Photo

With Amar'e back can the Knicks be even more of a threat ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lil Kyrie™

Lil Kyrie™

New York Knicks 2012-2013

• Members
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

With the mediocre return of Amar'e Stoudemire behind us Knicks fans there still leaves some unanswered questions that we still have in our hearts . Do we get better with the return of Amar'e ? Do we get worse ?
Despite the loss and Amar'e trying to get back to the reflection of the 2010-11 Amar'e we still have a lot of gaps to fill with the addition. When Amar'e does work his way to the starting role I believe that him and Tyson can perhaps gel with each other . Although Amar'e is not a known effective defender Chandler can pick up the slack on that end of the floor , while both of these big men can create some havoc on the offensive side . Also with him taking a initiative to add to his arsenal by working with Hakeem Olajuwon I honestly think he can become his old self and lead us to a heart welcoming championship to the Mecca of Basketball Madison Square Garden .

run4fun808.gif?dateline=1365332746HNL SUNS GM

RtSPYU.gif

#2 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

lead us to a heart welcoming championship to the Mecca of Basketball Madison Square Garden .

The Knicks will not win the championship. First of all they can't beat any good contending team in a seven game series. I can't see them beating the Heat, Thunder or even the Clippers. Second they are to old, even more older than the Lakers. I can't seriously see them winning four games against the Heat in a seven game series...

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#3 OFFLINE   Bay

Bay

Trees and Truths

• Administrators
  • 17,542 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Did you watch the game vs the Trailblazers?

tumblr_negza0UqyN1rqkpceo1_r1_500.gif

#4 OFFLINE   Lil Kyrie™

Lil Kyrie™

• Members
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

of course i did, I know we had a horrible first half nothing could fall for us the only two players that kept us in the game were melo and smith. But the second half was a better start than the first half I know we had some dense problems with Amar'e but eventually working under a system with Woodson he will get the hang of it . Maybe he just needs more practice with the team he's only practiced twice so it's a time consuming process .

RtSPYU.gif

#5 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

The Knicks will not win the championship. First of all they can't beat any good contending team in a seven game series. I can't see them beating the Heat, Thunder or even the Clippers. Second they are to old, even more older than the Lakers. I can't seriously see them winning four games against the Heat in a seven game series...

We can't beat any good team in 7 games? And you know this how? We've played the defending champions twice, once with our MVP and once without and we beat them pretty comfortably both times. Too old? Age is just a number, if there are injuries then you might have a point but on the court, those old guys get [expletive deleted] done.

While we might not win the whole thing to completely write us off is laughable.

Yes I did and again I saw a team that wouldn't quit when things weren't going their way. I also saw a team that like when the Mavs struggled to welcome Dirk back, lost ground by concerning themselves with the bigger picture. More than all that though one game is not enough to suggest a team can or can not win a championship.
  • Lil Kyrie™ likes this

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#6 OFFLINE   Lil Kyrie™

Lil Kyrie™

• Members
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

We can't beat any good team in 7 games? And you know this how? We've played the defending champions twice, once with our MVP and once without and we beat them pretty comfortably both times. Too old? Age is just a number, if there are injuries then you might have a point but on the court, those old guys get [expletive deleted] done.

Yes I did and again I saw a team that wouldn't quit when things weren't going their way. I also saw a team that like when the Mavs struggled to welcome Dirk back, lost ground by concerning themselves with the bigger picture. More than all that though one game is not enough to suggest a team can or can not win a championship.

I completely agree with you . We can beat a team in a 7 game series, if the playoffs ended today we would play Brooklyn Nets and with the recent turn of events with their organization I think we a have a clear opportunity on making it to the second round .

RtSPYU.gif

#7 OFFLINE   Flip

Flip

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

If he can come off the bench without a problem and not [expletive deleted] up the chemistry the teams has right now, they'll be huge.

#8 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

You can beat a good team but not a contending team. Last year the Knicks lost 4-1 to Heat in the playoffs. I guarantee if they played again the Knicks would maximum win two games. The Knicks can beat the Nets, Hawks, Bucks and even the Celtics. But I'm talking about when the Knicks gets to the second round etc. So if the playoffs was right now, in the first round the Knicks would go up against the Nets. A tough one but you move on to the second round. There the Knicks play either the Pacers or the Bucks. Probably you would move on to play the Heat in the Eastern Conferene Finals. There you would get hammered by the Heat.

The Knicks will even struggle against the Sixers when Bynum comes back. IMO

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#9 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,994 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Yeah they can. They just gotta find Amare at the right place at the right time. Amare could finish around the rim and could get some nice mid-range shots. He could also drive it from the elbow to the rim but after coming back from an injury, you rather have him already set up at the right place instead of having him do all kinds of things to score the basketball... I think the Knicks should really focus to use Amare well and not have him ruin their offense once again.

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#10 OFFLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 18,106 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

It depends. He needs to play solid defense and get double digit in rebounds. To me, if he does that then the Knicks are better off than they once were. If he doesn't rebound and plays normal defense and takes the same amount of shots he'll hurt the Knicks. Needs to take smarter shots and rebound and defend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users