• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

My friend showed me this yesterday. I have been wondering how different history would've been if the Knicks never traded the 5th pick. If the Knicks had Pippen & Ewing, and Jordan was left alone with the Bulls, how would have history been different?

dxmuN.jpg

#2 OFFLINE   TGIA

TGIA

3 Kings

• Administrators
  • 19,209 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

Knicks would have 8peated no doubt
  • Jan_Sobieski™ likes this

v5NGAGV.png

#3 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

I think the Knicks would've won 8 or 9 championships, and Magic Johnson would be considered the GOAT today (with LeBron knocking him off at the end of his career). Finally, the legacies of Ewing & Pippen would be extremely different, both being top 3 at their' positions All-Time.

dxmuN.jpg

#4 ONLINE   Pusha Key

Pusha Key

• Members
  • 13,782 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

Jordan would not be considered GOAT
hey.

#5 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

I think the Knicks would've won 8 or 9 championships, and Magic Johnson would be considered the GOAT today (with LeBron knocking him off at the end of his career). Finally, the legacies of Ewing & Pippen would be extremely different, both being top 3 at their' positions All-Time.

8 or 9 is just TOO much

After MJ, Kareem has the strongest case for GOAT. As for LeBron, let time tell it.

Pippen has 6 rings and he's not top 3 at his position. Hard to see Ewing as top 3 C even with like 4/5 rings, but it would've really improve his chances.
  • Djoker likes this

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

8 or 9 is just TOO much

After MJ, Kareem has the strongest case for GOAT. As for LeBron, let time tell it.

Pippen has 6 rings and he's not top 3 at his position. Hard to see Ewing as top 3 C even with like 4/5 rings, but it would've really improve his chances.

The Knicks would have the greatest defensive team in that era with Pippen. Nobody, not even Jordan would have gone through a front-court of Pippen-Oakley-Ewing. That being said, both Pippen & Ewing would've ended up with 4 Finals MVP's each (because between them, there would be more sharing the ball), and 8 rings. The only year I doubt is 1999, where fatigue would take a toll on the team.

dxmuN.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT

DA GAWD

• Members
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

No they wouldn't have 8 or 9 rings maybe 5-7 though. And yes Magic and Larry Bird and KAJ would have stronger cases for GOAT. And MJ would be considered like a top 25- top 15 player of all-time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 ONLINE   ISOMELO

ISOMELO

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 5,354 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

The Knicks would have been one of the greatest defensive teams of All-Time and would probably win 2-4 rings in the 90s and be considered a dynasty. The only thing that kept Ewing from winning championships was a legit consistent scoring option. Pippen is here you have that second scoring option that also means no Charles Smith experiment! Imagine the defense with the front court of Pippen, Oakley and Ewing with Starks and Harper in the backcourt! Jordan would not be considered GOAT and would have probably left Chicago.
C Patrick Ewing
F Charles Oakley
F Scottie Pippen
G John Starks
G Derek Harper
A defense anchored by Ewing in the interior and Pippen on the perimeter sounds sick.
Anyway what if Seattle would have never traded Pippen?
C Ervin Johnson
F Shawn Kemp
F Scottie Pippen
G Hersey Hawkins
G Gary Payton
This should be moved to NBA History.
tumblr_n11so4VD2Q1rdqggno1_400.giftumblr_mjmh37fgsm1ql5dzao1_400.gif

#9 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Ok, since we make hypotheses here...

The Knicks are drafting Pippen. Then the Bulls would have completely different seasons without Pippen than they did with Pippen. They'd probably be a lottery team and if they weren't, maybe through trades they had a lottery pick and maybe they would draft a potential superstar in the next few years. Shaq? Penny? Webber? etc etc.

Also, the Knicks wouldn't have the same roster as they had plus Pippen. That's ridiculous.

Jordan is Jordan and would still be the best player. Now, here is why team accomplishments sometimes may not do justice.
We know how good Jordan was, right? Right. If he didn't have Pippen and hadn't won six rings, he wouldn't be that good? Nah, he'd still be Jordan.

That's why I don't like those hypotheses. It is what it is.
  • ISOMELO and FryingPan like this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   Bball_Jones

Bball_Jones

baddest dribbler in the whole neighborhood

• Members
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

The Knicks would have the greatest defensive team in that era with Pippen. Nobody, not even Jordan would have gone through a front-court of Pippen-Oakley-Ewing. That being said, both Pippen & Ewing would've ended up with 4 Finals MVP's each (because between them, there would be more sharing the ball), and 8 rings. The only year I doubt is 1999, where fatigue would take a toll on the team.

You're taking it way too far man... 8 rings? 4 FMVP's each? Lmao...

Ok, since we make hypotheses here...

The Knicks are drafting Pippen. Then the Bulls would have completely different seasons without Pippen than they did with Pippen. They'd probably be a lottery team and if they weren't, maybe through trades they had a lottery pick and maybe they would draft a potential superstar in the next few years. Shaq? Penny? Webber? etc etc.

