17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

Lakers :

Advantages : Veterans, leaders, a very consistent Kobe Bryant, inside game, (more fans by airWarrior)
Disadvantages : Slow, older players, the bench, rely on the three to much, inconsistency

Clippers :

Advantages : The bench, young players, fast, the leader in Chris Paul, (better team by airWarrior)
Disadvantages : The lack of veterans (elite veterans), they have one leader and that's CP3,

What I mean with the lack of veterans is that the Clippers don't have veterans like Kobe, Pau, Jamison and Nash. The Clippers don't have championship players like the Lakers do ( I'm not referring to Nash and Jamison now ).

On to the rivalry :

How will the game look like?
Will it be a blow-out for one of the teams?
Is the Clipper Bench going to be a big factor?
What if the Clippers played like they played against the Warriors in the last game, would the Lakers win?
Will Meeks, Hill and MWP step up for the Lakers?
What if the Lakers played like they played against the Knicks when they won?
Who will win?
Kobe says that when the Staples Center turns into the Clippers colors it's his second favorite place to play, will he take over this game?
How will Dwight and Pau play? Effective or not? What about Blake and D.Jordan?
The better night, Nash or Paul?
The leading scorer on each team?
Leading rebounder? Blocks? Assist? Steals? Turnovers?
Just for fun, the total score and outcome of the game?

Feel free to answer ( if you want lol)

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#2 OFFLINE   airWarrior

airWarrior

aunt jemima hoyo hoyo

• 15,922 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

POPULAR

Clippers :

Advantages : Better team

Lakers :

Advantages : More fans

There you go.
  • Costel, The Future, Patrick Bateman and 3 others like this

W1UezfD.gif

#3 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Clippers :

Advantages : Better team

There you go.

Maybe just right now...

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#4 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

There is only one thing for sure, tomorrow's game is gonna be one of the most anticipated and one of the most passionate games this season.

This game, and every game that is held in California and generally the west-west part of the US, is too late (Greece time) but there is no way I miss it.
It's gonna be fun.

Right now, the Clippers are in far better shape and they're on a roll despite those two losses and on the other hand the Lakers have still to live up to their potentials or even close. This game is a good chance for the Lakers to change the momentum and start winning basketball games because being confident is very important.

The Clippers, especially being the "home team", are the favorites and they'll probably win but I think it's like 60-40. I may underrate the Clips right now, but I think the Lakers will want this one badly.
We'll see.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

There is only one thing for sure, tomorrow's game is gonna be one of the most anticipated and one of the most passionate games this season.

This game, and every game that is held in California and generally the west-west part of the US, is too late (Greece time) but there is no way I miss it.
It's gonna be fun.

Right now, the Clippers are in far better shape and they're on a roll despite those two losses and on the other hand the Lakers have still to live up to their potentials or even close. This game is a good chance for the Lakers to change the momentum and start winning basketball games because being confident is very important.

The Clippers, especially being the "home team", are the favorites and they'll probably win but I think it's like 60-40. I may underrate the Clips right now, but I think the Lakers will want this one badly.
We'll see.

You're right on but with that Lakers momentum thing is gonna be tough. I thought the Lakers would turn things over when they had that crazy win over the Knicks but turns out they didn't. This game might. I don't know why but i have a pretty good feeling about this game. The Lakers might win but Dwight needs to step up in offense AND defense. Meeks, MWP and Jamison should be having great days for the Lakers to win.

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#6 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,977 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

If Dwight could dominate Deandre in the post, it could change everything. I have the Clippers as they've been playing much better despite their 2 game losing streak... Lakers are just way too inconsistent and are struggling to be above .500!! They need a big game from Pau Gasol as well (who probably still has nightmares about those dunks Blake Griffin did on him). Kobe will do his thing as usual especially against Crawford or Green who aren't very good defenders. I could see the Clippers putting Barnes on Kobe a lot tomorrow night. Oh and I forgot... the Lakers NEED TO CONTEND CHRIS PAUL. They don't contend CP3, they don't win the game. Simple as that.
  • Dedo™ likes this

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#7 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

If Dwight could dominate Deandre in the post, it could change everything. I have the Clippers as they've been playing much better despite their 2 game losing streak... Lakers are just way too inconsistent and are struggling to be above .500!! They need a big game from Pau Gasol as well (who probably still has nightmares about those dunks Blake Griffin did on him). Kobe will do his thing as usual especially against Crawford or Green who aren't very good defenders. I could see the Clippers putting Barnes on Kobe a lot tomorrow night. Oh and I forgot... the Lakers NEED TO CONTEND CHRIS PAUL. They don't contend CP3, they don't win the game. Simple as that.

Yes, Dwight and Pau needs to play really good. You're right, they need to contend CP3.

Oh, Barnes on Kobe? Are you sure? lol

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#8 ONLINE   DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• Members
  • 30,120 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Except there is no though.

uMe1yFr.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   PaulTrillsap

PaulTrillsap

Most Influential Poster of All-Time?

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

there is no rivalry, just something some fans believe in and something that the media hyped up. You don't get a rivalry after one season, rivalries take seasons to build. And it's not really much a rivalry when one team is third in the west and the other is tenth or whatever they are
  • DTIII™ and The Logo like this

I'm LeBron Jamesufdup.png you a fukking rookie pacspit.gif

#10 ONLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 17,918 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'm tired of this "Battle LA" stuff. It'd actually be a rivalry if guys like Reggie Evans, Lamar Odom and Matt Barnes were still on their respective teams. These two teams have a bunch of talent and play in the same city, sure. But guys like Barnes and Odom who got into altercations before with the Clips aren't on the Lakers anymore. I highly doubt that Barnes or LO will get into an altercation with his former team.

