Cousin's agent aiming for Celtics

31 posts in this topic

Posted

COUSINS_2.jpg

It's being reported that Demarcus Cousin’s agent is shopping him to four teams, the Celtics being one of them. Kentucky Sports Radio, which reports on all things University of Kentucky which is Cousin’s alma mater, reported and shared by SacTownRoyalty:

Today KSR has spoken with a source close to Demarcus Cousins both that confirms trade talks are ongoing and Cousins is hoping a deal will be worked out soon. According to the source, the four teams that are most likely to end up making such a deal for cousins are Boston, Dallas, Orlando and Charlotte.

But what would it take to LEGITIMATELY get him here? I know Simmons has been floating a three way trade with the Raptors, Kings and Celtics but I don’t think that’s realistic because at this point there is no way they trade Rondo. Would waiting till closer to the February trade deadline lower his value or drive it up as teams become more desperate for a legit big man? It's clear the Green need to make a move, hopefully Danny has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Patrick Bateman likes this

Posted

wow they get cousins and the celtics are set with yougstersw like rondo cousins and green

Jan_Sobieski™ likes this

Posted

Yeah, also heard that the Celtics were trying to get Gortat. Don't hear much of that anymore

Posted

If they trade Rondo, I think HN would blow up.

Posted

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO WAY that trade goes down unless the Kings are absolutely 150% desperate to get rid of Cousins.

They're trading DeMarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans, Isaiah Thomas, Chuck Hayes, and Jimmer Fredette for Rajon Rondo, Courtney Lee, and D-League Fab Melo. In no universe is that close to a good trade for Sacramento.

And lmao at the Raptors being in here...Kyle Lowry for Tyreke Evans and Isaiah Thomas. Absolute steal.

Saint Nick C likes this

Posted

this is the 3 team trade that Simmons is talking about, whoever wrote the article said Celtics wouldn't do it...but theres no chance Kings do it

Saint Nick C likes this

Posted

this is the 3 team trade that Simmons is talking about, whoever wrote the article said Celtics wouldn't do it...but theres no chance Kings do it

2d6p21d.png

Looking at this picture, Jimmer Fredette and Kyle Lowry have higher PER ratings than Rondo..lol

Boss status.

Posted

If I were Toronto I wouldn't want to do that trade at all that Simmons was talking about. Evans and Thomas are two young talented players, but Lowry is easily better than both of them. Only way I see them pulling the trigger on that trade is if they get a couple of picks or if they get rid of Bargani.

Posted

If we trade Rondo I will stop watching NBA.

Posted

Rondo is GOAT would commit suicide.

Posted

Why would the Boston Celtics give up their future star, MVP candidate and franchise player? He's one of the best point guards in the game today and giving him away would be a huge loss and the deal wouldn't be worth it for Cousins. No offense to Cousins and his game; he has potential to be one of the best C's in the game and each year he's going to get better. Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green and Demarcus Cousins will keep the Celtics competitive, flexible and give them a bright future if the trade goes the way how they plan throughout. I'm not saying these players will remain or Paul Pierce, Jason Terry or Kevin Garnett will be traded.

Posted

Nah, he'd just be a Kings fan.

Posted

maybe he would become a kings fan? :O

Posted

Why would the Boston Celtics give up their future star, MVP candidate and franchise player? He's one of the best point guards in the game today and giving him away would be a huge loss and the deal wouldn't be worth it for Cousins. No offense to Cousins and his game; he has potential to be one of the best C's in the game and each year he's going to get better. Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green and Demarcus Cousins will keep the Celtics competitive, flexible and give them a bright future if the trade goes the way how they plan throughout. I'm not saying these players will remain or Paul Pierce, Jason Terry or Kevin Garnett will be traded.

If I was the Kings GM and the Celtics told me I'm not getting Rondo, I would:

A) Laugh

B) Demand Bradley, Green, Lee, Barbosa, Sullinger, and draft picks and THEN still decide if I have enough..

