#1 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

PM me her number

• 16,020 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

1. Kevin Durant : Oklahoma City Thunder

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 31.0 ppg | 7.8 rpg | 4.0 apg
The Thunder's 12-game win streak Posted Image came to an end against the Timberwolves Thursday night, but that doesn't diminish the work Durant has put in. Even more impressive than the raw numbers is the fact that he's become a force on both ends of the floor. He's contesting shots, playing physically and demanding that his teammates pay as much attention on the defensive end of the floor as he does on the other side.

IN LAST WEEK'S GAMES:

2. Carmelo Anthony : New York Knicks

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 31.0 ppg | 3.0 rpg | 1.0 apg
Anthony missed two games in the past week, a win over the Cavaliers Saturday and the Knicks' first home loss of the season to Jeremy Lin and the Rockets. But when he's healthy, he's every bit as unstoppable as Durant and LeBron James -- if not more. The relentless offensive assault he can unleash on opposing teams, from inside and out, is a sight to behold. His ability to pile up points (31 in 36 minutes in Wednesday's win over the Nets) is mind-boggling.

IN LAST WEEK'S GAMES:

3. LeBron James : Miami Heat

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 23.0 ppg | 8.3 rpg | 7.0 apg
James will never admit it, but he's finally starting to look like he could use a mini-vacation. And who could blame him after the year he's had? Of course, James playing winded and wounded is still better than 99.9 percent of the rest of the players on the planet. But with the burden he'll have to carry for this team, the Heat have to find some time for him to rest and rejuvenate before the postseason.

IN LAST WEEK'S GAMES:

4. Chris Paul : Los Angeles Clippers

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 11.3 ppg | 10.7 apg | 2.0 spg
If anyone has made a case for breaking into that top group, it's Paul. The Clippers are playing at a level no one is used to seeing from this franchise. It starts and ends with the fact that Paul is running his team better than any other point guard these days. Knowing whento push and when not to push is what separates Paul from his peers at the position. The challenge now is making sure his team plays at this elite level all the time, postseason included.

IN LAST WEEK'S GAMES:

5. Kobe Bryant : Los Angeles Lakers

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 31.3 ppg | 5.7 rpg | 6.7 apg
The closer the Lakers get to full strength, the better the chances of Bryant stepping back and allowing someone else (Steve Nash) to shoulder some of the responsibility for making sure this team competes and achieves at the level its talent dictates. The Lakers have won three straight and are still a sub-.500 team (12-14), so there is plenty of work to be done. The first order of business is finding a way to reduce Bryant's minutes from the 41 he's averaging the past 10 games.

IN LAST WEEK'S GAMES:

6. Zach Randolph : Memphis Grizzlies

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 15.0 ppg | 13.3 rpg | 1.3 spg
Consecutive wins over the Jazz, Bulls and Bucks highlighted Randolph's unique ability to grind away without much fanfare (other than here). Randolph dropped Posted Image 25 points and 16 rebounds on the Jazz, Posted Image 10 and 15 on the Bulls and Posted Image 15 and 17 on the Bucks. The Grizzlies are no longer the pace-setters in the Western Conference -- that position now belongs to the Thunder -- but they remain among the elite.

IN LAST WEEK'S GAMES:

7. Stephen Curry : Golden State Warriors

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 22.0 ppg | 5.5 rpg | 5.3 apg
We've had some healthy debates recently about whether or not Curry belongs on this list when he has a teammate playing as well as David Lee. But it's hard to argue against a guy who leads the team in points (19.9), assists (6.3) and steals (1.6) while shooting 43 percent from beyond the 3-point line and 90 percent from the free-throw line. He was spectacular (season-high 32 points, six boards, four assists, one steal and one block) Wednesday against the Kings.

IN LAST WEEK'S GAMES:

• Posted Image Has 32, but Warriors lose
  • Posted Image Scores 13 vs. Hornets
  • Posted Image Double-double vs. Hawks
  • Posted Image Scores 25 in loss
  • > Curry's stats & bio

8. Josh Smith : Atlanta Hawks

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 12.3 ppg | 10.7 rpg | 3.0 bpg
A brutal shooting night in a home rout at the hands of Curry's Warriors threatened to push Smith off this list completely, but he rebounded with solid outings against the Wizards (Posted Image 17 points, 13 rebounds, five blocks and three steals) and Thunder (Posted Image 17 points, 12 rebounds, three steals and two blocks). Smith and the Hawks still have doubters who believe their strong start to the season won't stand up through the course of the season. We're not doubting.

