146 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kill BeIl

Kill BeIl

Ball hard D-waiters

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Posted Image

1. Scoring - Kyrie can score the ball just as well as anybody in the league. He can do it from anywhere on the court and is a threat at all times.
He can take it to the hole better than rondo and his shot is dependable unlike rondo who you can just sag off of.
Other teams use that to their advantage against rondo. When he is on, he is on. but when you give him room to shoot and he misses, that ruins his confidence and he'll throw up more bricks than Dwight Doward at the freethrow line.

Though he has only played in 14 games this season,
he is averaging an outstanding 24 ppg on 47% FG and 42% from deep.
Also just had a career high 41 points against a good defensive knicks team.

now lets look at Rondo
13 ppg on 51% FG and 21% from deep.
Although i do applaud rondo for his 51% FG, its not that impressive since he takes very little shots.

2. Clutch - How many times has Kyrie Irving brought his team back while they were down 20+
How many clutch shots has he already hit in his so young career?
Knicks fans and celtic fans can tell you about that.
Kyrie Irving already has more game winners in his 2 year career than Rondo who has been in the league for a while. Thats crazy isnt it?

This kid lives for this moment and isnt afraid to take the last shot. He thrives for this moment unlike rondo who missed 3 game winners last week and none of them touched the rim.
Kyrie is averagin close to 10 ppg in the 4th quarter btw

3. Ceiling - Kyrie Irving by far has a higher ceiling than Rondo and im pretty sure any GM in this league would rather build around him than rondo.
With this only being his second year, hes already a top 4 pg in the league and can only get better.
When he improves his passing, boy he will be a 24 and 10 guy

Rebounding - Even though Rondo is averagin 5 rpg compared to Kyries 4 rpg, keep in mind that Kyrie is playing with the best rebounder in the league as of now who is averaging about 14 rpg.

Both average 4 rpg for their career so i say its a wash

4. Harder To Guard - While you think this may be a stupid reason as to why i think Kyrie Irving is better than Rondo, its true.

Kyrie Irving is way harder to defend than Rondo.
All you have to do is sag off of Rondo at all times and let him shoot and he isnt that affective anymore.
Teams NEVER double team Rondo and always double team Kyrie

Kyrie is harder to guard because he can do almost everything better than rondo offensively and there is almost nothing he cant do

When i think of the two players, rondo reminds me of a Magic Johnson type player because of how he can get you a triple double on any given night.

And Kyrie Irving reminds me of Michael Jordan because of his great scoring ability and how he can take over a game and be clutch.

So just because Magic was a better all around player than Michael Jordan, does that make him the better choice? Absolutely not.
So why cant the same be said for Kyrie?
  • Nowitzness and Ivan like this

tWAO9.png

#2 ONLINE   Nowitzness

Nowitzness

Gamer

• Members
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

TOLD UMMMMM
  • Jan_Sobieski™ likes this

#3 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

aunt jemima hoyo hoyo

• 15,931 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

I think Rondo is better right now, but Kyrie will surpass him either next year or the year after.

W1UezfD.gif

#4 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

• Members
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

How does that make him better? All this says is that hes a better scorer, clutch is overrated and Irving probably isnt as clutch as Rondo anyway. The whole "ceiling" thing means nothing but who will be better in the future. And why bring up rebounding if its a wash? Like really?

foAptyU.png

9kAfPC8.png

#5 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,155 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

Should be called why Kyrie should be better than Rondo and everyone else in the near future.

People love to go after Rondo but time and again he proves them wrong.

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#6 OFFLINE   Kill BeIl

Kill BeIl

Ball hard D-waiters

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

How does that make him better? All this says is that hes a better scorer, clutch is overrated and Irving probably isnt as clutch as Rondo anyway. The whole "ceiling" thing means nothing but who will be better in the future. And why bring up rebounding if its a wash? Like really?

If u watch Kyrie Irving play sometime, you will know why hes better

There is a reason why teams double team kyrie a lot and NEVER double team rondo IJS

tWAO9.png

#7 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

• Members
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

If u watch Kyrie Irving play sometime, you will know why hes better

There is a reason why teams double team kyrie a lot and NEVER double team rondo IJS

Thats because Cleveland has 1 dangerous player on offense and thats Irving, teams can't afford to leave Bostons other players open to double Rondo.

foAptyU.png

9kAfPC8.png

#8 ONLINE   PaulTrillsap

PaulTrillsap

Most Influential Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Irving is so overrated. Some people in the beginning of this season had him as a top 5 PG :banghead:

I'm LeBron Jamesufdup.png you a fukking rookie pacspit.gif

#9 OFFLINE   Kill BeIl

Kill BeIl

Ball hard D-waiters

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Thats because Cleveland has 1 dangerous player on offense and thats Irving, teams can't afford to leave Bostons other players open to double Rondo.

No its because there is absolutely no reason to double team rondo. All you have to do is sag off of him.
Even if he played on the cavs, i guarantee you rondo would almost never get double teamed.

