Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LeBron says he'll never enter the Slam Dunk Contest

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

James told FOX Sports Florida that, while he has thought seriously several times about entering the dunk contest during All-Star Weekend in his nine previous seasons, it never will occur.

"No," said James, who turns 28 on Dec. 30. "It's over with. I'm getting too old for that. ... There were times when I wanted to do it. But I came into All-Star Weekend a few times banged up and I didn't want to risk further injury."

:crying:

Posted · Report post

Well I guess Kobe will have one allocade that Lebron will never have, being the Slam Dunk winner. Yay

fiddy.gif

Posted · Report post

he still as a ring and blake griffin vince carter and dominique wilkins never won a ring so who cares hes better then all three sorry

Posted · Report post

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Come on LeBron, really? I think he's just afraid of the pressure.

he still as a ring and blake griffin vince carter and dominique wilkins never won a ring so who cares hes better then all three sorry

Wha?

Posted · Report post

I think its more of him being scared of losing and not winning it then him being worried about seriously getting hurt

Posted · Report post

Nike can't afford LBJ losing the dunk contest so it will never happen

Posted · Report post

Well I guess Kobe will have one allocade that Lebron will never have, being the Slam Dunk winner. Yay

Pretty sure the correct word is accolade but if you prefer allocade... #YOLO

Posted · Report post

Personally I dont find anything wrong with him never being in the dunk contest. 1st and foremost you owe it to your team and that owner to be as healthy and fresh as possible for what really counts and that the real games. Leave the dunk contest to guys like Nate Robinson, Gerald Green etc, that dont have nothing all to important to add to there respective teams. I am sure the dunk contest takes a lot of injury out of you, kind of like the HR derby in baseball, it can be wearing on the people who participate and esepcially the ones that excel and go far. I enjoy both the dunk contest as well as the HR derby in baseball but honestly I prefer my guys on my team not to be involved.

Posted · Report post

I'll tell everyone that I think it's ridiculous to force someone who doesn't want to enter the slam dunk contest, to enter it but the main reason I wanted him to enter it, is because and I quote.....

"Right now I'm preliminarily putting my name in the the 2010 Dunk Contest on Saturday Night."..... I think if he didn't say that, I wouldn't have much of a problem if he entered or not...

Void likes this

Posted · Report post

Normally I wouldn't care, but he said he would enter and then pussied out.

Shytown likes this

Posted · Report post

lol why would he be scared of losing. Everyone and their mother would vote for LeBron to win.

You don't vote for the Dunk Contest...

Posted · Report post

rings ≠ a player being better than another

Even though I do agree that LeBron is better than all three. Sorry, but Luke Walton isn't a better player than Chris Paul because he's won more rings. I may have just misunderstood your post, but it sounded an awful lot like you were saying that because LeBron has a ring, he is better than Vince Carter, Blake Griffin, and Dominique Wilkins.

Posted · Report post

rings ≠ a player being better than another

Even though I do agree that LeBron is better than all three. Sorry, but Luke Walton isn't a better player than Chris Paul because he's won more rings. I may have just misunderstood your post, but it sounded an awful lot like you were saying that because LeBron has a ring, he is better than Vince Carter, Blake Griffin, and Dominique Wilkins.

Even without an championship, LBJ>>>>

Posted · Report post

You don't vote for the Dunk Contest...

Mmhmmmm, fans vote for the winner. LBJ would almost always win the fans vote

Posted · Report post

Mmhmmmm, fans vote for the winner. LBJ would almost always win the fans vote

Ooooohhhhh I forgot about that. I was thinking about it being like 2k where it's just the highest score haha. Shows that I haven't watched the dunk contest in some time because of the crappier contestants lol.

Posted · Report post

Doesn't really matter, NBA dunk contest isn't even that great. There are way better videos on youtube of NBA-players dunking then what we have had in recent years. Plus if LeBron was in the contest, he would win no matter what he did

Posted · Report post

M'eh.

Lebron dunks are a'ight.

Not missing anything here.

Even he said he's not a stylish dunker.

[Evans] has no doubt who would win if he had the chance to take on James.

"I'm going to say I would," said Evans, whose Jazz fell 105-89 to Miami at AmericanAirlines Arena. "I haven't seen any tricks from him yet because he hasn't been in (an NBA) dunk contest. ... You need the tricks and moves rather than just being a power dunker in a game." [...]

"I'm not a dunk-contest guy, so he probably could beat me in a dunk contest," James said. "I'm OK with that."

I'm OK with it too.