56 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 27,002 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Thoughts on this one?

Proves how much efficiently Paul is playing and why he's #3 player in the league IMO

DxhMH7n.gif

#2 OFFLINE   The Real G

The Real G

Shake and Bake

• Members
  • 7,651 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Paul does what is best for the team without caring fabout his stats. I highly respect that
  • WrongIslander 2.0 and ☣David ☣ like this

2mxzF90.png?1?4543

#3 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,429 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

#3?

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Carmelo
5. Kobe

I can agree with that

#4 OFFLINE   Raza 10

Raza 10

Purrrr

• Members
  • 7,993 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

We praise and praise and praise CP3 to no end, but I still think he's underrated around the league.

Even for me, earlier this season I said Rondo > CP3 so far this year. I take that back and am willing to sh*t in my socks and eat them for saying that.

What he does for the Clips is just not measurable. We rarely see someone like him in the league.

#5 OFFLINE   Young Gee

Young Gee

Idol

• Members
  • 13,021 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Best PG in the league BY FAR
  • Ben, The Future and ☣David ☣ like this

tumblr_n4v5gpX7NQ1rtequ6o1_500.gif

russell-westbrook-3-and-strut-game-4-aga

#6 ONLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

PM me her number

• 15,986 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, hes the best PG in the league and it shouldn't be hard to agree with at all, unless you're a complete homer and biased for another player *cough*
  • Flash D3 and ☣David ☣ like this

tumblr_neh1q4qxtG1sqpy32o1_500.gif

#7 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,429 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, hes the best PG in the league and it shouldn't be hard to agree with at all, unless you're a complete homer and biased for another player *cough*

lol

#8 OFFLINE   Abdul™

Abdul™

I ain't a killer but don't push me

• Members
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

#3?

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Paul
4. Carmelo
5. Kobe

I can agree with that

How is Melo better than Kobe?

#9 OFFLINE   TheJamMasterJ

TheJamMasterJ

Original Kyrie Irving fan

• Members
  • 5,811 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Source?

U1278-1342473854.png 1360363370-U13073.png

GM of the suns

#10 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,429 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

How is Melo better than Kobe?

Defense but it's very very close and Melo is the key to his teams success and his team has the most wins in their conference

#11 OFFLINE   Abdul™

Abdul™

I ain't a killer but don't push me

• Members
  • 8,426 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Defense but it's very very close and Melo is the key to his teams success and his team has the most wins in their conference

In what universe is Melo a better defender than Kobe? Stats wise Kobe is easily better than Melo, yes the Knicks have a better record than the Lakers but that isn't really a fair argument, because of Nash and Gasol being out. And if the teams record meant so much, then can we say CP3 and KD > LeBron because the Thunder and Clippers have a better record?

#12 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,429 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

In what universe is Melo a better defender than Kobe? Stats wise Kobe is easily better than Melo, yes the Knicks have a better record than the Lakers but that isn't really a fair argument, because of Nash and Gasol being out. And if the teams record meant so much, then can we say CP3 and KD > LeBron because the Thunder and Clippers have a better record?

Nope because LeBron's all-around game and defense >>>>

Kobe is a horrible defender and has been for the past 2-4 years (give or take), Melo has improved his defense enough to be slightly below average to average at times.

As I said it's very very close, if the Lakers can gain some momentum and get some more wins, I'd give him #4
  • TGIA likes this

#13 OFFLINE   Troll

Troll

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 19,544 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Kobe is a horrible defender and has been for the past 2-4 years (give or take), Melo has improved his defense enough to be slightly below average to average at times.

As I said it's very very close, if the Lakers can gain some momentum and get some more wins, I'd give him #4

Kobe is still a better defender than Carmelo. Kobe doesn't give a sh*t for help defense, but when he is guarding on Ball, he is at 34 better than what Carmelo will ever be. Kobe wasn't a terrible defender when Phil was here, 4 years ago was him winning a championship, he wasn't close to a terrible defender.

His defense is so overate, but some posts on HN make me wonder if people actually watch Kobe Bryant. He is still a good defender in this league and far from terrible.
  • Kill BeIl likes this

13b.gif

#14 OFFLINE   Young Gee

Young Gee

Idol

• Members
  • 13,021 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

GTFO. Kobe might not be the defender he was 3 or 4 years ago, but hes still relatively good, FAR from horrible
  • Kill BeIl likes this

#15 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,429 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Kobe is still a better defender than Carmelo. Kobe doesn't give a sh*t for help defense, but when he is guarding on Ball, he is at 34 better than what Carmelo will ever be. Kobe wasn't a terrible defender when Phil was here, 4 years ago was him winning a championship, he wasn't close to a terrible defender.

His defense is so overate, but some posts on HN make me wonder if people actually watch Kobe Bryant. He is still a good defender in this league and far from terrible.

GTFO. Kobe might not be the defender he was 3 or 4 years ago, but hes still relatively good, FAR from horrible

I don't watch Kobe or you don't? his man defense is bad, he gets blown by SO MANY DAMN times. He is a LIABILITY, a TERRIBLE defender

Watch these and keep an eye out on Kobe's roaming, bad closeouts, help defense, not boxing out on defense, bad man defense, etc from here

I'm done here

#16 OFFLINE   Young Gee

Young Gee

Idol

• Members
  • 13,021 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

I don't watch Kobe or you don't? his man defense is bad, he gets blown by SO MANY DAMN times. He is a LIABILITY, a TERRIBLE defender

Watch these and keep an eye out on Kobe's roaming, bad closeouts, help defense, not boxing out on defense, bad man defense, etc from here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-1arpRTkmI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bvJivGNoUw

I'm done here

Wade does the SAME EXACT sh*t, yet just because he blocks shots people think hes a beast defender (theres a reason as to why the media doesnt talk much about his defense, hes not a very good defender). Kobe is a very good defender when he wants, he doesnt always defend because hes old and has to save much of his energy for offense.
Im done here.

#17 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,429 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Wade does the SAME EXACT sh*t, yet just because he blocks shots people think hes a beast defender (theres a reason as to why the media doesnt talk much about his defense, hes not a very good defender). Kobe is a very good defender when he wants, he doesnt always defend because hes old and has to save much of his energy for offense.
Im done here.

I agree with everything except the bold because Wade is great man defender and is still regarded top 10 because he is still a great defender even with his sometime inconsistent offense

#18 OFFLINE   Young Gee

Young Gee

Idol

• Members
  • 13,021 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

I agree with everything except the bold because Wade is great man defender and is still regarded top 10 because he is still a great defender even with his sometime inconsistent offense

When he wants, just like kobe

#19 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,429 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

When he wants, just like kobe

Nope he actually defends well every game

#20 OFFLINE   Troll

Troll

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 19,544 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yeah, because 1 game and 1 video shows everything. I don't watch games? I haven't missed a game in the past 2 years,don't give me that [expletive deleted]. Kobe isn't the same defender but to call him a terrible defender is the wo rst thing Ive heard all day. Carmelo is no where near the defender Kobe Bryant is. Go check the boxscore and show me how many times a Kobe guarded man lit us up. I don't remember, the last time that happened. Sure, he doesn't play the same defense he used to and doesn't play help defense, but to call him a terrible defender and show us a youtube video based on one game is lame He is an average defender, nothing more, but terrible? He is by NO MEANS a liability on that end and always holds his own. Pls.

13b.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users