Posted

No way the Celtics trade Rondo, especially for a high risk player like Cousins, and they dont have the pieces outside of Rondo to get Cousins more than likely so I dont see a deal going down.

Posted

If I was the Kings GM and the Celtics told me I'm not getting Rondo, I would:

A) Laugh

B) Demand Bradley, Green, Lee, Barbosa, Sullinger, and draft picks and THEN still decide if I have enough..

THEY'RE NOT GOING TO GET EQUAL VALUE IN RETURN, REGARDLESS THE TEAM

Posted

THEY'RE NOT GOING TO GET EQUAL VALUE IN RETURN, REGARDLESS THE TEAM

But they can get WAY better value than three role players. If the Kings have any sense in them, they'll go either Rondo or no deal with Boston.

Posted

But they can get WAY better value than three role players. If the Kings have any sense in them, they'll go either Rondo or no deal with Boston.

Who would be stupid enough to try to get Rondo for Cousins?? Jeff Green, AB, & Sullinger are three role players with tremendous upside. And I'd like to see what the Bobcats, Mavs, and Raptors could offer outside their best player(s). Regardless though, and you might disagree with me strongly, but giving up Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, and Jared Sullinger is too much for DMC.

Posted

Who would be stupid enough to try to get Rondo for Cousins?? Jeff Green, AB, & Sullinger are three role players with tremendous upside. And I'd like to see what the Bobcats, Mavs, and Raptors could offer outside their best player(s). Regardless though, and you might disagree with me strongly, but giving up Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, and Jared Sullinger is too much for DMC.

That's the reason why the Kings shouldn't trade with Boston. They aren't gonna get Rondo. That's the only player they should be looking for while trading with Boston. And it won't happen.

Jeff Green is an inconsistent role player.

Jared Sullinger is a rookie averaging 5 points a game playing 18 minutes on the team with arguably the biggest need for big men.

Avery Bradley has shown to have potential and to be a good starter for one month in his two year career.

That's too much for a top 5 center with the potential to compete with DWIGHT HOWARD in being the league's best center?

Posted

That's the reason why the Kings shouldn't trade with Boston. They aren't gonna get Rondo. That's the only player they should be looking for while trading with Boston. And it won't happen.

Jeff Green is an inconsistent role player.

Jared Sullinger is a rookie averaging 5 points a game playing 18 minutes on the team with arguably the biggest need for big men.

Avery Bradley has shown to have potential and to be a good starter for one month in his two year career.

That's too much for a top 5 center with the potential to compete with DWIGHT HOWARD in being the league's best center?

I doubt the Mavs give up OJ Mayo

I doubt the Raps give up Kyle Lowry

I doubt the Cats give up Michael Kidd- Gilchrist

Guess they can't trade with any of those teams if they're not gonna get their best players either.

Jeff Green just came back from heart surgery, and is doing better than most guys would do coming back from an injury like that.

Jared Sullinger, like you said, is a ROOKIE, give him time to develop, did you expect double digit rebounding or something? Even the #1 pick isn't averaging that.

Avery Bradley continued his great play all the way through his last playoff minute, I don't know where you got a month from. He's already developed into one of the league's best defenders.

And yes, it is too much because Avery is our starting SG for now and the future and is quickly developing. Jared Sullinger is gonna be our main PF when KG's gone and Jeff Green is our ONLY back up for Pierce, unless you plan on bringing a couple D-Leaguers up.

Posted

I doubt the Mavs give up OJ Mayo

I doubt the Raps give up Kyle Lowry

I doubt the Cats give up Michael Kidd- Gilchrist

Guess they can't trade with any of those teams if they're not gonna get their best players either.

Jeff Green just came back from heart surgery, and is doing better than most guys would do coming back from an injury like that.

Jared Sullinger, like you said, is a ROOKIE, give him time to develop, did you expect double digit rebounding or something? Even the #1 pick isn't averaging that.

Avery Bradley continued his great play all the way through his last playoff minute, I don't know where you got a month from. He's already developed into one of the league's best defenders.

