Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Who is the better PG all time?

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Isaiah Thomas easily. Has a championship and was the best player on that team. Thomas is a top 4 PG all time, while Kidd and Nash are both around the top 7-8 range.

WrongIslander 2.0 likes this

Posted · Report post

Isiah Thomas has to be the best of them especially peak and prime wise.

He was a very good scorer (better than his stats would suggest) and he could take over and win the game for his team. Also, as a playmaker he was tremendous. He had a season with 13.9 assists and that says it all. Great leader, fierce competitor and crafty.

Nash and Kidd is debatable but I'd go with Nash. We had that conversation many times before (about those two).

Posted · Report post

I'd take Nash, even though he never won a championship, he does have 2 MVP's. (he should have won a championship btw)

Posted · Report post

1. Isiah Thomas

2. Jason Kidd

3. Steve Nash

I would put Nash at 2nd , despite them both failing to get a ring even though they had final appearances . Nash did it better through out his year even managed to win a MVP .

Posted · Report post

I would put Nash at 2nd , despite them both failing to get a ring even though they had final appearances . Nash did it better through out his year even managed to win a MVP .

Just a little correction but J.Kidd did win a ring on the 2011 Mavericks

Real Deal likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

+1 and to add to that, Nash has never played in the Finals.

Edited by Real Deal

Posted · Report post

I think Thomas is the best out of all of them, but I can see why someone would pick Nash. To be honest I've always wanted Thomas and Olajuwon to get more credit than they deserve but it's whatever.

Posted · Report post

lol how could I forget that lol my bad

Posted · Report post

Kidd made it to the Finals three times, twice with Nets, once with Mavericks, third was charm with winning a championship with the Mavericks. Steve Nash never made it to the Finals...

I'll choose Kidd, not because of one ring but because of course they both can distribute the ball and both can put the ball in the basket, although Nash wins when it comes to better shooter from long range and short range, but Jason Kidd can rebound the ball and is great defensively whereas Steve Nash is a liability when it comes to defense. If we want to go with some statistics, which is what everyone brings up in the end, stats. Jason Kidd of course has one huge stat over Nash, 1 championship vs 0 for Nash. Steve Nash gets the nod for winning more MVP twice to Jason kidd's zip 0. Kidd has been a All-star 10x in during his career, whereas Steve Nash made it 8x. As I stated before, they are both great distributors, which explains them both leading the league in assist 5x a piece. So when you look at it, it looks kind of even out....

I think most would choose Steve Nash, because of the last few years. Nash looks like the better player older, although this season we have to see how it goes with the Lakers for Nash, Kidd has looked pretty good with the Knicks thus far. I got Kidd, love Nash though.

Posted · Report post

Steve Nash is better than Jason Kidd offensively, but Kidd is just a better all-around player. 2nd in All-Time Assists, 2nd All-Time Steals, & one of the greatest rebounding guards of all-time.

Posted · Report post

Steve Nash is better than Jason Kidd offensively, but Kidd is just a better all-around player. 2nd in All-Time Assists, 2nd All-Time Steals, & one of the greatest rebounding guards of all-time.

yea I agree now

Posted · Report post

Why is this even a question? Isiah Thomas grills Nash and Kidd alive.

For Nash and Kidd, I would go with Kidd but only by a very thin margin. Kidd's overall game is just unmatched.