• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JordanLaw

JordanLaw

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• HN Members
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

**It's been obvious that SO FAR the D'Antoni-Lakers thing has not worked out... Even during the Lakers 5 game winning streak if you watched the games you almost knew it wouldn't last and the Lakers did not really improve (if they improved at all)...
Pau Gasol has been terrible and Dwight Howard has not performed close to expectations... The only reason Dwight Howard's stats look formidable is because of Hack-a-Dwight and he goes to the FT line so much, and his rebounding numbers and blocked shots are misleading.. I have watched almost every Laker game, so I know.
And the reasons the Lakers won 5 in a row is because number one they played 3 bum teams (wizards, 76ers, Bobcats) and number 2 is because Metta World Peace has been playing out of his mind lately. But really.... Metta World Peace?? Lakers cannot set their hopes on an old and faded and crazy and inconsistent Metta World Peace to get victories.. Basically... Pau and Dwight need to step their game up... Before the season started everyone said the Lakers frontcourt duo of Dwight and Pau was gonna be their main strength, but so far it has actually been their weakness. Because when both are in at the same time the Lakers always get ran outta the gym and their extremely slow on their defensive rotations.
But this is no surprise from Pau, his decline started last year and he continues to get worse. And the way the Lakers are headed, their only 2 consistent players will be their 2 oldest players.. Nash and Kobe.
Also, D'Antoni is either going to have to put his pride aside about not wanting to change his system or be out of a job... And to me, unless the Lakers were getting Phil Jackson or maybe Jerry Sloan; they shoulda kept Bickerstaff... They were 4-1 under him and the offense looked fluent and the Lakers team assists were high and their defense was much, much better.

#2 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• HN Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

they shoulda kept Bickerstaff... They were 4-1 under him and the offense looked fluent and the Lakers team assists were high and their defense was much, much better.

Actually Bickerstaff did not want the head coach role. He was the one to say it. To much pressure and the expectation is to high.

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#3 OFFLINE   The Real G

The Real G

Shake and Bake

• HN Members
  • 6,891 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

And to me, unless the Lakers were getting Phil Jackson or maybe Jerry Sloan; they shoulda kept Bickerstaff... They were 4-1 under him and the offense looked fluent and the Lakers team assists were high and their defense was much, much better.[/size]

They
They played 5 trash and the dude didnt want the job and he was never a head coach.
The real GOAT

#4 OFFLINE   Nashty

Nashty

Suit up!

• HN Members
  • 6,121 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Its all about the Defense, it has been terrible so far.

lYLRK.jpg BpgYi.jpg

#5 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• HN Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Its all about the Defense, it has been terrible so far.

You're right. Not only that, to many players are incosistent like Meeks, MWP, Jamison, Gasol and sometimes Dwight. The team shoots to many threes. The free throws. They have a lot of problems that is not hard to fix. When you have leaders like Kobe, Nash on the court and D'Antoni on the side they should fix this problems. They will but it takes time.

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#6 ONLINE   WTAP

WTAP

Superstar

• HN Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

I think you made a similar thread about Mike Brown before he got canned. If so you're just too hard to please.
  • EssenceOfTheMind, The Logo and Carolina Panthers like this

#7 OFFLINE   JordanLaw

JordanLaw

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• HN Members
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

I think you made a similar thread about Mike Brown before he got canned. If so you're just too hard to please.

Well, if I did make that thread.... I was right.. Mike Brown got fired

#8 ONLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pacers logo only for the playoffs

• 16,352 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Let them play it out. With the exception of Blake we're back at full strength. The whole team including Blake has only played 1.5 games together. Don't worry about it. Also lol at you just concerning yourself about Gasol and Mike. Gasol has played well in the past couple of games and the main concern is the defense.

oldtimers.png

HNL: Bulls GM

S2: 20-62 | S3: 51-31 (Lost to Braves 4-3 in Semi Finals; GMOY) | S3: 52-30 (Lost to 76ers 4-3 in First Round) | S4: 43-21

#9 ONLINE   WTAP

WTAP

Superstar

• HN Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Well, if I did make that thread.... I was right.. Mike Brown got fired

You did, I checked. Were you right about him being fired? Yes. That's beside the point, though. The real problem is that people with your line of thinking seem to be in control over in LA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users