8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lil Kyrie™

Lil Kyrie™

New York Knicks 2012-2013

• Members
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Posted Image

Amare Stoudemire has encountered a ton of adversity this past season wether it was countless back injuries or dealing with the passing away of his brother .

Despite averaging his fewest points per game since his rookie year, a career low in rebounds and his lowest field goal percentage since his second season, Stoudemire shows no sign of giving up in which he has taken the initiative to widen the different aspects of his game . While rehabbing his knee Stoudemire carefully worked out with Hakeem Olujuwan to gather his horrid post moves . That's a little something us Knicks fans can be happy about but he's pretty much declined ever since signing a big contract with NY . Every now and then, he flashes the athleticism that earned him Slam Dunk contest invites and highlight reels. But for the most part, he's been a shell of his former self and his decline was unexpected.

As a up side Stoudemire is one of the NBA's quickest rollers to the rim. When Stoudemire sets screens, he gets to the paint and beats help defenders to the basket more times than not.In fact, more ball screens with Stoudemire should help those guards by forcing defenders to focus on stopping the roll and allowing the ball handlers to come off screens in space.

As the Knicks continue to strive 18-5 ( best record in Eastern Conference) a big question continues to linger through the NBA fan base ; what happens when Amare Stoudemire returns?
If you start Anthony at the four and move Melo back to the three, are the Knicks going to look a lot like last season’s offensively challenged Knicks that were destined for a first round loss. The ones with Stoudemire looking lost and ‘Melo jacking long, contested twos.
Coach Mike Woodson isn’t worried while the pair struggled together in Mike D’Antoni’s system they were 8-2 together for Woodson.

I can’t think about what happened before I took over. As a coach, I feel good about both of them playing together on the floor at the same time. That’s not going to change.

As a true Knicks fan I hope all goes well for New York as Amare's itching return gets closer as we speak .

Sources : http://probasketball...re-can-coexist/
Rotoworld
ESPN.com
NBA.com

run4fun808.gif?dateline=1365332746HNL SUNS GM

RtSPYU.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Wolves United

Wolves United

Bounce Bros

• Members
  • 5,860 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

I miss when Stoudamire was a sun
  • Lil Kyrie™ and Cashflow like this
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Raza 10

Raza 10

Purrrr

• Members
  • 7,839 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Bring him off the bench. The Knicks are one of the top team in the league right now with their system and they can't afford to take the risk of changing their whole lineup and chemistry to bring back a declining Stoudemire.

#4 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

• Members
  • 26,218 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

You took part of this from here, http://probasketball...re-can-coexist/

Caught again
  • Nashty and Raza 10 like this

foAptyU.png

9kAfPC8.png

#5 OFFLINE   Kill BeIl

Kill BeIl

Ball hard D-waiters

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Caught again

well look what we got here ladies n gentlemen

tWAO9.png

#6 OFFLINE   Lil Kyrie™

Lil Kyrie™

New York Knicks 2012-2013

• Members
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

well look what we got here ladies n gentlemen

not caught put all the sources i used

Caught again

here i put all the sources at the bottom ok frosty
  • Jan_Sobieski™ likes this

run4fun808.gif?dateline=1365332746HNL SUNS GM

RtSPYU.gif

#7 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Don't forget it was almost 2 years ago when he was averaging 25 PPG. His ability will never be in question, only his health. The reason he had a bad season (2011-12), was because: during the lockout he couldn't talk to the medical staff concerning his back injury, the lockout prevented a full training camp, his brother died, and there was a coaching change mid-season. STAT & Melo will prove the doubters wrong this season, and make an elite one-two punch. The only thing that is of concern, is STAT's health.

dxmuN.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   basketballfanatic

basketballfanatic

Rookie

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

I really miss Amare when he was in Phoenix. Deadly perimeter and perfect for pick and roll from Nash

#9 OFFLINE   Jan_Sobieski™

Jan_Sobieski™

#Polish- Slavic Swag

• Members
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Word on the streets say he might be done. Best result would be a back up role.

You never put a limit onto the Citizens.

melo-and-the-wonderful-knicks1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users