• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ­JDynasty

­JDynasty

KD Gettin dem BUCKETS

• HN Members
  • 12,410 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

For the Celtics and the Lakers, in terms of competing for the championship? Both teams have had great runs (and since 2008 have competed against each other many often) and up until 2012, were still competing in the playoffs. Now we look and we see that many other teams have started to take over and shorten the chances of the Celtics or Lakers winning anything this year, or the years coming up. It's no surprise though that both these teams have done really well in competing the past 4 or so years. But now, as the East and West continue to rise in terms of great teams, is the Celtics and Lakers time for competing up? Which is a surprise too, cause both teams got considerably better. Or am I just overreacting to both of these teams starts, considering it's still pretty early in the season?
  • Nina Barklartey and TGIA like this

89973430d41e5c1f0f3c9ebdf6c7d9ec.gif

#2 ONLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Never question the heart of an all time great

• 16,170 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

I don't think that their time are necesiarly over yet. Nash and Gasol have been injured for the majority of the year and Bradley has been injured for Boston the whole year. I still think they have a chance to contend this season but after a couple of years, I think it'll be an end of the era.

oldtimers.png

HNL: Bulls GM

S2: 20-62 | S3: 51-31 (Lost to Braves 4-3 in Semi Finals; GMOY) | S3: 52-30 (Lost to 76ers 4-3 in First Round) | S4: 4-3

#3 OFFLINE   ­JDynasty

­JDynasty

KD Gettin dem BUCKETS

• HN Members
  • 12,410 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

I don't think that their time are necesiarly over yet. Nash and Gasol have been injured for the majority of the year and Bradley has been injured for Boston the whole year. I still think they have a chance to contend this season but after a couple of years, I think it'll be an end of the era.

for the Lakers side, I Can only hope so, but their defense has to get better, it's the only thing that worries me, if they can shut down teams under a coach like Dantoni
as for the Celtics, I think they might have time too but if they don't turn it around they may be a lower seeded team, like the Lakers may end up being

and of course the usual thing we here about these 2 teams being too old to compete
  • TGIA likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Kill BeIl

Kill BeIl

Ball hard D-waiters

• HN Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

The lakers will contend for years to come imo with dwight howard
Even this year, they have a great chance to come out of the west win it all.

The celtics though are already rebuilding somewhat. they are still contenders nonetheless

tWAO9.png

#5 ONLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Never question the heart of an all time great

• 16,170 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

for the Lakers side, I Can only hope so, but their defense has to get better, it's the only thing that worries me, if they can shut down teams under a coach like Dantoni
as for the Celtics, I think they might have time too but if they don't turn it around they may be a lower seeded team, like the Lakers may end up being

and of course the usual thing we here about these 2 teams being too old to compete

Well we had a good defensive game against Portland. Aside from Aldridge no one scored over 11 and they shot below 42% but the game before we gave up 126 points. If we want to be contenders, we have to be a better more consistent defensive team.

As for Boston, who knows? I don't think that Bradley will make them turn it around completely from a 500 team which they are right now to a 50 win team.

oldtimers.png

HNL: Bulls GM

S2: 20-62 | S3: 51-31 (Lost to Braves 4-3 in Semi Finals; GMOY) | S3: 52-30 (Lost to 76ers 4-3 in First Round) | S4: 4-3

#6 ONLINE   TP9

TP9

meh

• HN Members
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Lakers can still contend, Boston can't,

UEyKKC4.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   ­JDynasty

­JDynasty

KD Gettin dem BUCKETS

• HN Members
  • 12,410 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

The celtics though are already rebuilding somewhat. they are still contenders nonetheless

Hopefully and it's a big IF for Howard to stay in LA

the West has a lot of good teams for LA to get through though, the Thunder, Spurs, OKC, Memphis, to name a few

Well we had a good defensive game against Portland. Aside from Aldridge no one scored over 11 and they shot below 42% but the game before we gave up 126 points. If we want to be contenders, we have to be a better more consistent defensive team.

As for Boston, who knows? I don't think that Bradley will make them turn it around completely from a 500 team which they are right now to a 50 win team.

I totally agree, more consistency on defense and maybe we can be up there with the other powerhouses in the West

Boston may have it a bit easier, which is why I'm surprised they are doing so bad. The East don't have too many strong teams besides NY and Miami
  • The Logo, Brad and TGIA like this

#8 ONLINE   WTAP

WTAP

Superstar

• HN Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

The Celtics are done, the Lakers are not.

