6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 34,036 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

Posted Image

Dwight Howard has moved his feet about six inches behind the free-throw line over the last month or so. Howard had noticed that many of his free throw attempts were bouncing off the back of the rim.
The half-step back has resulted in some forward movement in precision.
Howard had been averaging 46.9 percent and has made 56 of 91 attempts (61.5 percent) over the 11 games before Tuesday.
"The success can't be measured by numbers right now," Howard said Tuesday. "The success is measured by consistency, and for the most part I've been consistent."
"I just think he's getting more comfortable and getting his confidence," Mike D'Antoni said before the game. "And he's hit some big ones. I think he's around 80 percent when they've fouled him on purpose or toward the end of the game, which is good."
Via Ben Bolch/Los Angeles Times

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#2 OFFLINE   Costel

Costel

I AM

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

D'Antoni thinks he was 80% in clutch. If he gets to 70-75 % it's very good for the Lakers, but until then most teams should foul him on purpose if they want to get back into the game easier.

It can be done..
 v7b2o0.jpg
Courtesy of Saint Nick C.

#3 OFFLINE   Another 3 pointer!?™®

Another 3 pointer!?™®

Iluminati™ Enforcer

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Until he can get his freethrow percentage to respectable 65-70%, nobody is going to respect him at the freethrow line.

Miami Heat Anthem

#4 OFFLINE   Kill BeIl

Kill BeIl

Ball hard D-waiters

• Members
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Why doesnt he just shoot from the 3pt line?

tWAO9.png

#5 OFFLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

EYE KEEL U!

• Members
  • 8,352 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Remember when everyone said... "Dwight can't live off his athleticism his whole career"? And that he needed to "add to his offensive arsenal"?

Yeah...

Get the free throws down. Learn to make a jumpshot. Or at least two go-to post moves.

Watching Dwight in the post is like a comedy of swipes that turn into turnovers. He doesn't protect the ball for jack squat. As strong as he is, he dribbles across the paint and not to the rim, because like rejected luggage... he has no handles.

He almost never has his eye on the rim. So when he does elevate for a hook... or whatever that half arc laser beam shot of his is... it hits hard and is about as accurate at the rim as I am taking a p!ss after 10 shots of tequila.

atbgif.gif

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities. - Bruce Lee

#6 OFFLINE   Mr. Smiley

Mr. Smiley

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Good for him, and good for the Lakers. This will totally help the Lakers.

#7 OFFLINE   Kleeps

Kleeps

Intern

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

This was the best quote in the whole piece. ""The success is measured by consistency, and for the most part I've been consistent.""Apparently he's been successful at free throws his whole career. He's consistently shot around 50%. Sounds pretty successful to me.

lebron-james-photobomb-o.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users