Photo

Will Kyrie Irving ever be the best player in the league?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Pusha Key

Pusha Key

• Members
  • 13,662 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Do you think that he can eventually be the best in the league?

Imo in his prime he will be a 29-8 player and lead his team to a couple finals appearances. Hes proved hes clutch and has the work ethic to be the best in the league so do you think he will pull it all together
hey.

#2 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

As long as either prime LeBron or Durant are in the league (= around 10 more years), he won't be the best.

Generally, I don't think he'll ever be the best. He'll be a superstar but not THE best. No.
Let's not overrate Irving. I'm one of those who expect Irving to be great but let's not overriacte.

He won't be better than Rose either IMO.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#3 ONLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

UNDEFEATED

• Global Moderators
  • 18,261 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I think he'll be injury prone all throughout his career. Already he's broken a jaw, a hand, a finger and sprained his shoulder.

Without the injury issues I think he'll be "second" to Durant for the rest of his career unless he either leaves Cleveland or gets some help. He probably won't even be the best point guard as long as Rondo & Westbrook are around.

ite5ZtfN7zO2U.gif

#4 OFFLINE   Raza 10

Raza 10

Purrrr

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

As long as Kevin Durant is in the league (which will probably be through Kyrie's prime), I doubt it.

#5 ONLINE   Bayzus

Bayzus

oh

• Administrators
  • 15,966 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

No he won't be the best player in the league any time soon... maybe best PG EVENTUALLY. But there's a lot of young PGs with a lot of talent so even that will be a challenge for him. I don't think he will average 8 assists at any point of his career, also.

usadance.0.gif

#6 OFFLINE   Lil Kyrie™

Lil Kyrie™

New York Knicks 2012-2013

• Members
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Nah but the time will come when is the best point guard in the league . I agree that he's injury prone like come on he just returned from a injury and what happens he break his jaw .

run4fun808.gif?dateline=1365332746HNL SUNS GM

RtSPYU.gif

#7 OFFLINE   Tony Hops

Tony Hops

Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII

• Banned
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Not as long as LeBron is still breathing. But he is going to be ELITE in his prime. He's so skilled and is like a Derrick Rose but with an even better shot.

The next step is to see whether he can put the Cavaliers on the map just like that one Guy a couple of years back.
Give me an address I WILL COME TO YOU.

#8 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch

Bleed Green

• HN Journalists
  • 13,905 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

No. Durant is only like 24, so he will always be better. Lebron is about 30 so he has like 8 years left too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Lil Kyrie™

Lil Kyrie™

New York Knicks 2012-2013

• Members
  • 5,998 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Not as long as LeBron is still breathing. But he is going to be ELITE in his prime. He's so skilled and is like a Derrick Rose but with an even better shot.

The next step is to see whether he can put the Cavaliers on the map just like that one Guy a couple of years back.

the only way he can put the Cavs on the map is if they continue to suck and get into the lottery and gather a young but efficient line up strong enough to compete . They already got a good young core just a few more pieces

run4fun808.gif?dateline=1365332746HNL SUNS GM

RtSPYU.gif

#10 OFFLINE   ☣David ☣

☣David ☣

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

No. Durant is only like 24, so he will always be better. Lebron is about 30 so he has like 8 years left too.

Heat, Clippers, Rockets and Nets fan.

#11 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 26,344 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

I think he'll have his chance.

bGmrLYl.gif

#12 ONLINE   probskN

probskN

girl why u mufasa

• HN Journalists
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

I don't see him becoming the best player in the league, but I do see him becoming the best point guard down the road. The guy has all the skills a point guard needs. Defensively, he's pretty set. He has the quickness to keep up with anybody in the league although he is not the fastest point guard in the league (guys like Wall, Hill, and Teague surpass him in that category). He has a natural ability to score not only easily, but whenever he wants. He has the rare ability to know exactly when to score and give his team the best chance of winning. His passing is great. The kid has all of the great assests and fundamentals to be the best point guard in the game. However, I think that Kevin Durant will always have a step up on him just because he is an amazing scorer and will be the best player in the league come the time that LeBron slows down, if that ever even happens.

#13 OFFLINE   The Irving show

The Irving show

All-Star

• Banned
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Well unless he gets injured I dont see whats stopping him. I think Chris Paul had that potential until his knee injury and Irving reminds of CP just without the court vision but a better scorer. So unless he has a serious injury I think he has the potential too.

#14 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

aunt jemima hoyo hoyo

• 15,817 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

I don't see him becoming the best player in the league, but I do see him becoming the best point guard down the road. The guy has all the skills a point guard needs. Defensively, he's pretty set. He has the quickness to keep up with anybody in the league although he is not the fastest point guard in the league (guys like Wall, Hill, and Teague surpass him in that category). He has a natural ability to score not only easily, but whenever he wants. He has the rare ability to know exactly when to score and give his team the best chance of winning. His passing is great. The kid has all of the great assests and fundamentals to be the best point guard in the game. However, I think that Kevin Durant will always have a step up on him just because he is an amazing scorer and will be the best player in the league come the time that LeBron slows down, if that ever even happens.

He isnt a great passer

tumblr_n8p0edKPnc1siipgno1_500.png

#15 ONLINE   probskN

probskN

girl why u mufasa

• HN Journalists
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

He isnt a great passer

He's a good passer, not great. Still needs to work on it, but he can get the job done passing the ball.

#16 OFFLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

I'M A BOOZER

• Members
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Doesn't need to be the best.

Just win.

w-xCmjDZOWNsH-Q9HLKcRFB8C24.gif

The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team. -John Wooden

#17 OFFLINE   Kenny

Kenny

GOLF?

• Banned
  • 11,520 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm very high on Kyrie Irving. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 3 player in the league some day.

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   MaverixFan

MaverixFan

MFFL STRONG

• Members
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

No becuz Durant is still young and once lebron is outta his prime, KD will be the best, and once KD gets older, Kylie will be outta his prime

BeFunky_null_2.jpg.jpg

DALLAS MAVERICKS 2014-2015

#19 OFFLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 17,786 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Definitely not IMO. Barring injuries, Durant and Lebron will still dominate as the best players in the league throughout Irving's career. Do I think he can become eventually the best PG in the league? Maybe. Maybe even a top 3 player at max, but to Durant's prime stretching over Irving's prime, I don't think Irving will ever be the best player in the league. The kid is a good scorer and a solid rebounder and play amer but doesn't look like best player in the league material.

HNL: Los Angeles Lakers GM

GSL: Seattle Supersonics GM

#20 OFFLINE   Brad

Brad

Starter

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Nah, maybe best PG in the league at some point. Even saying that would be a stretch. Realistically, he will probably be in the top 5 active players in the league, years from now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users