Photo

Do you believe Shabazz Muhammad is the next real deal in the NBA?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   *RUDY*

*RUDY*

Save the kings KJ

• Banned
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

A player that basically shows he's NBA ready in his first year. Averaging above 20 points in his rookie season. An establish ellite shooting guard within his 2nd or 3rd year. Somebody that belongs in the same category as other superstar two guards like ( Kobe , Dwade, Jordan etc). A great player on both ends of the floor.

#2 OFFLINE   Kleeps

Kleeps

Intern

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

He's NBA ready, but he's not going to be a star. His jumper isn't good enough, he's not mobile enough, and he's a bit lacking in the post on the offensive end. I'd say Andrew Wiggins could definitely be a perennial all-star. His jumper is wet, he has pogo-sticks for legs, and he still has 2 years to develop even more.

lebron-james-photobomb-o.gif

#3 OFFLINE   *RUDY*

*RUDY*

Save the kings KJ

• Banned
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

He's NBA ready, but he's not going to be a star. His jumper isn't good enough, he's not mobile enough, and he's a bit lacking in the post on the offensive end. I'd say Andrew Wiggins could definitely be a perennial all-star. His jumper is wet, he has pogo-sticks for legs, and he still has 2 years to develop even more.

so your saying he has no chance of developing a sufficient jump shot in the pro leagues? Jordan and Wade weren't great jump shooters either during their early seasons.

#4 OFFLINE   Nowitzness

Nowitzness

Snipers rule

• Members
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

He needs to stay all four years first. That way he can get in better shape

#5 OFFLINE   Kleeps

Kleeps

Intern

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

so your saying he has no chance of developing a sufficient jump shot in the pro leagues? Jordan and Wade weren't great jump shooters either during their early seasons.

Jordan and Wade weren't "sufficient" jump shooters. Wade has a great mid-range game that is good for him because he can get past NBA defenders. Jordan developed a great jumper. However, he also had the ability to get past defenders. Shabazz won't be able to get past NBA defenders at will and therefore he won't be open for jumpers. That's why a "sufficient" jumper isn't good enough to be an elite player.

lebron-james-photobomb-o.gif

#6 OFFLINE   ISOMELO

ISOMELO

Rae

• 5,229 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

I think he can become a multi-time All-Star, in his first year he can average 15 a game. He is very athletic and he recently lost a lot of weight as he was a victim of the "Freshman 15". He already has an NBA-ready body, he's built like a tank at 6'6 225 lbs. I don't know why he has the reputation as a terrible shooter, he actually has a smooth lefty form. Shabazz is shooting over 40% from three collegiately. Shabazz just lacks some offensive polish, his left hand isn't there yet, and it would be beneficial for him to improve his post game.
Personally I think Andrew Wiggins is the real deal, he's coming in the '14 Draft and has received less hype than the overrated Jabari Parker. Wiggins is a Pippen-esque athlete he has that vert, quickness and length. His jumpshot is out of this world, he looks amazing for his age.
tumblr_n11so4VD2Q1rdqggno1_400.giftumblr_mjmh37fgsm1ql5dzao1_400.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users