IN LAST WEEK'S GAMES:

9. Tim Duncan : San Antonio Spurs

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 16.0 ppg | 11.7 rpg | 2.7 bpg
The Spurs have suddenly fallen on hard times, losing four of their last five games after winning five straight. In the one game they won, Duncan was held to single digits in the scoring column for the first this season, scoring just five points on 2-for-13 shooting Posted Image in Saturday's win over the Celtics. He did grab 12 rebounds, block two shots and dish out two assists. But the Spurs need much more from him if they are going to keep pace with the Thunder in the Western Conference.

IN LAST WEEK'S GAMES:

10. Rajon Rondo : Boston Celtics

Posted Image

LAST WEEK: 16.8 ppg | 9.5 apg | 1.5 spg
The Celtics are struggling but it's not because of Rondo. He's been the one constant Celtics coach Doc Rivers can lean on throughout these struggles. He's on a tear right now, averaging 15.4 points, 11.1 assists, 5.9 rebounds and 2.0 steals while shooting a sterling 53 percent in his last eight games. That increased aggressiveness offensively has resulted in more turnovers (41 in eight games). But these are trying times for the Celtics.

IN LAST WEEK'S GAMES:

Current Rankings
Rank Status Player 1 Posted Image Kevin Durant 2 Posted Image Carmelo Anthony 3 -- LeBron James 4 -- Chris Paul 5 Posted Image Kobe Bryant 6 Posted Image Zach Randolph 7 Posted Image Stephen Curry 8 Posted Image Josh Smith 9 Posted Image Tim Duncan 10 -- Rajon Rondo

The next five: Westbrook; Joakim Noah, Chicago Bulls;Kevin Love, Minnesota Timberwolves; David Lee, Golden State Warriors; James Harden, Houston Rockets
Falling out: None

http://www.nba.com/m...2-13/index.html Updated Yesterday

tumblr_neh1q4qxtG1sqpy32o1_500.gif

#2 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

I think that Melo has pathetic stats in rebounding and assists. But MVP is about the team as well (wins), so I can see why he's #2.

KD is #1 and it's well-deserved.
I agree with the top 5. I don't care about the rest.
  • Ant™ likes this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

PM me her number

• 16,020 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

I think that Melo has pathetic stats in rebounding and assists. But MVP is about the team as well (wins), so I can see why he's #2.

In assists he does imo, rebounds are solid

#4 OFFLINE   Young Gee

Young Gee

Idol

• Members
  • 13,102 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Agree with the top 5, and for the Warriors David Lee should be there instead of Curry

tumblr_n4v5gpX7NQ1rtequ6o1_500.gif

russell-westbrook-3-and-strut-game-4-aga

#5 OFFLINE   Kenny

Kenny

white ppl goat

• Members
  • 12,457 posts

It was 1 week, chill lls

2qtwd8g.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• Members
  • 18,158 posts

Looks good. Although CP3's stats last week aren't as good as Bryant's, the Clippers are on their longest winning stak in franchise history so it's understandable why Paul is higher, while Kobe's Lakers are still below .500. Good list overall, although I would put Lebron higher than Carmelo due to his overall stats.
  • The Future and Ant™ like this

#7 ONLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers

• Global Moderators
  • 19,752 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

I agree with it.

tumblr_ngf99a7TqA1r3mm52o1_500.gif

"Do I look like a normal person to you" - Kanbara

#8 ONLINE   Jay

Jay

Visionary

• Members
  • 19,625 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Durant will win the MVP this year. It's his year.
  • Carolina Panthers likes this

tumblr_n8mwutxaIF1qm4qqco1_500.gif

S/O to TGIA for letting me cop the gif

#9 OFFLINE   DJtheCap™

DJtheCap™

r8 it 8/8 m8

• Members
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

I agree with the top 5 like Teo said. The only thing that I find kind of sad is that Chris Paul will probably never truly break in to that legitimate contender status. Honestly, I don't know if there is a more valuable player in the NBA than CP3. Everything he does makes those around him better and he manages a team so well. But because he doesn't put up the flashy stats, he will never be really considered.