Also, the Knicks wouldn't have the same roster as they had plus Pippen. That's ridiculous.

Jordan is Jordan and would still be the best player. Now, here is why team accomplishments sometimes may not do justice.
We know how good Jordan was, right? Right. If he didn't have Pippen and hadn't won six rings, he wouldn't be that good? Nah, he'd still be Jordan.

That's why I don't like those hypotheses. It is what it is.

Agreed.

30mxxyo.jpg 33 3ub9c.jpg

#11 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

You're taking it way too far man... 8 rings? 4 FMVP's each? Lmao...

Tell me which team was going to stop them?

dxmuN.jpg

#12 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Hakeem's Rockets, Stockton's & Malone's Jazz, Shaq's and Penny's Magic and Payton's & Kemp's Sonics would all have their shots.

It's another thing to have Jordan with Pippen and another thing to have Ewing with Pippen. And don't forget that if the Knicks had Pippen they wouldn't have some of the other players.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   Flynn

Flynn

4-3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • 19,091 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

For all we know, Pippen's development could have been ruined by Ewing and Pippen would have not been the same player as he is regarded as today.

1443c5y.jpg

#14 OFFLINE   Jan_Sobieski™

Jan_Sobieski™

#Polish- Slavic Swag

• Members
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Being a intelligent poster I would say very few. If not none.

You never put a limit onto the Citizens.

melo-and-the-wonderful-knicks1.gif

#15 OFFLINE   Ivan

Ivan

yeah I'm tryna turn this into somethin

• Members
  • 7,645 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Michael Jordan wouldn't have 6 rings. He'd only have like 2 or maybe even 3 if he didn't have Scottie.

tumblr_mg2idy46Fa1qithsbo1_500.gif

#16 OFFLINE   Vino

Vino

Walt Frazier: Pure Style.

• Members
  • 7,739 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

This is pure speculation but it's worth a shot.

The peeps telling the Knicks would win 6-9 rings are insane. I mean...WHAT? Pippen could 'only' win 6 rings with Michael Jordan, the greatest baller ever. How in the world would he be winning more than 6 with Patrick Ewing? Sure, Ewing was a top center but still, he was not at the level of an Hakeem or a Shaq or for that matter a Karl Malone. Ewing was a defensive monster but never a true leader and never a top notch performer when it really mattered. My point: Pippen + Jordan goes way above Pippen + Ewing.

On top, the Knicks didn't have Phil Jackson. Pat Riley was a damn good coach but he never was and never will be a Phil Jackson. The Knicks were a bunch of knuckle heads and adding Pippen to the mix wouldn't better their case. With the Bulls, it was Jordan and some Pippen and the rest. Jackson managed to make that work, Riley never fully did. On top, Ewing was far behind in leadership compared to Mike. Jordan and Jackson could hold Pippen down, Ewing would have been eaten alive.

And like @TeoTheGreek13 said: with Pippen in the mix, the Knicks would have never been able to assemble the same team. But even if they would have been able to do this, the competition was fierce: Bulls, Magic, Cavaliers, Sonics, Suns, Blazers, Rockets, Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Jazz... Six plus rings for the Ewing-Pippen Knicks? Give me a break, common.
  • Djoker likes this

LeBron+James+Miami+Heat+v+Phoenix+Suns+-

Article by Vino and Djoker on Greatest Title Teams ever: http://hoops-nation....ino-and-djoker

#17 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

The peeps telling the Knicks would win 6-9 rings are insane. I mean...WHAT? Pippen could 'only' win 6 rings with Michael Jordan, the greatest baller ever. How in the world would he be winning more than 6 with Patrick Ewing? Sure, Ewing was a top center but still, he was not at the level of an Hakeem or a Shaq or for that matter a Karl Malone. Ewing was a defensive monster but never a true leader and never a top notch performer when it really mattered. My point: Pippen + Jordan goes way above Pippen + Ewing.

Because Ewing would've never retired.

dxmuN.jpg

#18 OFFLINE   The DR34M

The DR34M

It's Clobberin' Time!

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

The Bulls wouldn't be that bad of a lottery team. Penny or Webber with Jordan wouldn't stop Pippen & Ewing anyway. But Shaq with Jordan would.

dxmuN.jpg

#19 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

The Bulls wouldn't be that bad of a lottery team. Penny or Webber with Jordan wouldn't stop Pippen & Ewing anyway. But Shaq with Jordan would.

Then you whether underrate Penny and Webber or you underrate Jordan.
Like I said though, what if the Bulls were getting a lottery pick through trades?!

But anyway, there were a bunch of teams that could stop a Ewing-Pippen led Knicks.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   Djoker

Djoker

Enforcer

• Global Moderators
  • 14,287 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Vino thanks for bringing people down to Earth LOL

The Knicks wouldn't win more than 2-4 titles. Neither Ewing nor Pippen are really alpha scorers so they'd definitely win less than Jordan and Pippen. However there is a good chance that Jordan would win 1-2 rings at most instead of 6 which would obviously diminish his legacy greatly.
  • Vino likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users