• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

I am shocked...I was going through the NBA site and came up to the dunk ladder saw that Griffins off the backboard dunk is in front of 5-6 better dunks including the insane Harrison Barnes dunk over Pekovicwich is just insane. That just shows how overrated Griffin is.

Griffin's dunk

Barnes dunks over Pekovic:

Do you think that Griffins dunk is really number one and BTW her is the ladder

http://www.nba.com/d...2-13/index.html

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#2 ONLINE   Ben

Ben

• 28,920 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

[expletive deleted] NO

#3 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 24,021 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

That doesn't make him overrated as a player.
It's just that he's a top product of the NBA and they try to take advantage of that.

In the top 10 plays of 2012, the NBA put Lin's buzzer beater against the Raptors at #6 or something. A play that shouldn't even be considered for the season's top 10.

Those things though have nothing to do with their game. Griffin is a really good player.
  • Nina Barklartey likes this

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

I'M A BOOZER

• Members
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

How does this overrated him?

I'm pretty sure Griff is playing basketball right now for the Clippers and not the head editor at NBA.com.

SMH.
  • Rog likes this

tumblr_mlpz5bjnjP1revfvbo2_500.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
Mark Twain

#5 OFFLINE   WrongIslander 2.0

WrongIslander 2.0

Inventor of the Turf and Turf

• Members
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Barnes is the clear winner up to now, the whole order is wrong.

1. Barnes
2. Green
3. Mullens
4. Gallo
5. DeRozan

That's right I wouldn't have any wide open dunk in my top 5, hell my top 10 if there were more to choose from.

shakira.gif?w=300

Brendan Rodger's Liverpool we're on our way to glory!

"I thoroughly enjoyed my team mates and I always said that when I left the Celtics I couldn't go to heaven because that would be a step down" - The Great Bill Russell

#6 OFFLINE   Nina Barklartey

Nina Barklartey

Bernard King 2.0

• Members
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

I actually agree with Teo and Nick- however, I have gotten frustrated more than a time or two with the NBA and how they market the guys. Which ones are chosen over others to be the face, names and guys that the majority of the world (now that we are so globblized) associates with-

That's what is so cool about H-N, because we all are the ones posting. Plus we are so lucky to have the Owner of the site and his staff that are so open and fair with us. I find that I often learn a lot more here and get the "real" pulse of what's going on, at least as far as the fans are concerned-

Thanks for bringing this up-
It really is something to think about as I am sure we are not the only ones who have noticed this before on the major media outlets...
Why do you love this game? :dribble:

#7 OFFLINE   Fakhrul

Fakhrul

Madness is Delicious!

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Griffin's not overrated.NBA is just try to oversell him.
Wait a minute.Isn't that make Griffin overrated?

Posted Image

Goat Battle

#8 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

That doesn't make him overrated as a player.
It's just that he's a top product of the NBA and they try to take advantage of that.

In the top 10 plays of 2012, the NBA put Lin's buzzer beater against the Raptors at #6 or something. A play that shouldn't even be considered for the season's top 10.

Those things though have nothing to do with their game. Griffin is a really good player.

Never said overrated as a player...Just overrated. He is a great player but personally I think he isa bit overrated as a player also...And NBA is just sucking off the general public

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#9 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• 24,021 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Never said overrated as a player...Just overrated. He is a great player but personally I think he isa bit overrated as a player also...And NBA is just sucking off the general public

I can't connect the word overrated with something other than on court abilities.
Anyway, if you didn't mean it like that, ok.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

I actually agree with Teo and Nick- however, I have gotten frustrated more than a time or two with the NBA and how they market the guys. Which ones are chosen over others to be the face, names and guys that the majority of the world (now that we are so globblized) associates with-

That's what is so cool about H-N, because we all are the ones posting. Plus we are so lucky to have the Owner of the site and his staff that are so open and fair with us. I find that I often learn a lot more here and get the "real" pulse of what's going on, at least as far as the fans are concerned-

Thanks for bringing this up-
It really is something to think about as I am sure we are not the only ones who have noticed this before on the major media outlets...

How does this overrated him?

I'm pretty sure Griff is playing basketball right now for the Clippers and not the head editor at NBA.com.

SMH.

I didn't mean overrated as a player,at least not in this case...He is overrated so he can be placed as a product wich is placed out to the public....But they overrate him sometimes as a player too

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#11 OFFLINE   Saint Nick C

Saint Nick C

I'M A BOOZER

• Members
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

I didn't mean overrated as a player,at least not in this case...He is overrated so he can be placed as a product wich is placed out to the public....But they overrate him sometimes as a player too

Okay... but you're talking about the general public versus seasoned/more observant NBA fans.

Guess what? There are more people who like Blake because he's on Subway/KIA/Nike or whatever else he's doing... He is a visible athlete. It's no different that All-Star voting or anything public voting really depending on the forum.

Ha! MTV Movies (not a reputable source, but makes my point) movie of year is Twilight something something saga whatever part 2...

I honestly never go to NBA.com. For anything. Ever.

You're almost asking to be annoyed. LOL.

tumblr_mlpz5bjnjP1revfvbo2_500.gif

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
Mark Twain

#12 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Harrison Barnes should be #1. I totally agree with you..

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#13 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Okay... but you're talking about the general public versus seasoned/more observant NBA fans.

Guess what? There are more people who like Blake because he's on Subway/KIA/Nike or whatever else he's doing... He is a visible athlete. It's no different that All-Star voting or anything public voting really depending on the forum.

Ha! MTV Movies (not a reputable source, but makes my point) movie of year is Twilight something something saga whatever part 2...

Right about the sakig to be annoyed....I go there for the highlights of games I miss because I live in Europe so I miss games that are like 3:30 in the morning here... Luckey me I catch most of the games....

Yeah...But it really annoyes me when I see stuff like that happen

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#14 ONLINE   Team Player

Team Player

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 4,310 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

So I'm not the only one.

I go to basketball-reference.com or ESPN (Hollinger and insider).

Haven't been to NBA.com since the early 2000's, lol.

#15 OFFLINE   Clutch

Clutch

Bleed Green

• HN Journalists
  • 13,893 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

That shouldn't be like top 10 lol. Barnes dunk is easily #1 so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   KKinsey

KKinsey

MVP

• Members
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

That's why he's overrated. It's the media that builds him up so much, so that the casual NBA fan all they hear about and see is Blake Griffin this and Blake griffin that. If the media didn't try and sell him so much he wouldn't be overrated.

#17 OFFLINE   Damnshow

Damnshow

Off the hizzle fo shizzle dizzle

• Members
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

dude good morning, make your fair top 10 and put it on youtube, this is marketing [expletive deleted] of course they gonna give the star players better rankings, pay less attention to that [expletive deleted]

mqdefault.jpg

a мы все отдыхаем хорошо

#18 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

That's why he's overrated. It's the media that builds him up so much, so that the casual NBA fan all they hear about and see is Blake Griffin this and Blake griffin that. If the media didn't try and sell him so much he wouldn't be overrated.

That is the whole point of being overrated. You just basicly said if he wasn't so overrated he wouldn't be overrated....

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#19 OFFLINE   RondoFan

RondoFan

Haters Gonna Rape

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Barne's dunk deserves dunk of the year tbh

#20 OFFLINE   Toni Productions

Toni Productions

Rookie