And yes, it is too much because Avery is our starting SG for now and the future and is quickly developing. Jared Sullinger is gonna be our main PF when KG's gone and Jeff Green is our ONLY back up for Pierce, unless you plan on bringing a couple D-Leaguers up.

Maybe not Mayo, but I'd give up Lowry or MKG for Cousins. He has a way higher ceiling than both, even more than Kidd-Gilchrist.

Green is 26 years old. How long do you want to give him to recover for his injury? Give him one more season to get back into form and he should already be in his prime. Coming off of two-three seasons of not-top play, when do you expect him to do well? He won't get much better than he is doing now. He's performing well for his minutes, but it's not like he has the potential that we saw from him before when he was with OKC. He's just an average player, a solid role player. He'll do pretty well for his minutes. Good to have but not anything coaches will go crazy for.

lol I'm taking his one month of being good from looking at his game log and noticing his one month of top production. He's made a name for his defense but a long time ago, I showed D-Wade's impact against the Celtics last season. It was like 22 PPG on the season, 21 against Boston with Bradley, 20 against Boston without Bradley. That's the best player Bradley went up against and although he made Wade work, he didn't shut him down or slow him very much. He is an amazing defender and could certainly help the Kings, but at the price of DMC? And what about the Kings' mountains of guards? What happens with them? That hurts the team chemistry and brings another guard into the team with too many guards to begin with.

Sullinger is a rookie with potential. DeMarcus Cousins' potential >>>>> Sullinger's. I hope even Celtic fans can agree there. Sullinger is a late first round PF with a lot of potential. Thomas Robinson was the 5th pick. Thomas Robinson is a PF with a lot of potential. Why do they need to bring in Sullinger? They drafted Thomas Robinson with their fifth pick and having Sullinger eat up his minutes would mess with the development that the Kings expected with Robinson.

And then we have DMC who is already a top 5 (arguably top 3) center in the league who will be getting better and better for the next 5-6 years.

Are three role players worth that? What are the Kings gonna do with Green, Bradley, and Sully? They are loaded with guards already, John Salmons is matching Jeff Green's production this season, and they already have Thomas Robinson as their potential-loaded PF. Where do these guys fit in and why would they be worth the Kings' franchise player?

I'll reiterate. The Kings shouldn't deal DMC to Boston unless they can get Rondo. The Celtics won't give Rondo. The Celtics want to give a heap of their role players for DMC. The Kings shouldn't do that. Boston and Sacramento trade rumors for DMC should be DONE. The only way I see this happening is if the Kings are desperate to get rid of DMC. They aren't desperate right now. They have time to look through offers before the deadline. Unless they have no other choice or DMC tries to DEMAND to be traded to Boston, they can find a better deal than Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, and Jared Sullinger.

The Logo likes this

Posted

Thats all fine and good, but Cousins is already a top 5 center and has the potential to be the best, Sullinger and Green are replaceable easily, you arent gonna get many opportunities to net a top 5 center, you are overrating the Cs players if you think 3 role players is too much for Cousins.

Kobes 5th Ring likes this

Posted

Thats all fine and good, but Cousins is already a top 5 center and has the potential to be the best, Sullinger and Green are replaceable easily, you arent gonna get many opportunities to net a top 5 center, you are overrating the Cs players if you think 3 role players is too much for Cousins.

I don't mean in it in the way that they're all too good, just too valuable.

Posted

Maybe not Mayo, but I'd give up Lowry or MKG for Cousins. He has a way higher ceiling than both, even more than Kidd-Gilchrist.

Green is 26 years old. How long do you want to give him to recover for his injury? Give him one more season to get back into form and he should already be in his prime. Coming off of two-three seasons of not-top play, when do you expect him to do well? He won't get much better than he is doing now. He's performing well for his minutes, but it's not like he has the potential that we saw from him before when he was with OKC. He's just an average player, a solid role player. He'll do pretty well for his minutes. Good to have but not anything coaches will go crazy for.

lol I'm taking his one month of being good from looking at his game log and noticing his one month of top production. He's made a name for his defense but a long time ago, I showed D-Wade's impact against the Celtics last season. It was like 22 PPG on the season, 21 against Boston with Bradley, 20 against Boston without Bradley. That's the best player Bradley went up against and although he made Wade work, he didn't shut him down or slow him very much. He is an amazing defender and could certainly help the Kings, but at the price of DMC? And what about the Kings' mountains of guards? What happens with them? That hurts the team chemistry and brings another guard into the team with too many guards to begin with.

