Son of Clippers owner Sterling found dead

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TP9

TP9

• Members
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

MALIBU, Calif. (AP) -- The son of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling was found dead of an apparent drug overdose at his Malibu home, authorities said Wednesday.

The body of Scott Ashley Sterling, 32, was found shortly after 11:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 22600-block of Pacific Coast Highway, Los Angeles County coroner's Lt. Larry Dietz said.
Deputies dispatched to check on Sterling's welfare found his body. A friend of Sterling's said he hadn't been heard from for several days, according to a statement from the county Sheriff's Department.
Paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.
"Sheriff's homicide and Los Angeles County coroner's personnel at this time believe that Sterling died of an apparent drug overdose," the statement said.
Dietz said the death appeared to be accidental, but an autopsy was planned to determine the exact cause of death.
Messages left for Donald Sterling and a Clippers spokesman were not immediately returned.
In 1999, Scott Sterling, then 19, was arrested for shooting his friend with a shotgun. Beverly Hills police said Philip Scheid was shot in the legs during an argument at Donald Sterling's mansion. Scheid said he was shot from behind while running away. Sterling said he fired in self-defense after Scheid approached him with a knife. The county district attorney's office declined to file criminal charges, citing credibility problems with the victim.
Scott Sterling's father is a multimillionaire, a philanthropist and owner of a basketball team that recently had a franchise-record, 17-game winning streak. That streak ended Tuesday night with a 92-78 loss to the Denver Nuggets.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/01/02/clippers-sterling-son.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts
  • Nina Barklartey likes this

DampImpeccableDrongo.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT

DA GAWD

• Members
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

Seems a little messed up...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• Members
  • 30,142 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Of course he OD'd.

uMe1yFr.jpg

#4 ONLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

EYE KEEL U!

• Members
  • 8,319 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I dislike Donald Sterling, but it's horrible to lose your child... OD'd too. SMH.

Super rich kids with nothing but loose ends
Super rich kids with nothing but fake friends

Frank Ocean said it right.

atbgif.gif

To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities. - Bruce Lee

#5 ONLINE   PaulTrillsap

PaulTrillsap

Most Influential Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 4,893 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Somebody had himself a crazy new years party

I'm LeBron Jamesufdup.png you a fukking rookie pacspit.gif

#6 OFFLINE   Savage™

Savage™

http://mastakushhoe.tumblr.com/

• Members
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Rich people live dat life

GhwRkYX.gif?1

"I thought school was wack, being cool was wack/And niggas thought I was cool, how cool is that?"

#7 OFFLINE   Nina Barklartey

Nina Barklartey

Bernard King 2.0

• Members
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I am not a big fan of Sterling however, this is awful. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. I wonder how this will affect the team- they will either rally and have more of a reason to come together. Or it could really distract and send them into a tailspin. I would bet that they rally due to the leadership of CP3 and Billiups...

I hate hearing news like this. But I heard it here on H-N 1st not any of the major media outlets-

Thanks for keeping us posted and updated on the news of the NBA...
Why do you love this game? :dribble:

#8 OFFLINE   Flip

Flip

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Wow, that's very unfortunate. RIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users