fb7c54e3437eed88a91251c87041688e.480x286

step up m8

#10 OFFLINE   The Real G

The Real G

Shake and Bake

• Members
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Still can't figure out why Melo is that high

2mxzF90.png?1?4543

#11 OFFLINE   DJtheCap™

DJtheCap™

r8 it 8/8 m8

• Members
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Still can't figure out why Melo is that high

It's because the Knicks are playing better than the Heat right now and Melo is putting up very good numbers. LeBron is more well-rounded stat-wise but they got whipped twice by the Knicks.

fb7c54e3437eed88a91251c87041688e.480x286

step up m8

#12 OFFLINE   Sean

Sean

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 9,887 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Good list imo

#13 OFFLINE   TDot

TDot

Chance

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Curry's way too low :/

2j3mhpt.gifFAT SHIT GANG2j3mhpt.gif

#14 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

PM me her number

• 16,020 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Agree with the top 5, and for the Warriors David Lee should be there instead of Curry

No he shouldnt. Curry is the leader of the team, the better player and has better stats. Lee has been amazing and is one of the best PFs in the game but he isnt the Warriors best player. Its very close but he shouldnt.

#15 OFFLINE   Ant™

Ant™

Hoops-Nation Illuminati

• Members
  • 13,508 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

In assists he does imo, rebounds are solid

rebounding for that week is really sad for a guy his size. Don't even try to defend him here, pls.

tumblr_mqs9id2iW91qd9agqo7_r1_250.gif

#16 OFFLINE   The Irving show

The Irving show

All-Star

• Banned
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

Durant will win the MVP this year. It's his year.

Actually this year it seems like its anybodies year. Be Honest last year it was pretty much LBJ or Durant. This year Durant could win, Melo could win, Chris Paul could win, Kobe could win (if the Lakers start getting W's), LeBron could win. Its pretty wide open this year. Hell I might not even be surprised if Randolph finished top 5 if the Grizzlies continue great basketball and he isn't even a superstar.

But maybe toward the end of the season it will be more obvious.

No way, thats like saying Rudy Gay should replace Z-Bo.

#17 OFFLINE   Young Gee

Young Gee

Idol

• Members
  • 13,102 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

No he shouldnt. Curry is the leader of the team, the better player and has better stats.

Lol better stats, Lee is averaging 20 ppg 11 rpg and 4 assists which is better than 20/4/6 on 43% FG

#18 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

PM me her number

• 16,020 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

rebounding for that week is really sad for a guy his size. Don't even try to defend him here, pls.

Who gives a shit about one week. like 3 games. He averages 6 rpg. He may lineup as a PF but still plays like an SF. 6rpg is solid for him

#19 OFFLINE   Young Gee

Young Gee

Idol

• Members
  • 13,102 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Actually this year it seems like its anybodies year. Be Honest last year it was pretty much LBJ or Durant. This year Durant could win, Melo could win, Chris Paul could win, Kobe could win (if the Lakers start getting W's), LeBron could win. Its pretty wide open this year. Hell I might not even be surprised if Randolph finished top 5 if the Grizzlies continue great basketball and he isn't even a superstar.

But maybe toward the end of the season it will be more obvious.

No way, thats like saying Rudy Gay should replace Z-Bo.

Lol no its not, Gay is having a pretty bad statistical year this season

#20 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

PM me her number

• 16,020 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Lol better stats, Lee is averaging 20 ppg 11 rpg and 4 assists which is better than 20/4/6 on 43% FG

lmao...

I doubt youve watched the warriors play once all year

Curry 20.2/6.4/4.1 44% 3ps 90%FTs

hes the all around better player. best scorer, shooter, passer, defender for his position, and leader of the team. Lee is on the HM on the MVP ladder anyways, which he very well should be. not like hes getting robbed. Both should be All Stars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users