards then you as of right now.

Posted · Report post

Superstar? No

All star? possibly

Posted · Report post

Maybe a all star every now and again

Posted · Report post

Superstar? No

All star? possibly

This, possibly an All-Star if he develops a lot and because of the team he is on....but even that's tough. Not/never a Superstar

Posted · Report post

All-Star? I can see a couple in his future.

Superstar? No. Not many powerforwards are superstars in today's game, and there are only a select few that are. Serge Ibaka will never be one of them.

Posted · Report post

Ibaka has become an amazing mid range and FT shooter and of course he plays elite defense.

But let's get something straight here. He's never gonna be a superstar. Never. Not even close. He has many things to prove in his game you also need leadrship in order to become a superstar.

But I think he can become an all-star, still not consistently though.

Posted · Report post

I think he'll get an All-Star appearance or maybe two to three at best. However, it's far as he can go.

Posted · Report post

Nah I don't think the guy could become a superstar. There aren't many superstars in the league. All-Star though, why not? He's one of the best shot-blocker in the game, he's athletic and long. He has potential to be an all-star especially since he could finish in the paint AND shoot the mid-range jumper with efficiency!

Posted · Report post

I can see a couple of all star appearances maybe as his game develops, but superstar status is just out of reach.

Posted · Report post

best shot blocker in the league ... top tier mid range shooting for a power forward. it doesn't matter if he is an all star, he is one of the top players in the game already.

Posted · Report post

Kevin Love, LMA, Blake, Duncan, Randolph are better power forwards than him. So he doesn't have a shot this year, maybe in a few years.

Posted · Report post

he can be an all star. If I were him, in the off season I would contact Hakeem and start building a post game. He's a great shot blocker and mid range shooter, but I want to see him get some better post moves.

*RUDY* likes this

Posted · Report post

He's never going to be a super-star on the Thunder. He won't get enough touches playing with Westbrook and Durant. However, if he can go to a team where he's the #1, he potentially could. He already has the jumper, can make FTs, and is a great defender. The only thing missing is the post game.

Posted · Report post

The guy will most likely make a few all star ganes and he serious potential considering how much of an athletic freak he is, however all star is an overstatement.