Photo

Are the Spurs still contenders?

• Please log in to reply

#1 OFFLINE   Ant™

Ant™
  • Hoops-Nation Illuminati

• 13,499 posts

• Nina Barklartey likes this
Or is the west too deep? The Spurs still have their stars and a great coach in Popovich.

tumblr_mqs9id2iW91qd9agqo7_r1_250.gif

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

#2 OFFLINE   Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers
Seems like the Spurs have been contenders for as long as I've been alive.

Yep, they'll contend for the title until coach Pop retires. I just watched them hold the Nets to 5 points in the 3rd quarter in awe, Duncan is playing like he's 26, Parker & Ginobli are still playing well, their bench is still deep as usual and the emergence of Kawhi Leonard figures to pay dividends come postseason. I expect him to play a huge factor in the playoffs on both ends of the court.

The only teams I consider to be contenders in the West are the Spurs, Thunder, Grizzlies & Clippers to be honest. The Spurs are capable of beating each and every one of these teams. Plus the Thunder squad that knocked them out of the WCF last year had a guy called James Harden who played terrific in the waning moments of that series. He's in Houston now, adv Spurs

ib11WAqf5J7DxS.gifi1WsvbSkT93BO.gif

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

#3 ONLINE   Ben

Ben
  • 3peat in sight

• 26,462 posts

Ant pls

Of course they are Contenders mang

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

#4 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT
  • Greek God

• 7,467 posts

Fo sure. As long as they have Pop and Timmy D and Tony and Manu all together then they'll always be contenders

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

#5 ONLINE   Ace I

Ace I
  • Los Awesome

• 7,437 posts

Of Course they're still contenders. CP explained it pretty much.

john-wall-dougies2.gif

.                                                                                HNL Minnesota Timberwolves GM

PSN: Ace_Rager97

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

#6 ONLINE   Djoker

Djoker
  • Enforcer

• 13,466 posts

• Nina Barklartey and Real Deal like this
There are contenders but it's a long shot for them to win a title imo. Too old, good but not great defense, and no real superstar.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

#7 OFFLINE   Abdul™

Abdul™
  • I ain't a killer but don't push me

• 8,418 posts

They've been contenders since they drafted Duncan and it will stay that way untill he retires.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

#8 OFFLINE   SportsFan93

SportsFan93
  • Frank Cornelius Jr. aka THE BOAT

• 19,578 posts

• Nina Barklartey and Costel like this
Spurs will be contenders as long as Pop coaches them. I like them or the Lakers out of the West. Don't think OKC can beat them without Harden and I'm not sold on the Clips.

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

#9 OFFLINE   Mr. Smiley

Mr. Smiley
  • Just put Smiley on 'em!

• 6,774 posts

Haven't you see, they still can beat young teams. So I definitely say "They're still contenders".

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

#10 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch
  • #CelticsGang

• 13,672 posts

Yes. I would say they are contenders but I doubt they will reached the finals or conference finals.

parents-not-happy-with-beyonce-performan

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

#11 ONLINE   Swish

Swish
  • ***NBA IN MTL***

• 33,852 posts

As long as the Spurs have Popovitch and their big three, they'll be contenders... just wait for Kawhi Leonard to be 100% and I think we'll see some great Spurs basketball like we did last season.

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

#12 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0
  • Wanted for kidnapping: Tony Woops

• 7,622 posts

Never count out such a gifted, experienced and fundamentally sound team as the San Antonio Spurs.

tumblr_ldx837AN4O1qdtyuto1_500.gif

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

#13 OFFLINE   Nina Barklartey

Nina Barklartey
  • Bernard King 2.0

• 5,931 posts

Popp is so, so good- I thought that it was so cool when he took his "fine" last season- he sees the schedule when it comes out and he decides then when he is "resting" his players He doesn't care what game it is and how the NBA can benefit from the marque match-up's. He knows his team and that is his only concern...

The Spurs have always reminded me of an Anaconda. The just go about their biz very steady, sturdy and quietly. But then when you play them they slowly make their way up to your neck and wrap themselves around your body. Then they just squeeze the life right out of you.

I do agree with Djoker, that while they are always right at the top and right in the mix. I don't know if they can earn the Big Golden Ball when it is all said and done because of their age and the "new" teams that have emerged as the elite.

However, I still would have to be a fool to bet against Popp and The Spurs...
Why do you love this game? :dribble:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

#14 OFFLINE   Flip

Flip
  • Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 8,601 posts
The Spurs are always contenders.

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

#15 OFFLINE   Another 3 pointer!?™®

Another 3 pointer!?™®
  • Iluminati™ Enforcer

• 53 posts

As long as they still have Duncan,Parker and Manu yeah you can count on them being a contender.

Miami Heat Anthem

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome Guest!

Hello and welcome to our forums, Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. You may be required to register to be able to discuss and communicate with other members of our community.