Photo

Potential teams of the future to watch out for.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

1. Denver Nuggets: I honestly believe that the Nuggets time is coming. If there is one thing you need over 82 games and then the playoffs it's depth and the Nuggets have that, they also have balance, a great coach who is often underrated and some potential superstars in Gallinari and Faried. I'd argue that no side in the NBA has more depth, more potential in its ranks and more efficiency from it's team. Oh and did I mention the altitude being a massive advantage? Their talent belies the 12-12 record, you have been warned.

2.Minnesota Timberwolves: Whatever happens with Kevin love, this is a good young team with some good depth and balance. A wealth of point guards including potential one of the best in the league in Ricky. An impressive young SF who is learning it seems from AK47 by the game and that can only be a good thing, either the best PF in the game or a package that would take I would imagine a SG, PF and C or perhaps SF and SG? Who knows the options are there for sure! A promising PF when he leaves anyway plus nice back up and one of the most underrated C's in the game. Definitely one to watch. 12-9? Yeah that won't last.

3. Portland Trailblazers: What? Okay it will all go wrong for them it always does they're more cursed than the Clippers now that's for sure BUT I like their starting 5 potentially, they just need a better bench. I mean seriously Lillard, Matthews, Batum, LMA, Hickson, that's a great balanced starting 5 that could give any team a game. Some clever moves in FA and they could be in the mix sooner rather than later. 10-12? Not for long.

4. New Orleans Hornets/Pelicans. Don't leave just yet, at least hear me out? :P This team has a starting point, they have 3 PF's who all contribute and one who could become the best in the game in time in Anthony Davis and they also have a very underrated C in Robin Lopez. Xavier Henry is a bust but I wouldn't be against giving Rivers the keys to drive this offense because I believe he has the talent and will only get better. Vasquez is a good Point Guard and I like Roberts as the backup as well and if Aminu's demands arn't too high then he would make a good back up PF for them for the future. Okay so where's the problem? Eric Gordon clearly doesn't want to be there, so next year you trade him, you take your nice high draft pick and you acquire a top C and SG to replace him and then you have yourselves a nice little team. Much nicer than say 5-17.

5. Cleveland Cavaliers: Kyrie Irving, is there much more that needs to be said? Okay then how about cap room? A good C in Varejao and experienced, a potential star in Waiters, 13m expiring not to mention the 10m cap I eluded to already. A high draft pick? Ironically the best thing that could happen would be if they rested Irving this year, a lot! Tyler Zeller is also one to watch for me. 5-20? Not a chance in hell next season if Kyrie stays fit.

I will bet anyone now that all these teams have significantly better records next year than they do this other than the Nuggets who shouldn't have to wait that long.

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#2 OFFLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 17,719 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'd easily have to say between the Wizards, Bobcats, or Cavaliers. All three teams aren't doing well so far this season, but I like the youth that Charlotte brings with Walker, MKG and Sessions, I really like how Irving has been doing so far this season and he can be a potential star, Waiters is a nice player, Varejao is a great hustler and rebounder, and Thompson and Zeller are both nice bigs. Finally, the Wizards have some good talent. Wall is coming back soon and with Wall setting up his teammates for open looks, I think this team will be on the rise in the near future.

HNL: Bulls GM
1 Championship, 2 Finals Appearances

GSL: Sonics GM

#3 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

I'd easily have to say between the Wizards, Bobcats, or Cavaliers. All three teams aren't doing well so far this season, but I like the youth that Charlotte brings with Walker, MKG and Sessions, I really like how Irving has been doing so far this season and he can be a potential star, Waiters is a nice player, Varejao is a great hustler and rebounder, and Thompson and Zeller are both nice bigs. Finally, the Wizards have some good talent. Wall is coming back soon and with Wall setting up his teammates for open looks, I think this team will be on the rise in the near future.

I think the Wiz will finish dead last if not second to and so it will all come down to the draft for them and that's why I'm reluctant to put them in the convo. I love the 1-2 punch of Oak and Nene and Crawford and Wall are obviously one's to watch but they need to pick out a PF or SF in the draft and see what they can get for Ariza unless he's happy coming off the bench before they can approach the level the other teams on the list are at or can get to easier.

shakira.gif?w=300

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#4 OFFLINE   probskN

probskN

Nina > Ariana

• HN Journalists
  • 6,931 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Blazers and Warriors. Warriors are gonna be beast and they've already showed it this season. Blazers are gonna be sick, Damian Lillard is an absolute monster. Mark my words, DAMIAN LILLARD WILL WIN ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. Got that?
  • StupidCreations likes this

308a8fq.png

#5 OFFLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 17,719 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

I think the Wiz will finish dead last if not second to and so it will all come down to the draft for them and that's why I'm reluctant to put them in the convo. I love the 1-2 punch of Oak and Nene and Crawford and Wall are obviously one's to watch but they need to pick out a PF or SF in the draft and see what they can get for Ariza unless he's happy coming off the bench before they can approach the level the other teams on the list are at or can get to easier.

Haven't ever been the biggest fan of Jordan Crawford. IMO, although he's had a slow start to the year, he'll get better once John Wall comes back. They do need a better SF, although I do feel like Ariza is the best SF in Washington due to his ability to play on both sides of the ball. If they can draft Sabazz, then I feel like this team is set for the future. I also like their backups Booker and Seraphin.

HNL: Bulls GM
1 Championship, 2 Finals Appearances

GSL: Sonics GM

#6 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

The reason that the Warriors weren't included is they're not a team of the future of .500 or less, they are there NOW.

shakira.gif?w=300

#7 OFFLINE   Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Bateman

• Members
  • 10,921 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

this is a good list, all these teams have a bright future.

patrick-bateman-card_zpseb5cad13.png

New card, What do think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users