Photo

Do you think Serge Ibaka can turn into a consistent all star or even superstar power forward?

• Please log in to reply

#1 OFFLINE   *RUDY*

*RUDY*
  • Save the kings KJ

• 4,946 posts

When most NBA fans "think" of Ibaka. They just see a shot blocker/ good defending big man, but let's never neglect his atheltic ability. His behind the freethrow line dunk was amazing and I considered it the best dunk that year during the slam dunk contest. His mid range and offense game is improving by the year. I think Ibaka rebounding should improve more. It kind of looks bad when your small forward ( Durant) is grabbing more boards then you as of right now.

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

#2 ONLINE   Sean

Sean
  • Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 9,188 posts

Superstar? No
All star? possibly

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

#3 ONLINE   WTAP

WTAP
  • Superstar

• 2,079 posts

Maybe a all star every now and again

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

#4 OFFLINE   Ambod Lion

Ambod Lion
  • aka Ambodius

• 9,780 posts

Superstar? No
All star? possibly

This, possibly an All-Star if he develops a lot and because of the team he is on....but even that's tough. Not/never a Superstar
Basketball_Jones, on 31 May 2012 - 01:21 PM, said Bird in his prime was unfckwitable
Wanna read/hear my Sports takes? Go to www.gamesofinches.com

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

#5 OFFLINE   probskN

probskN
  • Muddy Chicken

• 6,450 posts

All-Star? I can see a couple in his future.
Superstar? No. Not many powerforwards are superstars in today's game, and there are only a select few that are. Serge Ibaka will never be one of them.

pedroia.png

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

#6 ONLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13
  • Basketballholic

• 23,136 posts

Ibaka has become an amazing mid range and FT shooter and of course he plays elite defense.

But let's get something straight here. He's never gonna be a superstar. Never. Not even close. He has many things to prove in his game you also need leadrship in order to become a superstar.
But I think he can become an all-star, still not consistently though.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

#7 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future
  • #RipCity #brehsquad

• 24,458 posts

I think he'll get an All-Star appearance or maybe two to three at best. However, it's far as he can go.

tumblr_n14mx0Ho7J1qbqbieo2_400.gif

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

#8 ONLINE   Swish

Swish
  • ***NBA IN MTL***

• 33,852 posts

Nah I don't think the guy could become a superstar. There aren't many superstars in the league. All-Star though, why not? He's one of the best shot-blocker in the game, he's athletic and long. He has potential to be an all-star especially since he could finish in the paint AND shoot the mid-range jumper with efficiency!

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

#9 ONLINE   Dante

Dante
  • King Push

• 7,658 posts

I can see a couple of all star appearances maybe as his game develops, but superstar status is just out of reach.

tumblr_mv6lhkCDFe1qjx6n6o1_500.giftumblr_mv6lhkCDFe1qjx6n6o2_500.gif

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

#10 OFFLINE   Antetokounmpo

Antetokounmpo
  • Hall of Fame

• 2,688 posts

best shot blocker in the league ... top tier mid range shooting for a power forward. it doesn't matter if he is an all star, he is one of the top players in the game already.
PG. Lebron (Cavs) / Jordan 
SG. George / Kobe / Wiggins SF. Durant /  Pippen 
PF. Davis / Hakeem   
C. Wilt / Embiid / Kareem (Bucks)

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

#11 ONLINE   TP9

TP9
Kevin Love, LMA, Blake, Duncan, Randolph are better power forwards than him. So he doesn't have a shot this year, maybe in a few years.

tumblr_n46qok23gu1rgahtro1_r1_400.gif

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

#12 OFFLINE   Truth34

Truth34
  • Red Sox

• 17,655 posts

• *RUDY* likes this
he can be an all star. If I were him, in the off season I would contact Hakeem and start building a post game. He's a great shot blocker and mid range shooter, but I want to see him get some better post moves.

roindotip.gifrondop2.gif

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

#13 OFFLINE   Kleeps

Kleeps
He's never going to be a super-star on the Thunder. He won't get enough touches playing with Westbrook and Durant. However, if he can go to a team where he's the #1, he potentially could. He already has the jumper, can make FTs, and is a great defender. The only thing missing is the post game.

lebron-james-photobomb-o.gif

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

#14 OFFLINE   Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman
  • Bateman

• 10,752 posts

The guy will most likely make a few all star ganes and he serious potential considering how much of an athletic freak he is, however all star is an overstatement.

patrick-bateman-card_zpseb5cad13.png

New card, What do think?

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

#15 OFFLINE   Manavski

Manavski
he will be all-star no doubt
Posted Image
TROLOLOLO

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome Guest!

Hello and welcome to our forums, Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. You may be required to register to be able to discuss and communicate with other members of our community.