#11 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

there is no rivalry, just something some fans believe in and something that the media hyped up. You don't get a rivalry after one season, rivalries take seasons to build. And it's not really much a rivalry when one team is third in the west and the other is tenth or whatever they are

Ok, my bad. It's not a rivalry, it's a derby..

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#12 OFFLINE   Costel

Costel

I AM

• Members
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

Lakers :

Advantages : Veterans, leaders, a very consistent Kobe Bryant, inside game, (more fans by airWarrior)
Disadvantages : Slow, older players, the bench, rely on the three to much, inconsistency

Clippers :

Advantages : The bench, young players, fast, the leader in Chris Paul, (better team by airWarrior)
Disadvantages : The lack of veterans (elite veterans), they have one leader and that's CP3,

What I mean with the lack of veterans is that the Clippers don't have veterans like Kobe, Pau, Jamison and Nash. The Clippers don't have championship players like the Lakers do ( I'm not referring to Nash and Jamison now ).

On to the rivalry :

How will the game look like?
Will it be a blow-out for one of the teams?
Is the Clipper Bench going to be a big factor?
What if the Clippers played like they played against the Warriors in the last game, would the Lakers win?
Will Meeks, Hill and MWP step up for the Lakers?
What if the Lakers played like they played against the Knicks when they won?
Who will win?
Kobe says that when the Staples Center turns into the Clippers colors it's his second favorite place to play, will he take over this game?
How will Dwight and Pau play? Effective or not? What about Blake and D.Jordan?
The better night, Nash or Paul?
The leading scorer on each team?
Leading rebounder? Blocks? Assist? Steals? Turnovers?
Just for fun, the total score and outcome of the game?

Feel free to answer ( if you want lol)

That doesn't sound like much of a rivalry if you don't know the opposing team very well. Jamal Crawford, Grant Hill, Byllups they're veterans with experience.

It can be done..
 v7b2o0.jpg
Courtesy of Saint Nick C.

#13 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

The battle for the best team in the city among two very talented teams with contending potentials, is enough to me, personally, to consider it a rivalry.

And given the atmosphere in last season's meetings and the intensity during the games... I think that's a rivalry.
All those years that the Knicks and the Nets weren't good or when only the Nets were good, there was still a rivalry but there was no hype around it.

In the early 90's were the Celtics and the Lakers were shitty... wasn't the rivalry still there?! Of course it was. It's the hype that wasn't there.

To the point, since both teams are talented AF, they got stars and superstars, they share the same city and the same arena and with the hype being there from the pre-season of last season... I think that's gonna be an intense game that will scream rivalry.

Just my two cents.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

That doesn't sound like much of a rivalry if you don't know the opposing team very well. Jamal Crawford, Grant Hill, Byllups they're veterans with experience.

Not Jamal Crawford. Hill and Billups are injured. They won't have an impact on the game...

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#15 OFFLINE   WTAP

WTAP

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

The battle for the best team in the city among two very talented teams with contending potentials, is enough to me, personally, to consider it a rivalry.

And given the atmosphere in last season's meetings and the intensity during the games... I think that's a rivalry.
All those years that the Knicks and the Nets weren't good or when only the Nets were good, there was still a rivalry but there was no hype around it.

In the early 90's were the Celtics and the Lakers were shitty... wasn't the rivalry still there?! Of course it was. It's the hype that wasn't there.

To the point, since both teams are talented AF, they got stars and superstars, they share the same city and the same arena and with the hype being there from the pre-season of last season... I think that's gonna be an intense game that will scream rivalry.

Just my two cents.

I remember being very underwhelmed with the Clippers/Lakers games after the first regular season game. And before the two recent finals series the Boston/LA rivalry was something that was forgotten about. I seriously doubt anybody on their teams gave two craps.

It's not a rivalry. Just another game. If anything the Clippers should be worried about the Warriors and not some below 500 team

#16 OFFLINE   TeoTheGreek13

TeoTheGreek13

Basketballholic

• Members
  • 24,088 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

I remember being very underwhelmed with the Clippers/Lakers games after the first regular season game. And before the two recent finals series the Boston/LA rivalry was something that was forgotten about. I seriously doubt anybody on their teams gave two craps.

It's not a rivalry. Just another game. If anything the Clippers should be worried about the Warriors and not some below 500 team

About the Celtics-Lakers thing you might be right, although I strongly believe that the players of both teams want to win this game more than other games.

But for the Clippers-Lakers thing, I disagree. Today's game will have everything a rivalry game should have. I have little doubt.

★★★Panathinaikos BC★★★

Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT

DA GAWD

• Members
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

106-91 Clippers.

It won't be a blow out but the Clips will always Keep the Lakers at a distance.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   Diamantidis is GOAT

Diamantidis is GOAT

DA GAWD

• Members
  • 8,358 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Yes, Dwight and Pau needs to play really good. You're right, they need to contend CP3.

Oh, Barnes on Kobe? Are you sure? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irwF4EziLw0

Lol. Kobe was like,'' Are you mad Matt?''

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users