Photo

NBA: Overall is the NBA as a whole stronger this year?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Another 3 pointer!?™®

Another 3 pointer!?™®

Iluminati™ Enforcer

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

A lot have teams have emerged in the West to contend for the Western Conference title. You have the emergence of the Clippers,Warriors,Trailblazers,Nuggets and Houston Rockets among your usually dominant Western C. teams like the Thunder,Spurs and slumping Lakers.
In the East you have the emergence of the Knicks,Hawks & Milwaukee Bucks who want to have the chance to slug it out with Miami for the Eastern Conference title.
You got the Nuggets & Warriors beating the Clippers.Knicks blowing out the Heat.Charlotte beating Chicago.

Its a dogfight in the playoffs this year.

What do you think?

Miami Heat Anthem

#2 OFFLINE   Sean

Sean

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 9,741 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I agree with this. The nba just has so much talent all around the league

#3 OFFLINE   Flip

Flip

• Members
  • 8,602 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I really think teams this year are balanced. It's good for the NBA

#4 ONLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

I'M A BOOZER

• Members
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Ehhh... not gonna' lie. Lockout aside. Last year was a whole lot more fun.

I think I'm for a shorter season TBH.

tumblr_n1qg2tQncc1svefdfo2_r2_500.gif

nehruviandoom-logo-6.png

#5 OFFLINE   Another 3 pointer!?™®

Another 3 pointer!?™®

Iluminati™ Enforcer

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

What do you mean?

Miami Heat Anthem

#6 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,977 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Definitely...

Nuggets are better, Heat are better (Believe it or not), Raptors, Thunder, Clippers, Warriors and so many other teams. This season has been amazing so far

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#7 ONLINE   Jay

Jay

On The Rise

• Members
  • 19,445 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Is it cause of the Lakers?

rsz_shraddha-kapoor-eyes.jpg

#8 ONLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

I'M A BOOZER

• Members
  • 7,819 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Is it cause of the Lakers?

Nah.

Please. I've watched every grueling game and win or lose, I love watching the Lakers. Even if it hurts.

It just it was more like college.

The games counted for more because there was less room for error. It felt like teams were really pushing and fighting for position.

The East has been woefully weak and boring save for NY. MIA is even eating s#!t versus teams on the road and in general looking beatable. Championship hangover or whatever.

The West is super stacked, yet I've only enjoyed watching the GSW and OKC as teams and individually Lillard in PORT and Crawford in LAC.
  • Kobes 5th Ring likes this

tumblr_n1qg2tQncc1svefdfo2_r2_500.gif

nehruviandoom-logo-6.png

#9 OFFLINE   Another 3 pointer!?™®

Another 3 pointer!?™®

Iluminati™ Enforcer

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Nah.

The East has been woefully weak and boring save for NY. MIA is even eating s#!t versus teams on the road and in general looking beatable. Championship hangover or whatever.

Yeah I agree with you, I think Miami can do way better than their doing right now if they actually play for real. Lebron is too worried about stats and doing less scoring that should to or can. TBH I thinking Lebron James can lead the league in scoring if he wanted to.
  • Kobes 5th Ring likes this

Miami Heat Anthem

#10 OFFLINE   DJtheCap™

DJtheCap™

r8 it 8/8 m8

• Members
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

The WCF is much stronger, but the East really is awful like Nick said. The West playoffs are going to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch especially if the Lakers get it together, so many good teams that every series will be a marquee matchup.

The East has the Heat, the Knicks, and then junk for the most part. The Hawks are overrated IMO, Celtics have been weak, Nets are underperforming, Bulls with D Rose back might surprise, but not right now, and the whole Southeast division (minus heat + aforementioned hawks) is garbage.
  • Another 3 pointer!?™® likes this

fb7c54e3437eed88a91251c87041688e.480x286

step up m8

#11 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

Yeah, I think this season is the most competitive in a while for the NBA.
The West is super stacked and they may become even more stacked if the Lakers play up to their potentials. The East can't be compared with the West despite having the best team in the league (still not the best record in the league though). The East has one team with single digit losses while the West has four. And that's just a small example of West's domination.

Right now, the Heat and the Knicks are the best teams in the East with the Hawks still hanging in there. But let's not forget how strong the Sixers began last season to finally end up as the 8th seed. With Rose back, the Bulls will jump to the Heat - Knicks group and those three will be the three teams to battle for the EC crown. But let's not forget the Celtics. They might surprise people again in the PS. I wish. I love the Celtics.

***Damn, I so look forward to Rose's return. I like watching all the Bulls game -I would anyway- because the momentum is building and when Derrick comes back... it's gonna be emotional and exciting.

Thank you.

I really don't know why the games should be so many. I mean, the league had 80 ish games like forever, so I'm not sure if it's marketing the reason.
But yeah, like you said, last season teams put much more effort because the games were more important.

Again, that's why people in Europe snob NBA's RS. In Europe, every game -especially in the Euroleague- is like do or die. And that's the beauty of it.

#LessGames

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Antetokounmpo

Antetokounmpo

• Members
  • 3,774 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

r u the dude from workaholics?!??
  • Flip likes this

#13 ONLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 17,914 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

The West in general is a lot stronger. Teams like the Warriors and Clips are doing really well, then you have a Lakers team who are supposed to be a top 5 team in the West with their talent, but instead are struggling but can turn it up a notch if they aren't so inconsistent, and you have the Nuggets, Rockets, Spurs, Thunder, Grizzlies, and the Blazers. But the East isn't that strong. Miami looks a bit weaker TBH and they have been inconsistent despite their good record, Boston has played like crap, New York is doing good but they've been struggling, Indiana, Chicago and Philly have all been struggling without their stars and the Hawks are a solid team.

#14 OFFLINE   ISOMELO

ISOMELO

• 5,351 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I agree. The West is stacked, and the East will eventually get a whole lot stronger. Imagine the Knicks once Amar'e gets comfortable and Iman Shumpert gets back, the Pacers once Granger gets back, the Sixers once Bynum gets back, and last but not least the Bulls once D-Rose gets back. I also think Brooklyn and Boston can break out of their struggles.
tumblr_n11so4VD2Q1rdqggno1_400.giftumblr_mjmh37fgsm1ql5dzao1_400.gif

#15 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 29,308 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I think people are overreacting, The East may be weak but all the injuries are the problem

76ers don't have Bynum, Bulls don't have Rose, Indy without Granger

Boston will break out their struggle and if Brooklyn can get Sloan the East will be a lot stronger

#16 OFFLINE   trs72

trs72

Superstar

• Members
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Same here, there does seem to be a lot more balance this year. This is good for the league that there seems to be a lot of parity right now. Miami is still the team to beat, but they have one huge weakness and thats big bangers that can rebound and keep people out of the paint. I actually think a team that rebounds and plays good defense has a legit shot to knock them off in a 7 game series this year.
When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my ass- Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball- Pete Rose

#17 OFFLINE   Toni Productions

Toni Productions

Rookie

• Mix Makers
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

I definitely agree

6551dc1d3353abd407b0b7428a0ef.png

#18 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

I really believe that the NBA is stronger now than it was in the past 4-5 years...At least the start of it...I enjoy ths years basketball so much. When I see Philly,The Knicks,Golden STate,Denver,Atlanta,Indiana,Huston,Portland,Minnesota all doing well...I LOVE this season...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#19 OFFLINE   Mr. Smiley

Mr. Smiley

• Members
  • 6,804 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

I agree. NBA today has a lot of great players in each team so it makes the NBA games much more fun too watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users