Photo

Would a Danny Granger for Gerald Wallace and MarShon Brooks trade work?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DJ.

DJ.

Hey

• Members
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Pacers get: Gerald Wallace, MarShon Brooks

Nets get: Danny Granger

I feel like this would work out great for both teams. Pacers get Wallace who will let George and Hibbert develop, and get Brooks off the bench.

Nets get another all-star in Granger.
GSL:INDIANA PACERS GM!

#2 OFFLINE   Sean

Sean

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 9,566 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

I like it. Wallace hasnt been producing for brooklyn, and would probably do much better with a change of scenery. They also get a guy who could become a very good role player. Brooklyn gets a great scorer in return with experience.

#3 OFFLINE   DJ.

DJ.

Hey

• Members
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

I like it. Wallace hasnt been producing for brooklyn, and would probably do much better with a change of scenery. They also get a guy who could become a very good role player. Brooklyn gets a great scorer in return with experience.

I like you
GSL:INDIANA PACERS GM!

#4 OFFLINE   Sean

Sean

Greatest Poster of All-Time?

• 9,566 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

I like you

I love you.
  • DJ. likes this

#5 OFFLINE   Dedo™

Dedo™

♥Tori Kelly♥

• Members
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Granger would fit in good but Wallace does more than score. He has been playing really good lately. This would not benefit Brooks at all if the Pacers doesn't cut down on the minutes for Paul George and Gerald Green. If he gets more than 20 MPG i would be satisfied. This trade might work out.

R1c71Ut.gif?1

#6 OFFLINE   Swish

Swish

***NBA IN MTL***

• Members
  • 33,945 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

I like this trade for the Pacers a damn lot... they would be even deeper than they already are but I don't really like it for the Nets. Yes Gerald Wallace has been struggling but he's still a very good player. We haven't seen Granger in a long time and he always gets injured. I also always thought his game was overrated. Yeah he's a good offensive player, good post-moves and a lethal sharp-shooter but he's overrated... not a good passer and definitely not a good defender. I think the Nets would currently be better than without Wallace and Marshon for Granger.

demar_derozan_signature_by_egbdesign-d4z

#7 OFFLINE   Vino

Vino

Walt Frazier: Pure Style.

• Members
  • 7,739 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

There's absolutely NO reason why the Nets should do this. They lose a killer defender, with a big motor and loads of energy in Gerald Wallace and a top-notch talent in Marshon Brooks. God knows why that young man isn't playing that much... On top, Granger might be a better scorer than Wallace, he's also often injured.
  • Dedo™ likes this

LeBron+James+Miami+Heat+v+Phoenix+Suns+-

Article by Vino and Djoker on Greatest Title Teams ever: http://hoops-nation....ino-and-djoker

#8 OFFLINE   DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• Members
  • 30,113 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

It would be okay, I guess.

I4FjQN3.jpg

#9 OFFLINE   trs72

trs72

Superstar

• Members
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Pacers get: Gerald Wallace, MarShon Brooks

Nets get: Danny Granger

I feel like this would work out great for both teams. Pacers get Wallace who will let George and Hibbert develop, and get Brooks off the bench.

Nets get another all-star in Granger.

Dont see the Pacers trading Granger, but honestly that is not a bad deal for either team. With the emergence of Paul George and him really being a forward instead of a guard it would be a good deal cause Marshon Brooks can lite it up and he is young. Brooks defense leaves a lot to be desired thou and that would not go over to well in Indiana where they take pride in being a lock down defensive team. The Pacers over they years have been a team that shows a lot of loyalty to guys like Granger and with Granger sticking with then thru the bad times I doubt thye would trade him now that things are good. I also think Granger has a no trade clause but not 100% on that. I do like the trade as far as that goes, but I am also partial to Granger and would like to see him retire as a Pacer.
When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my ass- Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball- Pete Rose

#10 OFFLINE   trs72

trs72

Superstar

• Members
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

Granger would fit in good but Wallace does more than score. He has been playing really good lately. This would not benefit Brooks at all if the Pacers doesn't cut down on the minutes for Paul George and Gerald Green. If he gets more than 20 MPG i would be satisfied. This trade might work out.

If that trade was made Gerald Green would not see the floor,lol. As long as Marshon showed interest in playing defense that is he would play quite a bit for us as we need more scoring.
When I die I want to be buried upside down so all my critics can kiss my ass- Bobby Knight

I would walk thru hell in a gasoline suit to play the game of baseball- Pete Rose

#11 ONLINE   The Logo

The Logo

Pls hire Byron

• 17,549 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

That would absolutely work wonders for the Pacers. They gain a good defender in Wallace and can bring a quality scorer in Brooks off the bench and they let Paul George develop. Pacers scoring would improve due to the fact they have two quality scorers on their team off the bench with that trade going through in Gerald Green and Marshon Brooks. Although, I don't really see Brooklyn doing that deal. Granted, Brooks is not getting the minutes and Granger is a better scorer than Wallace, we don't really know how he'll do once he comes back from injury and also they lose their only good perimeter defender in Gerald Wallace. Pacers would look good after the trade, Brooklyn looks much worse.

HNL: Bulls GM
1 Championship, 2 Finals Appearances

GSL: Sonics GM

#12 OFFLINE   TheSwish

TheSwish

MVP

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

I think that wouldn't work at all....Granger fits perfectly with the Pacers and Wallace...well he is just not himself these last couple of years...And what Brooks needs is more minutes that dude will be a beast...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#MVPFORGFXCAPTAIN

#13 ONLINE   The Future

The Future

#RipCity #brehsquad

• Global Moderators
  • 25,983 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Nets would be dumb to do this unless Paul George is involved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users