Sullinger is a rookie with potential. DeMarcus Cousins' potential >>>>> Sullinger's. I hope even Celtic fans can agree there. Sullinger is a late first round PF with a lot of potential. Thomas Robinson was the 5th pick. Thomas Robinson is a PF with a lot of potential. Why do they need to bring in Sullinger? They drafted Thomas Robinson with their fifth pick and having Sullinger eat up his minutes would mess with the development that the Kings expected with Robinson.

And then we have DMC who is already a top 5 (arguably top 3) center in the league who will be getting better and better for the next 5-6 years.

Are three role players worth that? What are the Kings gonna do with Green, Bradley, and Sully? They are loaded with guards already, John Salmons is matching Jeff Green's production this season, and they already have Thomas Robinson as their potential-loaded PF. Where do these guys fit in and why would they be worth the Kings' franchise player?

I'll reiterate. The Kings shouldn't deal DMC to Boston unless they can get Rondo. The Celtics won't give Rondo. The Celtics want to give a heap of their role players for DMC. The Kings shouldn't do that. Boston and Sacramento trade rumors for DMC should be DONE. The only way I see this happening is if the Kings are desperate to get rid of DMC. They aren't desperate right now. They have time to look through offers before the deadline. Unless they have no other choice or DMC tries to DEMAND to be traded to Boston, they can find a better deal than Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, and Jared Sullinger.

I guarantee you if Sac asked for every team's best player to be packaged in some sort of trade for DMC, they'd have 30 rejection messages waiting in their inbox the next day. And no, Sullinger would've been a top 3 pick last year if he entered, and a top 10 pick this year had he not been red flagged.

And as for Jeff Green, I really don't know. He was averaging about 17 and 7 as a sophomore while playing with KD. Had he stayed healthy and kept his consistence, he would undoubtedly been a 20+ point scorer today.

Posted

I guarantee you if Sac asked for every team's best player to be packaged in some sort of trade for DMC, they'd have 30 rejection messages waiting in their inbox the next day. And no, Sullinger would've been a top 3 pick last year if he entered, and a top 10 pick this year had he not been red flagged.

And as for Jeff Green, I really don't know. He was averaging about 17 and 7 as a sophomore while playing with KD. Had he stayed healthy and kept his consistence, he would undoubtedly been a 20+ point scorer today.

IF Sullinger did this and IF that didn't happen, he would be higher up..okay cool. Sullinger was 21 and Robinson was 5. If we want to use projections, Robinson was projected to go 2nd.There are reasons for that.

IF Green didn't get injured and IF Green kept his consistence, he'd be better..okay cool. He didn't. Now he's an average player.

LOL. You're really undervaluing DMC. He's a top 5 center in the league. He's 22 years old averaging 16/10. 30 rejection letters if the Kings wanted people's best players?

Unlike making blind and ridiculous assumptions, I'll go down the list and actually break it down instead of just guessing with "if"s.

Hawks - Josh Smith. The Hawks have been shopping Smith according to a lot of rumors, and he's around the prime of his career. Statistically, he's not doing as well as Cousins, but he does have defense way over Cousins. DMC is 22. Smith is 27. Give me DMC.

Celtics - Rajon Rondo. No deal.

Nets - Deron Williams. Deron Williams is underachieving and has shown no signs of going back to his Utah days. The Nets already have Brook Lopez, but give me DMC over Deron or Lopez any day.

Bobcats - Kemba Walker. DMC > Kemba Walker please don't try to argue..

Bulls - Joakim Noah. Noah and Cousins are two of the centers duking it out for the #3 center spot. This could go either way. I'll give it to Noah here. But imagine a Rose/DMC duo.

