At This Point the Hawks are Nothing Short of Extremely Impressive

20 posts in this topic

Posted

3rd in the East only like a game behind the Heat for 1st despite losing Joe Johnson and Crawford. Smith and Horford have been beasts on both ends and Teague has developed. Of course they won't be a threat in the playoffs but still... best defense in the league!

Posted

I agree. They have suprised me So much. I never would have even predicted thgem to be a top 6 seed,

Posted

I never thought much of Atlanta before this year. I thought they were going to be a lottery team. They definitely surprised me. I thought they weren't going to be good because their only good defender on the peremiter was Stevenson. But Teague is playing really well as is Lou Williams and Smith and Horford.

Posted

I thought they would slip after losing Joe Johnson. Now I wonder if Joe Johnson was actually holding them back.

THUNDERSTRUCK likes this

Posted

They picked up Lou Williams...

and lol if you thought they were gonna be a lottery team.

Posted

Joe john

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Joe johnson was holding them back :P

seriously though, they have good depth and a good bench

Lou williams is mad underrated. such a beast. I believe they can go a lil deep in the playoffs.

Posted

I always thought that Joe Johnson was overrated when he was with the Hawks and only held them back.

Posted

3rd in the East only like a game behind the Heat for 1st despite losing Joe Johnson and Crawford. Smith and Horford have been beasts on both ends and Teague has developed. Of course they won't be a threat in the playoffs but still... best defense in the league!

finally somebody realizes!

Posted

I can't believe they haven't called up K Mart yet. He really stepped up in the playoffs for LAC last year, and on a team filled with wings they need a veteran to back up Smith/Horford

Posted

If they are 3rd in the league, they are definitely a threat in the playoffs. They can make it to the conference semis at worst with they way they are playing right now.

Posted

They are definitely way better than i expected. I seriously see Dwight in a Hawks uniform next season.

Posted

Alwayss knew Josh could lead a team

Posted

The Eastern conference is a joke this year! How can you say their impressive? Have you seen the Warrior!? Now thats extremely impressive!

Posted

The Eastern conference is a joke this year! How can you say their impressive? Have you seen the Warrior!? Now thats extremely impressive!

Posted

Why aren't they a playoff threat?

No go-to scorer. In a slow-paced game they just won't score nearly enough and that's where they'll miss JJ mightily.

GS is playing hard so far but I still think it will be a real dogfight for them just to make the playoffs, If they somehow do they're 1st round fodder. Average defensively, no superstars, and being reliant on fast breaks is not a recipe for playoff success.

Posted

Lou Williams has helped them a damn lot... he doesn't stop the ball movement like Joe Johnson used to do... Josh Smith has also been HUGE for the Hawks dishing dimes, grabbing boards, blocking shots, scoring buckets... the guy does everything and it's great to finally see a developed Jeff Teague!

Posted

Crawford? He left before 11/12 season lmao

Posted

I always thought that Joe Johnson was overrated when he was with the Hawks and only held them back.

I always thought he was overrated as well. IMO he was a never a #1 option on a team, at best he was a 2nd option. The hawks paid him as a top option and treated him as one and IMO thats why they never did nothing in the playoffs. The Hawks now play as a team and spread the wealth instead of just running it thru 1 guy. I do believe Joe Johnson was holding them down. They look very impressive in what I have seen from them this year.