• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Makaveli

Makaveli

Welcome to LA Randle

• Members
  • 7,714 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

If he gets traded OR the Timberwolves go 1st or 2nd seed with Kevin Love playing like he did last season (26-13) you think he is a future MVP?

#KD4MVP #JonBonesJones #WileECoyote #DamianFuckingLilliard #ReggieFuckingJackson

Posted Image

Braves GM - 180-84 franchise record

#2 OFFLINE   Jan_Sobieski™

Jan_Sobieski™

#Polish- Slavic Swag

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

He will be top 5 for a couple years.

You never put a limit onto the Citizens.

melo-and-the-wonderful-knicks1.gif

#3 OFFLINE   Nashty

Nashty

Amaterasu

• Members
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

I doubt it, He is a great rebounder. But he is not the type of offensive player that most MVP winners have been.

tumblr_mqpazvI1hh1sym0a4o1_500.gif

tumblr_nbdynoT22Q1tifa8io1_500.gif

#4 OFFLINE   Lil Kyrie™

Lil Kyrie™

New York Knicks 2012-2013

• Members
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

I doubt it, He is a great rebounder. But he is not the type of offensive player that most MVP winners have been.

yea you're right he just doesn't have that type of spark on the offensive side like the past 2 MVP's

run4fun808.gif?dateline=1365332746HNL SUNS GM

RtSPYU.gif

#5 OFFLINE   Nashty

Nashty

Amaterasu

• Members
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

yea you're right he just doesn't have that type of spark on the offensive side like the past 2 MVP's

Yeah, compared to guys like Rose, Lebron, Kobe, Dirk and Nash, he's weak offensively. He gets a good amount of points but on terrible efficiency, and he hasn't led his team yet to a record good enough to be MVP worthy.

But he could one day, but he obviously would have to improve his game to get a chance at the trophy.

#6 ONLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

• Global Moderators
  • 19,364 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Easily. If he ever plays on a contender he'll be heavily considered for MVP. His production is insane, the issue has always been that his numbers don't match his teams record. Its the only thing holding him back from being a superstar.

tumblr_ner2atISSi1r3mm52o1_500.gif

"It's raining on all the places we're free to go" - Brandon Heat

#7 OFFLINE   yoonie

yoonie

Rookie

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

definitely not. still on a long way there.... but not impossible

#8 OFFLINE   ☣David ☣

☣David ☣

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

His FG% lately....
Heat, Clippers, Rockets and Nets fan.

#9 OFFLINE   probskN

probskN

#CHUCKHAYES

• Members
  • 6,998 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

I don't think he's the type of player that will ever be considered an MVP. To me, I think of Montee Ball, runningback for Wisconsin. He was in contention for the Heisman trophy, but never won because he isn't a Heisman-type player. I think that it'll be the same issue for Kevin Love. He'll be in consideration for MVP, but may never win one just because he doesn't really seem like an MVP to me. He'll be great, but he won't be the best player in the league however great numbers he puts up. The other thing that I think will hinder him is that to win an MVP, he'll have to go to a different team, but the problem is, he may not even be the best player on that team. I don't see him getting to the first or second seed with the Timberwolves, so no, I don't see him winning an MVP later in his career.

DxhMH7n.gif

#10 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Let's see if he can improve but I don't know about MVP, had a great season last year though.

He's been playing awful lately, coming off of injury though.

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#11 OFFLINE   Raza 10

Raza 10

Purrrr

• Members
  • 7,952 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Well you said playing like he was last season...

The last person to (statistically) do what Love did last season as far as my knowledge goes what Shaq. Throw in the notion that Shaq absolutely dominated everybody with his size and Kevin Love is merely an average white guy, you know the guy needs skills beyond belief. He shot 45/37/80. If the Timberwolves draft or trade for another star with Rubio and Love they have a shot at a top 3 of 4 record in the West. I don't see why he can't get MVP putting up those numbers and leading his team to that position..

But we know the Wolves won't do that, and even if they do, Love's numbers would go down.

#12 OFFLINE   Fakhrul

Fakhrul

Madness is Delicious!

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

His offensive ability on mid-range and close shots don't look special to me.Unless he improved his mid-range and defense, i doubt it.

Posted Image

Goat Battle

#13 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

We don't know how his numbers would look like at a top 4 (in the conference) team but I don't think he'd be a strong contender for the MVP.

His offensive game is very limited which makes it pretty difficult to consistently dominate a game on that end. Also, as a big, he's kinda of a whole on defense (just because he's a big).
His rebounding though is a big plus as he's really dominant.

The ultimate argument I make against him is his inconsistency on offense since he relies only on his jump shot which is from long distance more often than not.

Finally, he's not proven as a leader (I think a legit superstar would do better with last year's Timberwolves. JMO) but he gets the benefit of the doubt.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Nashty

Nashty

Amaterasu

• Members
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

The only consistent part about Love's game is his rebounding.

#15 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

I think he can be an MVP one day... however, it's going to be when the Wolves will be a top 5 team in the West.

DxhMH7n.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users