Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Carmelo right now better than Kobe

44 posts in this topic

Posted

As of right now who would you choose for 2012. Think about it.

Posted

Kobe is having one of his best seasons of his career. It has to be kobe

Jan_Sobieski™ likes this

Posted

Melo's been just so damn good offensively, but Kobe's been good overall playing this season.

I'll take Carmelo Anthony but you really can't go wrong either player.

Posted

kobe 30 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 47% FG, 37% 3pt

carmelo anthony 28 ppg, 6 rpg, 1 apg, 47% FG, 43% 3pt

kobe and it aint even close

Posted

Showing those stats didn't help your case by saying it ain't even close, IJS.

Posted

Showing those stats didn't help your case by saying it ain't even close, IJS.

let me rephrase that

kobe has been a bit better this season and it is actually really close. idk why i said it wasnt close lol

but yea u cant go wrong wit either, melo is arguably mvp this season

Posted

let me rephrase that

kobe has been a bit better this season and it is actually really close. idk why i said it wasnt close lol

but yea u cant go wrong wit either, melo is arguably mvp this season

There we go haha, but yeah Kobe's been a little better this season so it makes sense to go with him. Especially since the dude is averaging 5 APG while Melo only has 1.

Posted

Not sure if it's an insult to Carmelo or a testament to Kobe's greatness that he's still among the games best at the age of 34.

Personally I'd take Carmelo but you can go either way.

Posted

Kobe is a better scorer, defender, passer, overall player.

Jay likes this

Posted

Carmelo Anthony's main job is scoring. Yet Kobe Bryant is averaging 30 Points per game compared to Carmelo's 28 while being more efficient from the field and the charity stripe. Carmelo has .something more rebounds while having 2 inches, so even that's a draw. Kobe Bryant is a much better player maker and getting more assists as well. Kobe Bryant is still a better defender and overall player.

Kobe Bryant is a better than prime Melo at the age of 34. That's saying something. Even if it's close, that's still amazing.

Posted

Carmelo Anthony's main job is scoring. Yet Kobe Bryant is averaging 30 Points per game compared to Carmelo's 28 while being more efficient from the field and the charity stripe. Carmelo has .something more rebounds while having 2 inches, so even that's a draw. Kobe Bryant is a much better player maker and getting more assists as well. Kobe Bryant is still a better defender and overall player.

Kobe Bryant is a better than prime Melo at the age of 34. That's saying something. Even if it's close, that's still amazing.

Yep Kobe's been doing 2 things since Nash's injury

Posted

Carmelo has been playing well, but I'm gonna go with Kobe.

I'm surprised Melo's assist are so low. Maybe its the Knicks' system, haven't watched them play much.

Posted

It clearly is because for once Melo is playing on a settled team and also he's been injured and still putting up those numbers. He's been on fire beginning of the season.

Melo and it ain't even close as the end of the season will show (though expect the Lakers to improve as I said Kobe is more hinderance than help as he thinks he's still that player from the days of Shaq .... he ain't)

Posted

Well these two are playing pretty well , but melo has done more for his team while Kobe and the lakers are peaking in the playoffs windows from the outside . Despite Kobe having his best year he's just not getting it done , but overall Melo is playing strenuous and I'm loving can't wait till tomorrow's game.

Posted

It clearly is because for once Melo is playing on a settled team and also he's been injured and still putting up those numbers. He's been on fire beginning of the season.

Melo and it ain't even close as the end of the season will show (though expect the Lakers to improve as I said Kobe is more hinderance than help as he thinks he's still that player from the days of Shaq .... he ain't)

hes not the same player that he was since shaq?

hmmmm. stats say otherwise.

if he isnt the same player then why are his stats one of the best of his career? lol

Posted

"It ain't even close"

THIS SHIT PISSES ME OFF.

Posted

"It ain't even close"

THIS SHIT PISSES ME OFF.

read what i replied to osiris

SMH

Posted

Most Laker/Knicks fans are posting on this. I'd go with Kobe but I'd like to see some other fans.

Posted

No offense but I'm taking Carmelo. Right now, his team is top in the East while the Lakers are struggling in the West.

Posted

No offense but I'm taking Carmelo. Right now, his team is top in the East while the Lakers are struggling in the West.

You mind is set like when they choose who is gonna be MVP. Who is top and who is on the bottom. You're right, Carmelo has carried his team a lot but gets help. He got Felton that can score 20 easy. Then you got Smith and he can easily drop points to. Tyson on the defensive side doing work and even on the offensive side. Kobe tries to carry the team but is it hard. If were gonna choose a MVP between those two imma choose Carmelo but if i had to choose the better player i must go with Kobe.

Posted

You mind is set like when they choose who is gonna be MVP. Who is top and who is on the bottom. You're right, Carmelo has carried his team a lot but gets help. He got Felton that can score 20 easy. Then you got Smith and he can easily drop points to. Tyson on the defensive side doing work and even on the offensive side. Kobe tries to carry the team but is it hard. If were gonna choose a MVP between those two imma choose Carmelo but if i had to choose the better player i must go with Kobe.

LeBron did it with crappy players on the Cavaliers.

Posted

Carmelo in a very slight one for me. He's been more crucial to his team, who's doing much better by the way and Anthony has a large role in that.

Posted

Carmelo, he is leading his team to one of the best records in the league. They have similar numbers but Melo has made a bigger impact for his team, evidenced by his team's record.

Posted

Kobe is a better scorer, defender, passer, overall player.

:rofl:

Posted

I'm taking Melo because he is the key to his teams success and his team has the most wins in the East while Kobe's team isn't even in the playoffs now

Melo has improved defensively by a lot and IS a better defender than Kobe. Kobe's stats are better though I have to admit