Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's your two cents on Pau Gasol?

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it a matter of personel changes in the coaching job that he's transformed from a dominant post player to a perimeter player? Or is it him just drifting off to the perimeter on his own and not the coaching decisions incorporated by Mike Brown and Antoni?

Posted

He doesn't fit into this offense. In my opinion, he needs to be traded.. but I'm pretty sure his value is at an all-time low.

Posted

He doesn't fit into this offense. In my opinion, he needs to be traded.. but I'm pretty sure his value is at an all-time low.

I'm pretty sure there's a team in NY who would still be very interested in a world class PF that doesn't need the ball in his hands ...

Then when he's with a good coach again we'll see him shine once more.

Posted

He's still a top 5 PF but he doesn't fit in this system at all. With a change of scenery I believe he'd return to true "Pau" form.

Posted

He is a top 10 PF still but does not fit in D'Antoni's system

Posted

Why does he need to be traded? Dantoni is the idiot sticking with the same plan for every game.

They need to trade for someone who fits his "plan" if they are keeping dantoni

Posted

They need to trade for someone who fits his "plan" if they are keeping dantoni

well Dantoni is the real problem but sadly your right because he's not leaving

Posted

Personally I think that it's a coaching decision. If he's in the right system where he's on the post he'd strengthen his case for a top five PF. I mean look at the Olympics. With his brother Marc in foul trouble, he dominated Chandler in the gold medal game to keep Spain in the game. I think he just needs to play on the block more and her be a much better player.

Posted

Why does he need to be traded? Dantoni is the idiot sticking with the same plan for every game.

Because he doesn't fit in with our coaching staff's game plan. I think he's still a top 5 PF, but doesn't work well with this squad.

I wish Mitch could somehow pull off some magic yet again, by using Pau and others to land Rudy Gay or Kevin Love! I know that's a pipe dream, but it would be extremely awesome to see.

Posted

It's him drifting off from the paint... definitely. I mean when he gets it in the paint, he's so scared of contact and looks for the pass more than scoring. Trade him before his trade value is gets even lower.

Posted

Because he doesn't fit in with our coaching staff's game plan. I think he's still a top 5 PF, but doesn't work well with this squad.

I wish Mitch could somehow pull off some magic yet again, by using Pau and others to land Rudy Gay or Kevin Love! I know that's a pipe dream, but it would be extremely awesome to see.

every coach has a plan, but they don't always keep it the same every game. They adjust to their players not the other way around, why the heck is Pau on the perimeter?

Posted

I have seen enough of pau this season, he needs to be traded

Tony Hoops likes this

Posted

Won't fit in D'Antoni's system. He needs to be traded I think. The only problem is that his value's so low right now, so a team like the Knicks can pick him up without too large of an asking price. I think that he is best swapped for Stoudemire (another player that doesn't fit in his team's system) and we see Nash, Amare, and D'Antoni reunited in LA.

Posted

Pau Gasol is a post player.

Pau Gasol is not a perimeter player.

Phil Jackson let Gasol be a post player.

Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni make Gasol a perimeter player.

The end.

Posted

Pau Gasol is a post player.

Pau Gasol is not a perimeter player.

Phil Jackson let Gasol be a post player.

Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni make Gasol a perimeter player.

The end.

That doesn't excuse his awful defense though. Out of all our main players Gasol might just be our worst defender. If Gasol could just play defense we would be fine.

Posted

That doesn't excuse his awful defense though. Out of all our main players Gasol might just be our worst defender. If Gasol could just play defense we would be fine.

Leading scorers of the past few opposing teams that the Lakers have played -

Chris Paul (guard)

Jrue Holiday (guard)

LaMarcus Aldridge (forward)

Corey Brewer (guard)

Carmelo Anthony (forward)

So obviously the defensive struggles aren't just Gasol. Most leading scorers are guards. The help defense probably isn't there but we can't pin all of the perimeter defense on Gasol. The whole team is struggling defensively, not just Gasol.

Posted

I'm pretty sure there's a team in NY who would still be very interested in a world class PF that doesn't need the ball in his hands ...

Then when he's with a good coach again we'll see him shine once more.

There's no way you're getting Gasol for Amar'e straight up if that's what you're thinking.

Gasol

Ebanks

Meeks

For

Amar'e

Sheed

J.R Smith

Posted

It's stupid to hire a coach with an already made offense and trade the players that don't fit his style. But Gasol has been playing poorly before D'Antoni came to L.A. So he needs to get out of there for Lakers to have a better chance of winning

Posted

He needs to be traded. Complete trash.

BTW,

Pau Gasol is not a Top 5 PF.

LaMarcus Aldridge

Blake Griffin

Chris Bosh (if you still consider him a PF, I consider him C)

Kevin Garnett

David Lee

are all better.