Irving is so overrated. Some people in the beginning of this season had him as a top 5 PG :banghead:

So he isnt a top 5 pg? lol get real

tWAO9.png

#10 OFFLINE   The Real G

The Real G

Shake and Bake

• Members
  • 7,591 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

From all your posts, I feel like you are living in the past. KD IS the 2nd best player. Kyrie IS a top 5 PG.

2mxzF90.png?1?4543

#11 ONLINE   Frosty

Frosty

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

• Members
  • 26,192 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

No its because there is absolutely no reason to double team rondo. All you have to do is sag off of him.
Even if he played on the cavs, i guarantee you rondo would almost never get double teamed.

So he isnt a top 5 pg? lol get real

even so, scoring isn't the entire game, Rondo is the better passer, rebounder, defender, leader, almost everything besides scoring.

And no, Irving isn't top 5, theres still guys like CP3, Rondo, Williams, Rose, Westbrook, Parker, and Nash in the league

foAptyU.png

9kAfPC8.png

#12 OFFLINE   Kill BeIl

Kill BeIl

Ball hard D-waiters

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

even so, scoring isn't the entire game, Rondo is the better passer, rebounder, defender, leader, almost everything besides scoring.

And no, Irving isn't top 5, theres still guys like CP3, Rondo, Williams, Rose, Westbrook, Parker, and Nash in the league

You can't be serious saying that nash is a better player than kyrie at this point in his career. This isnt 06.

Deron williams is in one of the worst slumps of his career and hes been in that slump ever since he got to the Nets. He is definitely not better than Kyrie Irving.

Parker is arguable but i give Kyrie the nod.

Rose is out of the question since hes injured.

tWAO9.png

#13 ONLINE   PaulTrillsap

PaulTrillsap

Most Influential Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

From all your posts, I feel like you are living in the past. KD IS the 2nd best player. Kyrie IS a top 5 PG.

Everybody's got opinions. Kyrie isn't really great at anything. He's a horrible defender, a average passer, and a good scorer. And KD up until this season was a one dimensional player, i'm still not ready to say he's multi-dimensional. He's averaging a lot of TO's again and his all around game is inconsistent af. He'll have one game w/ 10 boards and 4 assists then the next finish w/ 5 and 2

I'm LeBron Jamesufdup.png you a fukking rookie pacspit.gif

#14 OFFLINE   Dante

Dante

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 7,965 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Sorry, strongly disagreed. Rajon Rondo is better than Irving by quite a bit. The future isn't now, and therefore not what we're talking about. If this was a "who was a better scorer", sure Kyrie wins, but that's pretty much it.

Freddie-Gibbs-Madlib.jpg?resize=500%2C29

#15 OFFLINE   TDot

TDot

Chance

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

I think Rondo is better right now, but Kyrie will surpass him either next year or the year after.

Who cares

Stephen Curry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2j3mhpt.gifFAT SHIT GANG2j3mhpt.gif

#16 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

aunt jemima hoyo hoyo

• 15,931 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Who cares

Stephen Curry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NO LIE BRUH

W1UezfD.gif

#17 OFFLINE   Tony

Tony

50 Greatest Posters in H-N History

• Members
  • 2,964 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Play styles are different, competitiveness is the same. Kyrie Irving likes to shoot and has a lot to learn if he wants to be considered one of the best point guards in the league. He'll eventually impact his identity in his style of play. Rajon Rondo, likes to pass. A potential superstar and leader, still in prime and doing what he does best. Can't really contrast the two, both have different styles. A Kyrie Irving and Russel Westbrook matchup would be interesting and also in my opinion, fit together in category. Same with Rajon Rondo and Chris Paul.

I gotta give you credit though, great reasoning and a very interesting read.

#18 OFFLINE   Kill BeIl

Kill BeIl

Ball hard D-waiters

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Play styles are different, competitiveness is the same. Kyrie Irving likes to shoot and has a lot to learn if he wants to be considered one of the best point guards in the league. He'll eventually impact his identity in his style of play. Rajon Rondo, likes to pass. A potential superstar and leader, still in prime and doing what he does best. Can't really contrast the two, both have different styles. A Kyrie Irving and Russel Westbrook matchup would be interesting and also in my opinion, fit together in category. Same with Rajon Rondo and Chris Paul.

I gotta give you credit though, great reasoning and a very interesting read.

Yea now that i think about it, a Russell Westbrook and Kyrie Irving comparison wouldve been better.

And thanks

tWAO9.png

#19 OFFLINE   TDot

TDot

Chance

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

NO LIE BRUH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQZMaG1eO74

• Ant™ likes this

2j3mhpt.gifFAT SHIT GANG2j3mhpt.gif

#20 OFFLINE   The Real G

The Real G

Shake and Bake

• Members
  • 7,591 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Everybody's got opinions. Kyrie isn't really great at anything. He's a horrible defender, a average passer, and a good scorer. And KD up until this season was a one dimensional player, i'm still not ready to say he's multi-dimensional. He's averaging a lot of TO's again and his all around game is inconsistent af. He'll have one game w/ 10 boards and 4 assists then the next finish w/ 5 and 2

How isnt he great at anything? He is one of the best scorer in the league.

And for KD, who is the second best then? Howard(lol)? Kobe? Wade? Paul?

2mxzF90.png?1?4543

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users