23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood

• HN Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

IJS

20.0 / 11.3 / 3.8 on 54% from the field and 81% from the line, right now.

Not really a good defender but not a liability either.
  • Nina Barklartey likes this

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#2 ONLINE   Pusha Key

Pusha Key

• HN Members
  • 12,456 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Damn
I knew he was nice but....
Its prolly because hes never been on a relevant team

#3 ONLINE   WTAP

WTAP

Superstar

• HN Members
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

Before this year he had never done any of that on a relevant team. That's why he is overlooked. I remember being on another site and asking if he could put up his career best numbers while on a good team. A lot of people didn't think he could

#4 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

• HN Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Before this year he had never done any of that on a relevant team. That's why he is overlooked. I remember being on another site and asking if he could put up his career best numbers while on a good team. A lot of people didn't think he could

Golden State are 18-10 and 5th in the West right now though.

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 23,114 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

His statline is impressive but he still ain't the player who'll be the leader of his team.
And if he's the clear leader of his team, that team won't do anything, IMO.

He's overlooked though. That's for sure.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   ISOMELO

ISOMELO

LeBron season is upon us...

• 4,203 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

I always thought David Lee was underrated. He's a great rebounder, passer, ambidextrous around the rim, knock-down midrange shooter and he has a lot of passion and competes every night, very consistent player. Lee was one of the main reasons why I didn't give up on the Knicks a few years ago he kept things interested.
  • Rog and Bball_Jones like this

tumblr_n11so4VD2Q1rdqggno1_400.gif
9TOdLRC.png Fukk u lookin at lil nikka

#7 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

• HN Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

His statline is impressive but he still ain't the player who'll be the leader of his team.

Yeah but gotta give him his due because only Curry can be argued above him in the Warriors, they're 18-10 right now, and he's putting up an impressive statline, almost nobody never mentions him when talking about the best PF's in the game right now, making him quite underrated/overlooked.

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#8 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 23,114 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Yeah but gotta give him his due because only Curry can be argued above him in the Warriors, they're 18-10 right now, and he's putting up an impressive statline, almost nobody never mentions him when talking about the best PF's in the game right now, making him quite underrated/overlooked.

Yeah, he's leading the team along with Curry. I don't think they have a clear leader. They work as a whole.
But yeah, Lee is one of the very best PFs in the NBA.
  • Bball_Jones likes this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#9 ONLINE   WTAP

WTAP

Superstar

• HN Members
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Golden State are 18-10 and 5th in the West right now though.

Before this year. People are not going to just jump all over you calling you one of the best power forwards after a 18-10 start. If they keep it up, though, and he stays producing the recognition will rightfully come.

#10 OFFLINE   Ace I

Ace I

H.N.I.C.

• HN Members
  • 7,418 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

I always thought he was underrated. This dude can really help a team out. He can shoot the ball and rebound. There's not much of those type of PFs today in the NBA. David Lee was in New York when they were struggling to win a game and he was pretty good then too. Now that Lee's on a great, young Warriors team. He can truly showcase his talents

rickrossdrink.gif

.                                                                                HNL Minnesota Timberwolves GM

PSN: Ace_Rager97

#11 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

• HN Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Before this year. People are not going to just jump all over you calling you one of the best power forwards after a 18-10 start. If they keep it up, though, and he stays producing the recognition will rightfully come.

Some worse players get much more recognition...

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#12 OFFLINE   Shana

Shana

Paige

• 6,347 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

I hate this really. Players like lee are overlooked all the time. Why? Because he's not on the lakers or the heat or the Knicks or the celtics. Same deal with Jason terry. Before he came to dallas he was like nobody in Atlanta. He posted great number but didn't get recognition until he came to dallas. Props to David lee. I knew he had talent since he came over to the warriors from the Knicks

iHHNscxJ0Oewi.gifikyMvRibtfH11.gif

There isnt a person on this planet who should let a past nightmare dictate or cloud there future dreams - CM Punk

#13 ONLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

These hoes aint loyal

• 14,579 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Curry is supposed to be the leader, and I think he is, but he has some immature moments and mental lapses. Like sometimes he says stupid stuff to reporters. Like after the loss to the magic (magic swept warriors) he admitted he didnt know how to beat them and that the warriors are lucky they dont play the magic again. Pretty dumb things to say, considering its not like their even a playoff team and youre supposed to want another shot at them if you cant beat them. And at the end of the sacramento game Curry hit a three for the lead and had this celebration but then on the other end isiah thomas comes back and hits a three and he looks distraught and down, when he should be looking to go right back at them. And after he fouled out that game he was sitting on the scorers table emotionless.

Curry has mental lapses like that but is stil the leader, but Lee is a veteran and I never see him make mistakes like that. He always has the right attitude and is constantly giving direction and never backing down. He has great leadership and is one of the most mature players i've seen, and his overall decision making is better. So I think its safe to say Curry and Lee are co-leaders even though Curry is supposed to be "the guy".

tumblr_n3dwq64jSl1rhk94po1_400.gif

#WeOut

#14 OFFLINE   Jan_Sobieski™

Jan_Sobieski™

#Polish- Slavic Swag

• HN Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Heat should sign that white man up.

You never put a limit onto the Citizens.

melo-and-the-wonderful-knicks1.gif

#15 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 23,114 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Curry is supposed to be the leader, and I think he is, but he has some immature moments and mental lapses. Like sometimes he says stupid stuff to reporters. Like after the loss to the magic (magic swept warriors) he admitted he didnt know how to beat them and that the warriors are lucky they dont play the magic again. Pretty dumb things to say, considering its not like their even a playoff team and youre supposed to want another shot at them if you cant beat them. And at the end of the sacramento game Curry hit a three for the lead and had this celebration but then on the other end isiah thomas comes back and hits a three and he looks distraught and down, when he should be looking to go right back at them. And after he fouled out that game he was sitting on the scorers table emotionless.

Curry has mental lapses like that but is stil the leader, but Lee is a veteran and I never see him make mistakes like that. He always has the right attitude and is constantly giving direction and never backing down. He has great leadership and is one of the most mature players i've seen, and his overall decision making is better. So I think its safe to say Curry and Lee are co-leaders even though Curry is supposed to be "the guy".

I think that Curry is supposed to be -and he is- your best player. But it's not necassary that a team has one leader. I mean, the Bucks have both Jennings and Ellis, it's not just Jennings.
The early 00's Pistons were working as a whole but they didn't have one clear cut leader. And there are more examples.

That's the way I look at it.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#16 ONLINE   WTAP

WTAP

Superstar

• HN Members
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Some worse players get much more recognition...

Like who?

#17 OFFLINE   Thank Javale Im Atheist

Thank Javale Im Atheist

Antoine Mason

• HN Members
  • 17,818 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

I liked um when he was in NY. He's a good player to say.

GSL: New Jersey Nets GM

BJ Armstrong l Houshang Rafati l Glenn Robinson l Danny Manning l Ralph Sampson 

Zhang Yongjun l Sidney Moncrief l Mark Dalton l Herbert Nunez l Popeye Jones

#18 OFFLINE   The Real G

The Real G

Shake and Bake

• HN Members
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Like who?

Bosh and Pau Gasol
The real GOAT

#19 ONLINE   WTAP

WTAP

Superstar

• HN Members
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Bosh and Pau Gasol

Nobody talked about Pau before he was with LA, and that was with some playoff appearances.

#20 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch

#CelticsGang

• HN Members
  • 13,655 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

I was always a fan of his. I knew he was a great player, but he never played at the level he is right now. This season he is proving me right. He's been beasting.

parents-not-happy-with-beyonce-performan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users