• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Tony Hops

Tony Hops

Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII

• Banned
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

I observed the Knicks' defense a couple of times this season and have to admit it's pretty damn good. Chandler has always done a great job on the interior, but the perimeter defense has improved significantly since last year. And to think they still don't even have Iman Shumpert back!

And the offense... They're playing more cohesively with better ball-movement. I really forgot how great of a point-guard Jason Kidd truly was. Melo is back in superstar form and it's showing. The Knicks for the first team are playing like a TEAM. In my opinion they are a serious threat to come out the East.
Give me an address I WILL COME TO YOU.

#2 OFFLINE   Sean

Sean

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 9,673 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

I think they can keep this up for the rest of the season and be the 1 or 2 seed, but idk bout the playoffs

#3 OFFLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

Megatron Part II

• Global Moderators
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Yep. I give them a shot @ knocking off the Heat.

ibyHQEpSsCkQuC.gif

#4 OFFLINE   TGIA

TGIA

TGIA

• Administrators
  • 19,012 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I think so.

We got dat defense, we got dat clutch, we got dat superstar, we got dat bench, we got dat offense.

colin-kaepernick-run.gif

#5 OFFLINE   Tony Hops

Tony Hops

Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII

• Banned
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

I think so.

We got dat defense, we got dat clutch, we got dat clutchness, we got dat superstar, we got dat bench, we dat offense.

THEY GET BUCKETS
Give me an address I WILL COME TO YOU.

#6 ONLINE   ISOMELO

ISOMELO

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 5,271 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Most definitely, we are a threat. We play great team basketball on both sides of the ball, guys like J.R. Smith and Carmelo Anthony who aren't known as great defenders are trying hard defensively. This team simply does not turn the ball over. Jason Kidd has resurrected his career, Carmelo Anthony is playing like a superstar no doubt. He's been absolutely lights out from three, so far he's made 55 threes on about 45%. He's also putting up the best TS% and PER of his career. He currently has a 26 PER, that makes him an MVP candidate. Watch when Shumpert and Amar'e get back, if they play to their capability it should make us even better.
tumblr_n11so4VD2Q1rdqggno1_400.giftumblr_mjmh37fgsm1ql5dzao1_400.gif

#7 OFFLINE   TGIA

TGIA

TGIA

• Administrators
  • 19,012 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

THEY GET BUCKETS

Trade Felton for Kyrie

Trade Amare for Love

Who could get more buckets then us????

colin-kaepernick-run.gif

#8 OFFLINE   aznkid

aznkid

Genius

• Members
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

The Knicks are a legit threat this year. I have them getting one of the top 3 seeds currently. if they keep playing well, they definitely will be a team to be reckoned with.

azn: wow TGIA, u should become president and create the Allahcaust                                                                          6:46 PM

TBH IJS JMO

#9 OFFLINE   yoonie

yoonie

Rookie

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Knicks are legit but inconsistent. nuff said. most of the teams are LOL

#10 ONLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 17,844 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Yes, they are indeed a threat in the Eastern Conference. To me, they have the best chance at knocking off the Heat out of any team in the East. One of the better teams in terms of depth, they have great three point shooting from Smith, Wallace, Novak and Melo, they have a go to scorer in Anthony, have two post threats in Stoudemire and Chandler, and they have great defensive players like Ronnie Brewer, Iman Shumpert and Tyson Chandler. Add to the fact that Carmelo Anthony is playing the best overall defense and basketball of his career, and the Knicks do indeed have a great shot at knocking down the defending champs.

HNL: Los Angeles Lakers GM

GSL: Seattle Supersonics GM

#11 OFFLINE   DJtheCap™

DJtheCap™

r8 it 8/8 m8

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I think they're legit, it will still be tough to beat the heat though because sooner or later they will come around. Everything is humming along right now though, this is the most balanced and flowing the team has looked... ever.

fb7c54e3437eed88a91251c87041688e.480x286

step up m8

#12 OFFLINE   probskN

probskN

girl why u mufasa

• HN Journalists
  • 6,947 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Knicks are legit but inconsistent. nuff said. most of the teams are LOL

Maybe earlier they were inconsistent, but this season they haven't really been. They've won all but one game at home and have a winning record on the road and have beat a lot of great teams. I'm not sure what's so inconsistent about them. The Heat are a lot more inconsistent if you ask me.

As for them being legit, I think that they are, but I don't see them beating the Heat yet. I think that they will be a threat to all teams and could easily take any team to seven games in a playoff series, but I'm still not sure about how they'll fare in the playoffs. Last year, they dealt with two torn ACLs to two key players which was a big part of the reason they lost. This year, chances are that that won't happen, but you never know. Without injuries and whatever seed they come in, I still don't see them winning the Finals, not to mention even get there. I think that they are legit and could be in future years, but they will have to experience losing in the playoffs another one or two times before I see them seriously contending for a title and knocking off the Heat.

#13 OFFLINE   Jan_Sobieski™

Jan_Sobieski™

#Polish- Slavic Swag

• Members
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Top four in the East.

You never put a limit onto the Citizens.

melo-and-the-wonderful-knicks1.gif

#14 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,973 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Yeah the Knicks are pretty legit this season! Felton and Kidd addition has been HUGE for them. Great to see them doing well after seeing them struggle for so many years!

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#15 OFFLINE   Jan_Sobieski™

Jan_Sobieski™

#Polish- Slavic Swag

• Members
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Right in that pile of feces lays a Knicks team made out of gold. They are almost there.

You never put a limit onto the Citizens.

melo-and-the-wonderful-knicks1.gif

#16 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

I'm still not sold on the Knicks being top tier contenders as I think that the Heat, the Thunder and the Spurs are on a different level.

Melo will have to prove his leadership in the playoffs and we have to see how things will work out when Amar'e comes back because it's not only the question mark on how he'll gell with Melo but he'll have to take shots away from Melo and JR Smith.
Their defense is a positive sign to say the least.

Only time will tell IMO.
  • TGIA likes this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   Poohdini

Poohdini

The One Who Knocks

• Members
  • 9,573 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

nooooope

you take that 3 away and they will struggle allot

iQGNLrtptj5Np.gifiABvnrIB8UpFz.gif

#18 OFFLINE   Ivan

Ivan

Save us TB5

• Members
  • 7,640 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

While the Knicks look like a really great team right now. We all know that they fade in the middle of the season and lose in the first round.

tumblr_lykqq5n9mg1qe4k9m.gif vikings_cpatterson84_runningloop.gif?v=5

#19 OFFLINE   TGIA

TGIA

TGIA

• Administrators
  • 19,012 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

I'm still not sold on the Knicks being top tier contenders as I think that the Heat, the Thunder and the Spurs are on a different level.

Melo will have to prove his leadership in the playoffs and we have to see how things will work out when Amar'e comes back because it's not only the question mark on how he'll gell with Melo but he'll have to take shots away from Melo and JR Smith.
Their defense is a positive sign to say the least.

Only time will tell IMO.

Lol, only answer that was against the Knicks that actually made sense.

I hope Felton can make Amar'e go back to his old form when he first came to Knicks.

colin-kaepernick-run.gif

#20 OFFLINE   THUNDERSTRUCK

THUNDERSTRUCK

Starter

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Don't be surprised if they beat the Heat and advance to the finals. They're a pretty deep team and they can't be stopped from the perimeter. I just hope Amar'e fits in well and doesn't ruin their chemistry.

35mnr4p.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users