Redraft the top 10 of the 2012 draft

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sean

Sean

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 9,175 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

It's early to say who's a bust and who's a star in the making, but im sure some teams would go different on draft night if they had the chance. It's also kind of hard to redraft this early because many of the rookies have struggled. Here's my top 10 if there was a redraft

1. NO- Anthony Davis
2. CHA- Michael Kidd Gilchrist
3. WAS- Andre Drummond
4. CLE- Bradley Beal
5. SAC- Damian Lillard
6. POR- Dion Waiters
7. GS- Harrison Barnes
8. TOR- Terrence Ross
9. DET- Thomas Robinson
10. NO- Tyler Zeller
  • Pusha Key likes this

#2 OFFLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

• HN Members
  • 16,170 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

1. NO- Anthony Davis
3. WAS- Dion Waiters
4. CLE- Bradley Beal
5. SAC- Andre Drummond
6. POR- Damien Lilliard
7. GS- Harrison Barnes
8. TOR- Andrew Nicholson
9. DET- Thomas Robinson
10. NO- Maurice Harkless

The last thing the Kings need is another talented guard. Idk what their issue is but it isn't personnel related.

ib11WAqf5J7DxS.gifi1WsvbSkT93BO.gif

#3 OFFLINE   Sean

Sean

• 9,175 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

The last thing the Kings need is another talented guard.

Lol Lillard is the best thing left on the board tho

#4 OFFLINE   The Irving show

The Irving show

All-Star

• Banned
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Waiters>Beal and I would put Andrew Nicholson over Tyler Zeller. Nicholson is a beast on the lows.

#5 OFFLINE   Sean

Sean

• 9,175 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Waiters>Beal and I would put Andrew Nicholson over Tyler Zeller. Nicholson is a beast on the lows.

I dont think theyd do that because they wanna play davis at PF. And the first statement is arguable

#6 OFFLINE   The Irving show

The Irving show

All-Star

• Banned
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

I dont think theyd do that because they wanna play davis at PF. And the first statement is arguable

He is still better than Zeller and in the draft you should always draft for the best talent possible cuz if you gamble your gonna lose more than you win especially the further you get away from the top 5. And against small lineups (which a lot of NBA teams are doing nowadays) Davis and Nicholson would be able to play together.

and I think they are only playing Davis at PF until he matures and develops into his frame because he is actually a center just too undersized at this stage in his career.

#7 OFFLINE   Sean

Sean

• 9,175 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

He is still better than Zeller and in the draft you should always draft for the best talent possible cuz if you gamble your gonna lose more than you win especially the further you get away from the top 5. And against small lineups (which a lot of NBA teams are doing nowadays) Davis and Nicholson would be able to play together.

and I think they are only playing Davis at PF until he matures and develops into his frame because he is actually a center just too undersized at this stage in his career.

I think nicholson and zeller are about equal based on stats. both have talent and upside

#8 OFFLINE   probskN

probskN

Muddy Chicken

• HN Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

This is based on team's needs... not overall like how good the players have been (the players' ranking will be in parentheses next to their name), but this is how I think draft night should've went:

1. NO- Anthony Davis (3)
2. CHA- Michael Kidd Gilchrist (2)
3. WAS- Andre Drummond (5)
4. CLE- Harrison Barnes (4)
5. SAC- Thomas Robinson (7)
6. POR- Damian Lillard (1)
7. GS- Dion Waiters (6)
8. TOR- Bradley Beal (8)
9. DET- Terrence Ross (9)
10. NO- Tyler Zeller (10)

pedroia.png

#9 OFFLINE   The Irving show

The Irving show

All-Star

• Banned
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

I think nicholson and zeller are about equal based on stats. both have talent and upside

Nicholson has starting PF potential and Zeller has Tyler Hansborough potential. Although I think Cody Zeller is a player to watch out for I just don't see it with Tyler Zeller. Actually I think he can be better than Tyler Hansborough but not by much.

and Zeller plays 9 minutes more a game which is why their stats look similar, Nicholson is just a beast.

This is based on team's needs... not overall like how good the players have been (the players' ranking will be in parentheses next to their name), but this is how I think draft night should've went:

1. NO- Anthony Davis (3)
5. SAC- Thomas Robinson (6)
7. GS- Bradley Beal (7)
8. TOR- Dion Waiters (8)

ITs based on teams needs but Toronto drafts Dion Waiters???? They SPECIFICALLY drafted Terrence Ross for his shooting range, something Waiters doesn't have.

#10 OFFLINE   probskN

probskN

Muddy Chicken

• HN Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

ITs based on teams needs but Toronto drafts Dion Waiters???? They SPECIFICALLY drafted Terrence Ross for his shooting range, something Waiters doesn't have.