#9 OFFLINE   ­JDynasty

­JDynasty

KD Gettin dem BUCKETS

• HN Members
  • 12,410 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

I think the Lakers might be the underdogs now in everyone's eyes, come playoff time

#10 OFFLINE   DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• HN Members
  • 30,036 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

hahahahaha no.

kD5qDbu.jpg

Kevin Johnson #7 - John Starks #3 - Cedric Ceballos #23 - Buck Williams #52 - Rick Mahorn #44

#11 ONLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 23,100 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

The Celtics don't show any good signs at all. onsistently the worst rebounding team in the league, not much help from their bench that was argued as the best in the league during the summer and not much help from KG.
I was the one saying that the Cs don't play at their best in the RS for two seasons now, but they're bad so far. I mean, bad for their roster and the expectations.

Sorry, but IMO, if Paul or Rose were playing for the Celtics instead of Rondo, they'd have a better record. JMO.
Somehow though, I think they'll still be great in the PS and of course with Bradley back.

About the Lakers, you just cannot be out of the conversation for contenders when you have two superstars and two stars. Chemistry and defense are their main issues and for both, all the Lakers need is time, IMO, and they'll have it.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch

#CelticsGang

• HN Members
  • 13,647 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

I think you're overreacting.Both teams will continue to compete, especially since they have stars on each team. Dwight is nowhere near retirement, and neither is Rondo. Both players can take their teams far, even when the vets like Kobe, Pau, Nash, Pierce, KG, and Terry retire. And, fr anyone who thinks the Celtics are done, I say how? They still have great young players like Rondo, Lee, Sullinger, Jeff green, Avery Bradley, and Fab Melo. And, when KG, Pierce, ad Terry retire, get will have a TON of cap space to sign a star player.

parents-not-happy-with-beyonce-performan

#13 OFFLINE   ­JDynasty

­JDynasty

KD Gettin dem BUCKETS

• HN Members
  • 12,410 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

maybe I should have rephrased it a bit, I should've put if they're not at the top of the conference type good anymore. More like a middle of the pack team in both their respective conferences
  • TGIA likes this

#14 ONLINE   Shana

Shana

Paige

• 6,337 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

It's over. There teams now look like first or 2nd round exits

iHHNscxJ0Oewi.gifikyMvRibtfH11.gif

There isnt a person on this planet who should let a past nightmare dictate or cloud there future dreams - CM Punk

#15 OFFLINE   Elite Greatness

Elite Greatness

Rookie

• HN Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

I don't think it's over, it's still a bit early in the season.

Lakers started off the season with a new offense that didnt work which led to the firing of Mike Brown and D'Antoni taking over. Also they have a recovering Nash, Howard and Gasol. Lakers are starting to look up though, they're playing a lot better and will only improve throughout the season.

I haven't kept up with many teams other than Lakers lately but I'm pretty sure Celtics aren't over yet either. They'll be in it until Garnet and Pierce retire. When that happens we'll to see what players Celtics choose to get but with the big cap space I'm sure Celtics will sign pretty good players.
✔ My legs are weak.
✔ My arms are sore.
✔ My chest is heavy.
✔ My body is tired.
✔ I WILL NOT BE STOPPED.

http://www.elitegreatness.com/

#16 OFFLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 24,085 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Based on the current situation, LA has two years to win a title which will happen in the second season IMO and Boston has none.

However, knowing how great front office both of these teams have, especially LA, they will find way to be contenders again.

tumblr_n14mx0Ho7J1qbqbieo2_400.gif

#17 OFFLINE   Costel

Costel

Stitch Up !

• HN Members
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Funny I tell you :)) :))
  • Shana likes this
It can be done..
Posted Image
Courtesy of Costel

#18 OFFLINE   Kill BeIl

Kill BeIl

Ball hard D-waiters

• HN Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Funny I tell you :)) :))

yeah dwight howard isnt a superstar and u cant build around him

tWAO9.png

#19 OFFLINE   dwade06

dwade06

Rookie

• HN Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

u got a point.
still, its a little early to tell.

#20 ONLINE   DJtheCap™

DJtheCap™

Know what the Midwest is?

• HN Members
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

Based on the current situation, LA has two years to win a title which will happen in the second season IMO and Boston has none.

However, knowing how great front office both of these teams have, especially LA, they will find way to be contenders again.

Yeah I agree, I think that Boston's window with that group of players (KG and Pierce) has probably closed already. I doubt that they can compete with the Heat for any shot at the Finals anymore. But yeah, you wouldn't be surprised to see the Celtics flip their roster, grab a few stars and contend again really quickly building around Rondo. The Lakers still have some time and will be relevant down the line if they keep Howard.

1z6co0i.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users