Cavs - Kyrie Irving. Give me Kyrie because of his potential, too. He's already a 20 point scorer in his second season and could possibly be a top 3 PG in the near future.

Mavericks - OJ Mayo. I've said before that the Mavs probably wouldn't give up Mayo since he's being their savior right now.

Nuggets - Andre Iguodala. We have JaVale McGee coming off the bench anyway, and we still have Gallinari, Brewer, and Chandler. I'd give up Iggy for DMC if Karl could get his head on straight. It's been working for McGee.

Pistons - Greg Monroe. DeMarcus Cousins > Greg Monroe. Monroe is more talented overall but again you're undervaluing Cousins' potential. I'll say again he's 22 YEARS OLD averaging a 16/10 double double with skills not too many centers have such as passing and handles.

Warriors - Stephen Curry. Curry is the Warriors' franchise player, so I doubt they let him go.

Rockets - James Harden. One of the league's top scorers. I'd say no for Harden.

Pacers - Paul George? Danny Granger? Roy Hibbert? George and Hibbert have the potential to be great but both have underachieved like crazy so far this season. This is basically a potential contest. DeMarcus Cousins wins.

Clippers - Chris Paul. Best point guard in the league. No

Lakers - Kobe Bryant. Best shooting guard in the world. No.

Grizzlies - I'm not sure. Gay? Randolph? Gasol? I'd take DMC over any of the three while looking for the future. However, the Grizzlies are a young rising team growing together so I wouldn't want to ruin the chemistry there.

Heat - Lebron James. lol. Lebron.

Bucks - Brandon Jennings? Monta Ellis? Both of these guys are great scorers with some more room to improve. Larry Sanders has been beasting it so this one's a no-go.

T-Wolves - Kevin Love put up numbers last season that nobody had done since Shaquille O'Neal. I doubt they let him go.

Orlando Magic - Glen Davis. LOL. DeMarcus Cousins.

Hornets - Ryan Anderson? Gimme DeMarcus Cousins.

Knicks - Melo. Gimme Melo for obvious reasons.

Thunder - Kevin Durant. No.

76ers - Right now Jrue Holiday, soon to be Andrew Bynum. Bynum probably has more potential than DMC and already has destroyed the league for a season. Bynum.

Suns - I don't know. Dragic? Gortat? DMC > Dragic. DMC > Gortat. DMC.

Blazers - Aldridge. It's tough, because we're focusing on a great PF right now vs. a great C in the future. With Lillard still growing, I'd rather have Aldridge to step up when needed since he's already developed pretty nicely.

Spurs - Tony Parker/Tim Duncan. I'd keep them with the Spurs just because we've seen that core for so long and no way Pop is getting rid of them. DMC is definitely more valuable at this stage of their careers though looking at the future.

Raptors - DeMar DeRozan. Battle of the two-capital-lettered first names. DeMar can be a good player on any team. But DMC > DeMar. I can't even think of any argument when thinking about the future

Jazz - Al Jefferson. It's a toss-up. Jefferson is in his prime doing great, but Cousins will be better than Jefferson is right now. Jefferson (like many people here) is shooting a much higher percentage, but looking at the future, DMC is better.

Wizards - John Wall. He's still injured and Wall has the high potential Cousins has. But I'd take a Wall/DMC duo over a Wall/NeNe. Not even close with that but I'll go Wall.

So look and tell me if you would rather have all of those players over DeMarcus Cousins. DMC is a head-case, but if he can get controlled and developed, he will fight with Dwight/Bynum for the top spot in the league's centers. He's shooting a low percentage this year, but he's 22 years old and has already proved to be one of the top centers. Just look at the explanations up there. A lot of the "no"s are just because of situational reasons, not value reasons. DMC is better than at least 25 starting centers in the NBA. DMC is one of the most valuable players in the NBA if you can keep his attitude in check and let him develop like he can. You are severely underrating Cousins' potential.

Kobes 5th Ring and Jay like this