I guess... I just felt like Waiters would be a good attacking guard for the Raptors, while Ross I think fits a little better with the Pistons because he can provide a nice outside threat. You could flip them I guess... I was sure as hell surprised when I heard Ross' name called so early.

pedroia.png

#11 OFFLINE   The Irving show

The Irving show

All-Star

• Banned
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

I guess... I just felt like Waiters would be a good attacking guard for the Raptors, while Ross I think fits a little better with the Pistons because he can provide a nice outside threat. You could flip them I guess... I was sure as hell surprised when I heard Ross' name called so early.

I think DeRozan provides Toronto with the slashing they need they really needed shooters because DeRozan is known for having an inconsistent jumper prior to this season.

Ross is a beast he is madddd underrated because he came from washington watch out for Tony Wroten if he ever gets PT. I wasnt too surprised he was top 10 after I did a bit of research on Ross he is really good with a high ceiling, Wroten is another player I wouldn't be surprised if he was top 10 IDK how he dropped into the mid 20s its a shame.

and Waiters is a future superstar....just sayin. Hes a D-Wade in the making without the shotblocking ability.

#12 OFFLINE   probskN

probskN

Muddy Chicken

• HN Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

I think DeRozan provides Toronto with the slashing they need they really needed shooters because DeRozan is known for having an inconsistent jumper prior to this season.

Ross is a beast he is madddd underrated because he came from washington watch out for Tony Wroten if he ever gets PT. I wasnt too surprised he was top 10 after I did a bit of research on Ross he is really good with a high ceiling, Wroten is another player I wouldn't be surprised if he was top 10 IDK how he dropped into the mid 20s its a shame.

and Waiters is a future superstar....just sayin. Hes a D-Wade in the making without the shotblocking ability.

Yeah, I guess you're right about DeRozan... and yeah lol, I know that Ross and Wroten are beasts. I'm a UW fan and I was really upset that Isaiah Thomas was drafted so low when I saw that, but I guess he got his revenge. As for Waiters, I'm not really sure. It's not as clear as some of the other guys in the league. He can be good, but I don't really know...

pedroia.png

#13 OFFLINE   MOST DOPE

MOST DOPE

Always Remember

• HN Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

1. NO- Anthony Davis
3. WAS- Dion Waiters
4. CLE- Bradley Beal
5. SAC- Andre Drummond
6. POR- Damion Lilard
7. GS- Harrison Barnes
8. TOR- Terrence Ross
9. DET- Tyler Zeller
10. NO- Thomas Robinson

#14 OFFLINE   Christian

Christian

Christian

• HN Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Rankings based purely off talent/potential, not by how they fit into teams-

1. Anthony Davis (Hornets)
2. Damian Lillard (Bobcats)
3. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Wizards)
4. Andre Drummond (Cavaliers)
5. Dion Waiters (Kings)
6. Bradley Beal (Trail Blazers)
7. Harrison Barnes (Warriors)
8. Tyler Zeller (Raptors)
9. Austin Rivers (Pistons)
10. Andrew Nicholson (Hornets)
Posted Image
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships."

Posted Image

#15 ONLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

fkn goin to war brehs

• 14,596 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

Why is Lillard going so damn low? hes been the best rookie so far this year, especially after all the hype and praise he gets on here. Needs to be the #2 pick by the lolcats at least....

Idk why the hell the Kings would pick robinson over lillard, robinson has been a bust, the kings PGs are aaron brooks and isiah thomas. Like theres no room for him there?

Dv1G7Sw.png

2014 NBA PLAYOFFS 

#16 OFFLINE   DJtheCap™

DJtheCap™

Know what the Midwest is?

• HN Members
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

1. NO- Anthony Davis (3)
5. SAC- Thomas Robinson (6)
7. GS- Bradley Beal (7)
8. TOR- Dion Waiters (8)

Disagree with putting Waiters at #8 (ranking wise) and also putting him with the Raptors. Statistically Waiters has been better than Beal, Robinson, and maybe even Drummond. And he wouldn't have fallen that far in the draft anyway, btw, I don't see how Bradley Beal fits with GS at all.

1z6co0i.jpg

#17 OFFLINE   probskN

probskN

Muddy Chicken

• HN Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Disagree with putting Waiters at #8 (ranking wise) and also putting him with the Raptors. Statistically Waiters has been better than Beal, Robinson, and maybe even Drummond. And he wouldn't have fallen that far in the draft anyway, btw, I don't see how Bradley Beal fits with GS at all.

Oh crap, I had Waiters with GS at first and Beal with Washington idk why they got flipper. Edited it.

pedroia.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users